Universal Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past - (by GlitchSoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 21, 2014.

1. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    I want this game, but I have little space left. Can someone tell me the install size? Thanks!

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    686mb

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Let see all the "instabuy" people in action

4. zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Holy what? That's pretty big

5. JarvisJackrabbit

JarvisJackrabbit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    (Nearly) Insta-bought! Downloading now!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I wonder why this isnt on the PH appstore yet.

Where else is it out now?

7. zombiemuscle

May 6, 2014
    Is there movies or somethinf

8. JarvisJackrabbit

JarvisJackrabbit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Who said that? Oh right, "she" did.

9. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
  10. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    11 pages and no ratings or reviews?

11. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #111 undeadcow, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    First impressions...

Default controls are straight forward, the X combat button can be swiped in one of three directions to do a special attack (direction of swipe for special attack is relative to character position; i.e. always swipe direction Wolverine is facing for lunge be is forward or backward). Alternate control scheme is swipe based. Jump and double jump possible with some of the physics feeling a little floaty (not bad, but odd seeing Wolverine butterfly into a double jump). Unlockable costumes and upgradeable skills. Gameplay is level based with performance gauged on a three star system. End levels statistics include Combat Proficiency, Enemies, Containers Collected (like the candles in Castlevania), and Lore (hidden unlockables) collected.

The initial level suffers from being too "tutorial" driven; the first two bosses are easily disposed of by attack button spam but once Kitty shows up the platforming elements are less linear. [I wish developers to whet the appetite more with novel/interesting first levels]. Once things get going I noticed enemies spawning behind me or placed in areas that required more aerobatics to get to. Experience points are amassed by finding and collecting blue vials that spawn around you when you want into their trigger area so you have to "hunt" for them (there are also red health ones). Experience points are spent to cash in for new or improved skills, you can bank them into skills or alternative costumes as you get them (there's no "level up," chose 1 skill, instead you end up with 5000 points and can distribute them any way but need to bank a certain number to activate that skill).

So far a lot of the enemies seem stationary passively sniping at you instead of in active assault mode, I hope that changes a bit. Right now I'm Kitty is standing in front of a molotov cocktail enemy staring at him and he won't attack unless she steps in range, enemies feel patterned and not spontanious. Damage seems bias towards the player, I can sit and let Kitty absorb bullet blasts for a bit without worry. It's possible to switch characters in the middle of a level (sharing one health bar). There's a minor "auto-aim" feature where the character seems to turn in the direction of the closest enemy if you push the attack button. Attacking enemies carries a combat multiplier for successive successful hits.

Multitasking is good. Between level segments there are more load times than I'd prefer.

The dialogue/script could use more pizzazz but is serviceable. Nothing too challenging so far but having fun and worth the $2.99.

So far I prefer playing as Kitty; onward to unlock Lockheed!

Bummer, it should be live everywhere by now. Maybe Glitch Soft is holding it back for better localization not realizing international players might prefer access to english native build.

12. thebeat07

thebeat07 Active Member

Nov 22, 2013
    No controller support yet. Not buying until it exists.

13. That is something I would like to see too, the dev said they will be putting it in later.

14. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Too busy playing for an in depth post. For now, let's just say it's great, worth the $2.99 (and then some), and it makes my day better.

15. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Not the greatest...
    I have only played the first few levels but, I found myself wishing they would be over sooner :( I will continue to fight through it in the hopes that it will get better. It reminds me a little of He-man but, not as good. I know it's not much to go on but, I hope it helps.

16. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Same for me, no icontroller no buy

17. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    There are really people who own touch devices but will decline purchases for lack of physical controller compatibility? Ironic.

18. zombiemuscle

May 6, 2014
    Honestly I prefer touch controls. It sounds crazy but if u can the hang of it it works well. It's true that it's a different mind body connection. Focusing more on mind.

The advantage is that it's quieter. Less disruptive. More casual. And you can pretend like u weren't just playing a game

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's stupid its not in the PH appstore. Quite frustrated coz this was the game i was looking forward to the most. Pfft.

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Up to stage five. Finding secret rooms and having a blast. Great replayability as you try to collect everything. No issues with controls, the jumping could be a bit tighter but that's splitting hairs. Awesome fun. Can't wait to unlock more characters. I already found a secret spot I couldn't jump to. I assume another character will be able to make that leap?