[Universal] Toad Rider - The Grand Escape (Testers Wanted)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ElektronGames, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Can I get in. Pm me if possible. This looks great

2. ElektronGames

ElektronGames Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Sure thing :) Check your inbox.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Woo! Sweet! I'll be back with imps soon.

4. ElektronGames

Nov 28, 2013
    Great! Looking forward.

Also, plz let us know if you experience any lag or frame rate drop. The game should be running at a constant 60 fps on any device newer than an iPhone 4.

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Silky smooth on my 5S. No bugs yet.

Do you think there's a chance that you could add a mode without the barrier warnings etc? It just kinda makes it feel like I'm not the one playing.

Other than that, the mechanics and upgrades etc. are all there and well done!

6. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Tried it a few times before going to bed. It's butter on my iphone 5. Love the art design! I'll try to burn through this tomorrow. :D

7. ElektronGames

Nov 28, 2013
    Do you mean the gesture-hand that guides you where to go? Actually that goes away once you finish level 1. We just wanted to make sure that the player can complete level 1 and understand the core mechanics.

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #28 JCho133, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    No I was referring to how the walls/laser barriers etc. blink before they appear.

Oh one more thing, I think that the Upgrades in the Shop should be above the Single Use items as it took me a little while to find the upgrades haha

9. ElektronGames

Nov 28, 2013
    The point behind blinking is that the game can run in a really fast speed while giving you enough time to move and avoid the obstacles. The farther you go into the game, the more it becomes intense :) We experimented with non-blinking and found that it kills the excitement.

How do you find the difficulty and speed of the game so far? Is the main concept of the game clear?

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Is there any room left for me?

11. ElektronGames

Nov 28, 2013
    Sure. Here is the TestFlight link: http://tflig.ht/1cBedIx

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Applied with mfros@hot... :)

13. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Played the game today here and there. Currently x8 multiplier (just need to get to lv7 again). Crazy reaction time and focus needed for this lol. The speed is intense but I like it. Coins come in at a good rate but I'm still tempted to get the doubler.

What's the max multiplier from missions?

Encountered 1 minor bug so far but it's hard to replicate. I did a combination of ramp tricks and continued to try double jumping even while on the ground. When I got to a glass wall, my previous combo appeared again with dash added to it.

14. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    this is a very cool game. It's fast paced so you need good reactions. Controls work fine, no lags on my iphone 5. Can't wait to compete scores on game center with all of you :D

15. ElektronGames

Nov 28, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Approved. We added your device to the build.

The current max multiplier is x26. We'll try to replicate the stunts bug and look into it. Thanks for letting us know.

16. ElektronGames

Nov 28, 2013
    We uploaded a new build today. We toned down the speed of the game and the difficulty became more more manageable in the first levels.

Give it a try and let us know your thoughts :)

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I'll download it as soon as I get home (;

18. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    First, thanks for including me :D. Second, I played it and I quite like it... the way it works (don't know if I can mention specifics here) its very good. Cant wait to buy the final product. :)

19. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    It's pretty polished as it is. Feels like you guys fixed the extra combos after landing. And I think you rebalanced the missions? Previously I had a mission requiring me to use a head shield utility. I couldn't figure that one out. :p

The pacing is easier to get into now so casuals won't be so put off by the rush.

I kinda wish the cheaper costumes and bikes had effects too.

20. ElektronGames

Nov 28, 2013
    Sweet! glad that you've enjoyed it :) Did you find the speed and difficulty curve of the game reasonable?

Yeah, we've changed some of the missions; the head shield mission was there by mistake, sorry for that.

Yes, we tried to balance the pacing and difficulty for casuals especially in the first levels. On the other side, after playing the game for a while, do you think the current speed and length of the first levels reasonable? we don't want the experienced players to get bored.

We'll probably add some special features for some of the cheap toads and jets in the next version.

Thanks for the great feedback so far :)