UNIWAR Feature Requests

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by beeonrope, Apr 15, 2009.

1. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    some gestures. such as two finger swipe to end turn.

2. themendoz

themendoz Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Graphically, I do not like to see both enemies attacking at the same time. Let one start and a fraction of a second later the other one can follow.

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    But it's not a dedicated thread. You would have to read EVERY SINGLE POST to find the feature requests. Which is exactly what we don't want.

I'm not sure what you mean by "get with the program before you make this a problem" but seeing as how YOU disrupted the thread, and how your argument was rendered mute... perhaps you aren't the one to be telling people to get with anything. Just my opinion though.

Now to get back on point.

I'd love to have a confirm button added to controlling units. With the all touch controls I somtimes end up tapping my unit (which is the stay command) instead of tapping the enemy unit right next to it. That means I completely wasted a chance to attack and have given the enemy a huge opening.

Maybe a unit chart available through the info screen. Just a basic chart with colors for "effective" "ineffective" and "normal damage" would be really beneficial.

4. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Often mention elsewhere: The ability to lock the orientation of the unit, both to allow fixing the view regardless of iPhone orientation (some like to play laying or their side, or in outer space), and to save battery life.

I would like the ability to click on an opposing unit and see his radius of movement for the next turn.

5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Selectable AI Level: Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane!

6. SpaceManKabump

Mar 21, 2009
    #26 SpaceManKabump, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
    Uh oh, another self-appointed forum "moderator"! The key there being the same TOPIC. This is NOT the same topic as the other threads. Same game yes, different topic. I fail to see the problem.

Umm, no. Not at all. The main thread has 25+ pages, and is a general topic thread. Kind of hard to read through the whole thing when its jumping around from topic to topic. This is a specific thread, as stated by the OP because the Uniwar forum is up yet, which makes it easier to find feature requests for the game without having to sift through 25+ pages where 80% of the posts dont relate to what you need. I really dont see the problem. You two need to lighten up, I don't see any sort of moderator tag next to you name, so until I see something from them I fail to see an issue. Seriously, you contribute NOTHING to this forum by doing this aside from making yourself look like a self-righteous rule monger. Sorry to further derail this thread, just had to get my thoughts out there, and yes I realize they dont matter.

Now to keep this on topic. Some good ideas have already been mentioned, but first and foremost in my mind is an ability to SEARCH for multiplayer games based on various credentials, IE player name, map, turn limit, etc etc.

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Sweet! Back seat moderators own. ;)

They really really need to refine the alert system. I love the way multiplayer works now I just wish the email notification worked differently. I currently have 247 emails from [email protected] alerting me of game invites or turns. If I'm playing a game over a day or two with a couple friends I don't need up to the second alerts for when it's my turn. Throttling and sending them every X minutes would be so much nicer.

I'm scared that with the prolific amount of email they're sending that the uniwar.com email servers are going to end up on all kind of spam black lists even though they are legit emails.

edit: Although I suppose refinements for the email system might be a waste of development time since it won't matter when the notification service gets released.

8. sosita

sosita New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    View Replay

You can see the replay by going to pause menu/game options/view replay,
    you have to make this before make any move when your turn start, otherwise you'll lose this option until your next turn

9. sosita

sosita New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #29 sosita, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
    View Replay

You can see the replay by going to pause menu/game options/view replay,
    you have to make this before make any move when your turn start, otherwise you'll lose this option until your next turn

10. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I'd like to be able to view unit stat/strengths from inside a game...I know you can view your own, but I'm pretty sure you can't see the stats of the units you're attacking.

And I'd second the earlier suggestion for a basic chart showing unit effectiveness against other units. Perhaps on the developer's website if not in the game itself.

Lastly, a way of sorting the online games is desperately needed. Way too many pages of games without any options to filter.

Overall, these are easily addressable issues in a deep, cheep, and fun game.

11. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    one thing that i hate is how sometimes you end up getting paired with the same person over and over again when you hit random game. And also I wish that you could cancel the random game if you wanted to.

12. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I've noticed the same thing. You can cancel any game - just choose the surrender option in the menu (Game Options->Surrender) - you won't lose any points for ranked game unless it is past the third round.

13. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #33 beeonrope, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    Ah great - I really missed that option! I'll update my post to include that solution.

14. MrMiller

MrMiller Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    there needs to be a way to filter out games by turn time limit

i only really want to play 10 minute games, and theres no way to find them except by looking at every game.

15. ithork

ithork Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I just found one... when you get a call while playing the campaign... when the game returns after you hang up, it goes back to the main menu and you have to step through the menu tree to get back to your game.. not a big deal but it would be nice to be automated like a lot of other games do...

16. roostersully

roostersully Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    I think there should be a way to search for games.

17. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    the units should aim at each other and fire. the animations are quite lame....

18. ThRaShEr

ThRaShEr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    A adjustable turn limit would be nice...love the long play but a 5 minute or less turn limit would be awesome for quik play.

19. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    1. Adjustable ai difficulty

2. I want to be able to listen to my ipod music when playing this game.

20. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Has anyone mentioned being able to adjust game/race options once a game has been joined, but before it has been started?

Also, I wish that the utility troops had more utility. As is, they are just crummy paper/rock/scissor units with little to no value.

ps!

Swap the repair command with a defensive dig in. Units heal too little, too slowly, for repair to be viable anywhere outside of a health hex. I'd gladly take a +1-2 Defup and like a -1-2 Attkdwn in exchange.