UNIWAR Feature Requests

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by beeonrope, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Bases should heal your units like in AW

2. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    I think that this game's online system needs a total revamp!
    They should consider using something similar to Open Feint, as that has all of the essential features in an online game.
    Also, a map editor would be sweet!

3. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I second that - it annoys me when they fire in a completely different direction (where there may even be another enemy) but it's still the correct (selected) enemy that gets hit - they really should be firing where you tell them too - otherwise the animations have no use.

4. UniWarOfficialDeveloper

UniWarOfficialDeveloper Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    The joinable games are filtered by players, then bots. As you go through the list, the games shown at the beginning are all user-created until you see a bot game. The rest will be bot games. Also, with each group the games are sorted by closest rank.

Hope this helps reduce the amount of searching for user-created games.

5. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I'd love to see a search button and less than ten minutes per turn.
    And when someone doesn't do their turn in the allotted time frame, instead of waiting for the game starter to kick the person out you should just be able to go onto the next turn straight away.

6. UniWarOfficialDeveloper

UniWarOfficialDeveloper Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009

Anyone in the game is allowed to kick the idle player when the time runs out, not just the person who created the game.

7. jupiter21

jupiter21 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    a map maker would be awesome. and chat in games before they have started, and an improved chat in games that your playing, maybe with a notification when somebody has said something.

8. Xyba

Xyba Active Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Yea a map editor would be awesome so we can play our own custom maps!!

9. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

id love a map maker that would be so cool. i think the online is grand. its easy to get games.

the one thing i dont like is the invite system. i was forced into a load of games and now my record sucks cos of it. the same guy invited me 4 times and he was class so i lost them all. i turned off the invite thing now but does that mean i wont be invited into any games or will i be asked whether i want to play or not??

10. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Yeah, there should be a way to view the game info, and then confirm that you actually want to play the game you were invited to.

And instead of making surrender for the first three turns, it should show an "Abandon game" button that's only available to use for the first few turns, and the surrender button always actually meaning you decide to give in and take a loss.

Chat notification would be nice too, like a little number showing up above the chat button, to show someone sent a message.

One final thing, I'd want to be able to listen to my own music while playing, I don't always like the somewhat klinky-sounding music that goes with the game... Some nice big band stuff would be good for my concentration :D

11. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    The first two points are very good!

12. I would like to have access to the online multiplayer maps in singleplayer games.

13. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yes! I cannot understand, why they cut that! :(

14. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

The game info has to display the map. It now only shows the map name.

15. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Someone may have referenced this already, so forgive me for not reading every post.

The biggest oversight to the multiplayer is that, because we have a "play-by-email" type of turn system, it's crucial to see the opposing players last turn, via a replay, when you open up the game to begin your turn. I'm not even sure, sometimes, whether or not I lost a unit!

16. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Horray :D

Hopefully they'll be put in ._. I'm tired of being dragged into games I don't want to play.

I also think there should be some way of having a fairly real-time game, but I dunno how that would work.

17. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    Well

I know how to play but tutorial

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

:confused:

19. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    You can do this if through the menu before you begin your turn...after that you're out of luck. For an important feature, it's a bit hidden. :)

20. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    #60 icepulse, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009

Thanks for that.
    ;)