UNIWAR Feature Requests

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by beeonrope, Apr 15, 2009.

1. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #61 beeonrope, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    Try the triple healing utility unit - getting 3 or 6 (for units that normally heal 2) health per turn is nothing to sneeze at - on an expensive unit, this can be a base or two worth of free production.

2. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
  3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I hope they hold the price hike up for as long as possible. It's really cool being able to recommend this game to everyone I know, even people who aren't really that in to turn based strategy game because it's a dollar and who cares about flipping out a dollar for a good game.

Also, it's in their best interest to seed the online community with as many people as possible. If they jack the price up to $5, and sales start to taper, it might result in fewer online games which isn't good for anyone.

4. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Yes, I noticed the day after I posted that user-created games have been bumped to the top - much better!

Of course, more powerful filters as mentioned elsewhere (or even just more information on the summary screen) would be great as well, but I understand that will take longer.

5. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I completely agree with the Game Reaper. Having the game bypass the slow player (it would be just as if they ended their turn w/o moving) is much better - it really sucks if take 11 minutes on a 10 minute timer after playing 50 rounds into an intense ranked match and the other player kicks you just so they can win.

I'd suggest that the player just missed the chance to move up until some limit - say 10x the game timer, at which point they can be kicked. Otherwise kicking will be used frequently to win games without completing them.

6. Jelaludo

Jelaludo Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I'd like to see more stats in the War Report

- break down of the units
    - monetary value of what has been destroyed

maybe something like this
    Own units :
    Marines : 2
    Helicopters : 3
    Maurauder : 1

Ennemy units in sight :
    Mecha : 5
    Eclipse : 3
    Walker : 1

maybe with the icons...

otherwise GREAT IDEA by beeonrope about changing KICK OUT to SKIP TURN.

sometimes you are obviously winning and you can get kicked out by a weasel.
    if you just skip your turn, no big deal, you still make money from your bases and your units repair themselves.

7. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

- Bigger maps
    - Objects on maps that you can use
    - Battle animations

8. UniWarOfficialDeveloper

UniWarOfficialDeveloper Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    I see your point, but the issue with "kicking" would apply to "skipping". It may not be fair to "skip" a person because they took 10 minutes and 1 second to complete their turn, especially if the game is intense and there are a lot of units to move. In UniWar, skipping a turn could become a major advantage for the opponent.

Keep in mind that just because you set a 3-day time limit does not mean players have to take the alloted time. As long as you have an understanding with the other players, games should play quickly.

9. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    this game is so fun! i love the multiplayer, hopefully other games will follow suit

10. Jelaludo

Jelaludo Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Thanks for adressing this issue, but, other things being equal, losing a turn will always be less... "definitive" than losing the game.

If it is not "fair" to skip a turn, it is not "fair" to kick somebody out, is it?

Indeed a guy forcing you to skip a turn can lead to early defeat, and that's fine.

Replacing "kick out" with "skip turn" would prevent one very annoying tactic : Player A is losing... stalls the game.. and waits for Player B to get over limit to kick him out.

basically it would still give huge penalty for the "offending" player who went offer the agreed time, without enabling a stupid loophole.

on another note, I mistakenly REMOVED PLAYER when I tried to hit START GAME, because the buttons were so close to each other :(

11. sosita

sosita New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    you can do that on Pause menu/Game Options/View replay you have to do it before make any move

12. smartguy911

smartguy911 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Add a difficulty option. I have been playing this one game for over 2 hours straight (Playing as I type this). The computer is simply too hard.

13. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I think the battle animation request was turned down because it slows down gameplay. I would like to request some form of battle animation to be added in the singleplayer mode, so it wouldn't slow down gameplay that much, and the option to turn animation off. Adds some visual flair to the game.

14. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #74 beeonrope, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
    I agree, but skipping is far less of a penalty than kicking. With kicking, you absolutely lose the game, but with skipping, it is unlikely that the tables will turn significantly (if someone was well on the way to winning, they still will be) - as you still heal and collect money.

For sure it is a disadvantage, but it is better than being kicked from a game you have been playing for weeks (for example - the game hasn't even been out for week yet :) ).

Edit: Jelaludo makes the same points a few posts back, I posted this before reading that.

15. radim

radim New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I could have sworn I saw animations when playing the single-player campaign, tapping the screen skipped them, and there was already an option to turn animations off in the settings (it was the only option there, actually)... Am I crazy?

16. beeonrope

beeonrope Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Yes, but the animations are "on the field", rather than a separate cutscene, which I think what people are asking for (like Advance Wars).

Personally, I'm absolutely fine with brief "in place" animation. The game is more about strategy than seeing the same animations over and over.

17. yacoub

yacoub Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    OH NOES NOT TWO THREADS!! :rolleyes: Most apps have a couple threads.

Go gripe at the two people who started the other two threads since they're not the developer of the app.

18. The keyboard thing is a definite issue.

I also think that another game mode should be added where all the players should be present at the same time to play a full quick game that doesn't take a month to finish. The game is fun, but after making only 1 move every 3 days, the match gets old really fast. I'd rather sit down and play a full game. I wouldn't mind if this was restricted to 1vs1 either.

19. RebelXT

RebelXT Active Member

Jan 15, 2009
    YES! I completely agree there should be near real-time mode. The easiest way would be to add 2 or 3-minute turn time limit to the game. Instant games are so much fun.

20. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Hey guys I was just wondering if UniWar has full online play or is it just local Wi-Fi? Thanks