UNIWAR Feature Requests

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by beeonrope, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Harejordan

Harejordan Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Library Page
    San Jose, CA
    1. When a person creates a game, they have the ability to lock out any race they want? Yes, yes I know, just don't join the game, but still, all races should be available at all times.

2. Hide faction choices, so people can't counterpick.

3. Change the rock-paper-scissors style so each race has a strength and weakness against both other races. i.e. Titans can somehow mind control a Sapien.

4. Maybe a couple more campaign maps, but not really necessary.

2. lowtek

lowtek Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009

I completely disagree with 1, 2 & 3. When you set up a game you should have complete control over everything including selectable races. You can easily see what choices you have before joining a match so there is no problem. As for the rock, paper sicissors thing, it works fine in this game. What you are asking for is a redesign of the entire game.

3. Jesse Arcadia

Jesse Arcadia Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Running for the gold--not working so I can build m
    Los Angeles
  4. UniWarOfficialDeveloper

UniWarOfficialDeveloper Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Hello Everyone!

First of all, we want to thank all of you for your continuing feedback to improve UniWar. We have been keeping track of your thoughts and ideas and will be adding many of them in future updates.

An update was already submitted and should become available soon. Meanwhile, we will be working towards adding more features for the next update, many of which you (the players) have asked for.

If you have other suggestions, you can send them to our support email or post them here.

The UniWar Team

5. andersomel

andersomel New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Bots

Under "Play Online" and Setup game you can set the other players as Bot aka computer!

6. Kosikutioner

Kosikutioner Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Hey cool... the dev! I didn't read through all 11 pages (sorry, its really long...) but the one thing I really would like to see is the computer turns go faster... even hitting that skip button (I'm still in campaign, dunno if it is there in other modes) doesn't really seem to speed it up a ton. Its kind of annoying and has caused me to put the game away on occasion because of slow, well stopped, pace after my turn is done.

7. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    What exactly is going to happen in the update?

*curious*

8. ithork

ithork Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I agree, I'm on Mission 9 and the computer is taking at least 2-3 minutes to take its turn, even on fast-forward. I've stopped playing as a result. I remember reading that this game was ported from Java, I suspect they still have some hand-optimization to do. Hopefully that gets into the next release.

9. NYCrooner

NYCrooner Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I agree on the computers speed. It's very painful and sucks when ur trying to squeeze in a quick game on the train. I've stopped playing the campaign as a result and I'm on level 10. Really disappointing because I'm really digging this game.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me listen to my tunes during gameplay. It's a feature every game should have but only some do. Those that do tend to get the most of my time.

10. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

The game is not smooth in general for singleplayer. When the map is large there is lots of lag even when it's the player's turn, and often the game will not respond to taps. I wonder if the developers tested these issues on iPhone before release, because it certainly seems to be major bugs.

11. Synozeer

Synozeer Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I think there should be more strictness with the ranked games against the computer. It's too easy to set up games that favor you. Ranked games against the computer should follow certain guidelines. For example:

No teams turned off (computer can choose any team)
    Fog of war ON
    Random starting player

And as for regular games, I still feel the faction shouldn't be shown to the other player until after both are chosen, to prevent an unfair advantage of choosing teams beforehand. And I think random starting player works good here too.

12. Jelaludo

Jelaludo Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Ranking :
    - User stats : show how many people he has kicked/removed, perhaps as a percentage of games played (# of removals / # games played against humans) if I see 0,1% I'd be fine, if I see 20% and the guy only plays 10min games, I'd start to worry.

I think some people already abuse the system by doing the following :
    1) Set up a 6 or 8 player game set at 10min pace.
    2) just be prepared to stand by your iphone all day long, and remove people ruthlessly as son as they go over the limit
    3) profit

- no rated games vs computer (AI is too predictible on most maps, guaranteed win)

some already mentioned that I support too
    -starting position : make them random. Players agree on a map and respective races, then the starting points are allocated.
    -team chat (send message to 1) everybody or 2) my team only )

13. Jelaludo

Jelaludo Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    talking about stats, this is perhaps a bit much, but there used to extensive stats available online for ranked Warcraft 3 players
    It was interesting before playing someone to quickly check what their favorite map was, how many times they won with what race etc.

how about a set of extensive game stats, but not necessarily on the iPhone itself, but on a website?

14. inogard

inogard Active Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #114 inogard, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
    Sorry for reviving a week old thread...but I'm just now realizing this "rock paper scissors" people refer to in Uniwar.

I've really be enjoying this game, I love the strategy aspect of it and I recently started playing some games online with a friend. However, as we're playing our games I've noticed the rock paper scissors issue...and I don't understand how it's balanced

So if I'm the Humans playing against the Khraleans: My engineer only gives me extra healing...but their scorpian thing can 1)Take over my small troops, 2)Poison all my units near it, AND 3)Help his team heal.

Is this right? How is that balanced...

I know some of you will say "Pick a different race" but if I start the game I've chosen before I know what the other player takes. AND there will always be a team with a disadvantage becuase of the way it works currently.

Edit: I emailed the Dev and got this response:
    Fantastic, I was hoping this was balanced throughout even though one unit was way more effecting than the other races equivalent.

Thanks again Uniwar Dev team - this game is excellent.

15. weretiger

weretiger Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Biggest issues for me...

I have been playing through the campaign and a few multiplayer games. Even after clicking the speed up button on the larger maps, the wait time while the computer plays is almost unbearable. Take a quick play of advance wars on the DS, to see a great job of implementing computer wait times.

Races could also use a few more units to make things more interesting. Perhaps a unit which can build a bunker space (increase defense of unit occupying that space). Units could use these bunkers to fortify positions. I also believe there would be a great advantage to creating a super high cost, super high end unit, to help end matches quickly that get out of hand. Sometimes I find myself having to build lots of cheaper units to defeat the enemy, which takes longer than I would like, when I have already accumulated a unbeatable advantage in credits and base occupation. I would like to be able to spend some serious credits to get a unit which could just end things quickly at that point.

16. Wargizmo

Wargizmo Member

Apr 24, 2009
    One problem I've been having lately is that about 70-80% of the time when I create a random game my opponent will just quit straight away. I don't know if it's because they don't like the map or are scared to play me or because they won't play a game unless they have an obvious advantage from the start.

I think there needs to be a "random-no quit" button where people can get a random game but if they quit at the start it will count as a loss and they will lose points.

17. davegobe

davegobe Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Chemist
    Cleveland, OH
    Map Ideas

One of my favorite maps is the US one. I'd like to see more "real world" maps incorporated into the game. Having an Africa or Europe would be cool. The Sapiens could be defending the planet from Khraleans and the Titans.

My 2 cents.

18. Snark

Snark New Member

May 8, 2009
    #118 Snark, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
    - (more) asymmetrical maps
    - map preview before joining
    - setup a game: allow to scroll maps in both directions ยป jump from first to last map; better: choice by number of players
    - better team indicator for units of other players in same team
    - in teamplay: give units of kicked player to other player in same team
    - attacking units, especialy distance vs. distance, should have an attacker bonus

kthx :)

19. davegobe

davegobe Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Chemist
    Cleveland, OH
    One more idea - Have unbalanced "Versus" games like 1 vs. 2, etc. The one player team (oxymoron?) would start with more resourses or bases while the two player team would start with the less resources individually, but together would have as much as the single player.

20. Wargizmo

Wargizmo Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Needs to be a filter on the join game list, at the moment to find a real game on a balanced map you have to scroll through dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of rigged games.