Upcoming game iTunnel 3D

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by blahhala, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Okay, I'm looking forward to the release.

2. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    I second this question. How far from release are you? I really like how this looks also. Can't wait!

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Hey when you guys start online integration, what do you think about adding Cloudcell support to your game so that people can upload replays to youtube? It's proving to be a great incentive to customers (Fast and Furious).
    Here's some replays of Fast and Furious online done by Cloudcell:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=fast+and+furious+iphone&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    blahhala, are you guys still around? I saw a game released in the App Store today called Tunnel 3D, but I'm assuming by the screen shots that it's not your game.

5. peter2nvy

peter2nvy Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    yea i was wondering the same thing..

someone help us out here

6. blahhala

blahhala Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Attenion! Attention! The "iTunnel 3D" game that you can see on YouTube is not the same game, that you can find in the AppStore under a very similar name and concept - recommended to read our blog "Loving the CopyCat". Cloubble Adventure Team would like to express that our application idea "iTunnel 3D" has been picked by a CopyCat and we are sorry if he has misled anybody of you who like our concept by buying his game from the AppStore.
    FYI: We are going to release "iTunnel 3D" in the next week.

7. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Wow, add some kind of scoring in there, like grabbing diamonds on your way down, along with multiple levels or even random generated levels, and you've got a winner, seriously, this looks awesome.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've done some beta testing on this game, and in the last build I received (about a month ago), there were 3 levels and you received a score after completing each level. I'm pretty sure they are planning on putting in items at some point, but I think right now they are feeling some pressure because of the unexpected release of the cheap copycat Tunnel 3D. From what I've seen so far, though, i can assure you that the developer is determined to make this the best application they can. It will be pretty awesome when it comes out, and definitely worth the wait.

9. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Well, the copy cat surely doesn't recognize the concept of KARMA. I for one, won't purchase any copycat games or purchase games from companies that employ dirty tactics.

I know in this world its about making your buck any way possible, but people are totally disrespecting others by copying intellectual properties and trying to turn a fast buck on them.

10. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    On the website of the developer I saw that they are planning to release 4 versions: Lite, Classic, Pro and Kids. 3 of them will be paid. I think many people (including me) won't buy a game that has 3 paid versions. Why shouldn't you make 1 version that can do all?

11. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    yeah I agree, thats just as bad as those points games that come out, where you can pay upwards of 50$ for a bunch of virtual stuff.

Make 1 version, with 4 difficulty modes. Or you'll be shooting yourself in the foot, 4 times.

12. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    woah, some of those times, I couldn't even tell the wall was there. In a good way, that is, nice effects with colors.

I'll probably buy this. Whats the price?

13. blahhala

blahhala Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    iTunnel 3D Lite is launched

Hi Everyone,

All of you guys had to wait so long, but after a lot of blood, sweat and tears, we launched the game. It is on the App Store now. You can taste it for free now.
    Please don't hesitate to send your advices and comments if any.

Best,
    C.A.Team

14. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Downloaded it .. played it .. wow wow wow wow wow. This freaking rocks!

At first I thought it was starting a little slow .. then I started hitting things. :D I love the way some of those gaps snap shut on you. Mean and fun all at the same time. And the themes .. the shapes and textures as a theme for each level. Very very nice. Well done. This is just as much fun as I thought it would be ..possibly more. ETA on the full version so I can give money? I want. :)

Though this particular game mode was a lot of fun, have you ever thought of a "relentless" game mode where you never slow down? Maybe you're 'shielded', so you blaze through any obstacle, but lose a shield, maybe get some visual interference, and a good bit more pushed and spun? Possibly you should be able to hit the very next gate without loss of shield, but the disorientation should continue. ..I imagine. :D Well, that's just my thought. So much care has gone into those levels, it would be fun to be able to go through them in other ways.

Okay, gotta try again. Dammit, I should be sleeping!

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Glad to see this finally came out. I've tried some of the other tunnel race games, but this is still my favorite.

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I really like this, but it's not going to replace Tunnel Vision 3D for me unless Landscape mode (home button on right) is added. Touch control would be nice as well, but this game does a pretty good job with accelerometer controls.

The variety of obstacles is fantastic, the music is good, some of the texturing is so-so - I guess some of the obstacles with just a texture plastered on them detract from the realism for me. I just like the looks of things more like the Rock'n'Slide! track.

One nit pick - the ticking noise when you pass gears just seems cheesy and out of place. I know it's trying to be cute with the clocks, but if they really were that size, the tick sound would be a lot slower/deeper (and if you really want to nit pick: echo sounding from the tunnel and Doppler effect as you pass clocks - gears themselves wouldn't make this noise...)

Er, for all the criticism - I do like this game, I'd say it's greatest strength against others I've played is its variety in levels and obstacles. I gave it 4 stars and would recommend it for a buck.

17. blahhala

blahhala Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    All right, landscape mode is added (home button on right or left, as you want). Try again!

18. blahhala

blahhala Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    iTunnel 3D Lite hit the top!

Hey men!
    iTunnel 3D Lite is the #1 in the Top Free Games category in Italy!
    Thank you Italy!
    :)

19. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    #59 sweetdiss, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    I have a suggestion!

The option to have an aiming reticle or just a dot right in the middle of the screen. It may seem pointless, but I think it would make it a bit easier to fit through some of the holes and whatnot if you could actually aim for riiiight in the middle of the space you're going through.

I can't tell you how many times I thought I was coming up on hole perfectly, but it turned out I was off to the side a little and couldn't tell, and bounced off.

Maybe?

Other than that, this is a really freakin' addictive game. Well done!

Nate

PS - When will the full version be out? How will it differ?

20. blahhala

blahhala Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Crosshair, player's dimensions

sweetdiss, you are right!

We'll implement this (iTunnel 3D Lite update coming soon)! It will be an "any time switch off/switch on" function placed at the top-left corner (near by the speedometer). Thanks!

FYI: Many people have the same problem. The main question "How about my dimensions?", is not answered unless you crashing a lot while trying the game in the first 15 minutes.

Szabolcs
    C.A.Team