Upcoming Hack And Slash Scroller - Help me Name it :)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by milios, Feb 9, 2014.

1. milios

milios Active Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Salonica, Greece
    Well combat is the main gameplay mechanism, also there are lot of hand-to-hand weapons, and the game is arcade. I didnt want to give away a name cause it wouldnt be correct, as i havent decided yet, and also didnt want to boost forum post by putting high conversing keywords such as, ville, saga and etc. What would be your definition ? I would be more than happy to know :)

Hmm Deep-Fried Fright / Night ... truth is that my main idea as you can see from the screenshots was to have a guy going crazy inside a wholesale / supermarket, but then i decided to make the enemies Food-Related to be more easy on the eye and more funny, then i was thinking to change the general feel and make it a hotdog stand (he is killing all the evil foods just to get in line and grab a burger) but i wasnt very sure about how appealing would have been.

Cleanup On All the Aisles is interesting maybe i can play with the word Aisle and add it somewhere, Cibophobia on the other hand.... dont know, seems too much serious for such a silly game :)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im in no way required to provide what i think the definition should be, but im pointing out that having screenshots of the gameplay showing zero slashing or hacking and advertise it as that seems a bit, for lack of a better word, ignorant. I notice 4 melee weapons in one of the screenshots, but im assuming that isnt an ingame screenshot.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Cleanup on Aisle DEATH

4. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Thats a cool name :D

5. milios

milios Active Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Salonica, Greece
    Maybe i am ingnorant of the correct term, who knows, i though that it was a term previously used to refer to RPG that were focusing more on the action, and today it usually refers to action games which focus on hack & slash gameplay.

There are currently 6 melee weapons in the game of a total of 24, and i have tweaked the gameplay so the game is enjoyable when you upgrade to the latest melee weapon as it is when going with the ranged ones.

Thanks for your comments.

Cleanup on Aisle DEATH or Cleanup on Death Aisle sounds like a great name, i am becoming more and more intrigued :) It sounds like a Rodriguez movie or maybe a forgotten B-movie one !!

6. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #26 Lazer Kat, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    20 items or Death

Grocery Grappler
    Drop em Shoppin
    Food Aisle Frenzy
    Shoppin' Slaughter -

7. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #27 Lazer Kat, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    SORY MODS
    Duplicate post?
    Please delete.

8. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    How about....

Food Fight!

Nutrient Detriment!

They Feed!

Food fight back!

9. milios

milios Active Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Salonica, Greece
    20 items or Death i can alter the game theme a little bit and add some 20 item cashiers, that would be great :)

Shoppin' Slaughter seems agressive i like it.

They Feed!
    It reminds me of something.... maybe there is a game out there with the same name?

Food fight back! or something like Sometimes Food Fights Back :)

10. milios

milios Active Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Salonica, Greece
    Hello Guys,

Game is finally published. Working on the iPad version now. Changed the enemies (you will see many surprizes of well known brand mascots inside :) )

As for the name, i have included many of your ideas in the title. Thank you all.

You can check the official thread of the game here :

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3180873#post3180873

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Congrats on the release!

12. milios

milios Active Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Salonica, Greece
    Thank you mate :) Let us discuss the conversation on the official thread because its no longer an upcoming game. Have you played it ? You liked the new enemies?