Use the Rope - action game based on physics!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mugeaters, Aug 9, 2011.

1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Me too! :D

2. I say wait and see gameplay/screenshots before judging >_>

3. Thank you for your opinions. We appreciate it. Half of replies agree and half not. Pretty same like in life :)

Wait for first screens which will be released at the end of month.

Lukas

4. A lot of games has a similar names.. a lot of games has an equal gameplay even.. Our game is unseen gameplay with perfect fit name. Most of the critics of the name will disappear after trailer release.

5. DregsOnLegs

DregsOnLegs Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    #25 DregsOnLegs, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
    The people whining about this games title are just sooks.
    Clearly, the name is good. It's already gotten 3 pages worth of comments for a game that has no gameplay trailer, no screenshots, nothing but a title basically, which is unusual on the TA forums, usually threads like these would be ignored, but because the name is so attention grabbing, it's gotten everyone's knickers in a twist!

The society we live in love mainstream things, they love repeating things they hear in the media, they copy the latest phrases from tv shows and movies constantly, even tv adverts!
    They like the familiarity of things in the media, And things that are already successful and "cool"
    Like wearing tshirts that say "winning" because of charlies rants.

If a celebrity names it's first born child something ridiculus like "Apple" you bet a bunch of people will follow in their footsteps, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    That's just the society of sheep we live in.

The title "use the rope" is what got my attention, it's what got me to click on this thread,
    It's what got my hopes up thinking "hm I wonder if this game will be of quality of cut the rope

Just because a few other games already have "the rope" in the title mean absolutely NOTHINH

I doubt anyone, no matter how prudish and politically correct they think they are,
    Would refuse to download a game, even if it looked absolutely awesome,
    Just because it has a word or two the same as another title!

I mean, come on. If you name your child Sarah, and there's another Sarah in her class, are you going to refuse to let your child play with her because she "copied" your name?
    Hell no! So come on! Be reasonable people !

I seriously think the people on touch arcade think there better at game marketing then the successful devs themselves!
    These devs have already created a huge hit, WooZZLE so obvious they don't need to take any whiny advice from T.A warriors who think they are a professional at game marketing simply because they've played 100 hours of "game dev story"
    (looking in triggywiggys direction)

Sheesh.

6. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Hahaha! That cracked me up. Even though I question the legitimacy of that post - I have to say I agree with almost everything you said there. I'm sure you meant no offense to the respectable "TA Warriors"

7. DregsOnLegs

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    I'm glad someone agrees! And no offence was intended. Just pointing out the facts.. Use the Rope is a fine title, it's clearly an attention grabbing title, and there's absolutely no legitimate reason to change it because of the two previous game with "rope" in them. Look how many games have the word "doodle" in them, or "birds". When something becomes popular, get on that train and ride it til it's just a meme!

8. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Your whopping 12-post history indicates that apparently you created your TA account in order to:

Personally attack other TA members.
    Whine that one game is too hard.
    Whine that a second game is too expensive.
    And, my particular favourite because of the staggering irony, whine that a third game is too expensive (incidentally, $2 isn't "premium" pricing for an iPhone game, let alone an iPad game) and has a bad title; this was followed by giving the game's developer your amateur opinion on design and marketing.

Yeah, you're off to a fantastic start there, Spanky. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

P.S. Opinions are not facts.

9. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Saw that one coming. >.>

10. DregsOnLegs

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    #30 DregsOnLegs, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
    Ooh someone got out of the wrong side of the bed today!
    Snappy snappy!

Your obviously one of those people who can't handle "critical" comments,
    Are you one of these people who if someone doesn't like the color ribbon your wearing in your hair that you run off and cry to mommy? Sure sounds like it.
    I wasn't "insulting" anyone, I was genuinely expressing my opinion on people these days who think they know better than successful game developers, wen in fact their probably 15 years old, and have no job/marketing or university experience whatsoever. Not even life experience. So what right do they have to come put in their 2 cents and INSULT the successful and professional dev team with their amateur gibberish? That's all.

And about the Roly polies thread, I never insulted them once, I was critiquing their design.
    And 1.99 certainly isn't too much, (well actually I assumed it was 3.99 cause a bunch of last Wednesday HD releases I bought were that price, but anyway)
    I personally think that no one would pay that price, even though it's measly $2, that even a bum on the street could afford, because of the COMPETITION that all the big companies provide. I sure wouldn't pay 1.99 for amateur looking game when I could go buy a well polished game with hundreds of 5 star ratings for the same price, or cheaper.
    I advise you should be doing the same since your still using a *snicker* 2g iPod touch ! *snicker*
    You could use those dollars to spare! obviously that's why your not complaining ! You always get games for a measly 99c while the rest of us pay up to $10 for a HD version of a game that's like 1 or 2 dollars on the iPhone/iPod version.
    I dont put games on my iPhone it's strictly for texting,calling and photos only. So I don't get that 99c luxury.

11. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    See, the mistake you made there was in thinking that my post was an invitation to begin a conversation; it wasn't. I was indicating that if you are going to try to mock somebody for doing something, you probably should also try not to be guilty of doing the same thing that very day. You should also probably not make your very first posts consist of TA cardinal sins.

That's not really up for discussion; you getting oddly worked up over it doesn't change that, unfortunately.

12. Guys, we wanted this thread pure and ready to start our new game. Clearly is full of not related comments. I want to ask to stop the conversation and fight between you. Come with us to concentrate to next step - screenshots. Thank you

Lukas

13. DregsOnLegs

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    I agree, appletini is being incredibly immature commenting back and forth adding his unwarranted jibes.. But that's 15 year old boys for you!

When are the screenshots or gameplay trailers coming?
    :)

14. Screens will be revealed at the end of month. Video probably at the end of September and shortly after that will be release of the game.

15. When I finished tutorial I found interest fact. I used 'use the rope' for three times for the best explanation how to play game. I can't imagine better name.

Lukas

16. hico

hico Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Wow, sound like a cool game. I can't wait to see you game. :)

17. #37 Mugeaters, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
    Use the Rope on iPhone 3g, iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPod 4 and iPad 2 is stable with perfect performance. Trailer is coming soon.

Lukas

18. bizilux

bizilux Member

Aug 30, 2011
    wont comment on last post since it sounds really stupid to me, why not just post screenshots then?

and yeh i dont like it either that you have rope in the name but ok

19. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Wow, didn't your parents teach you how to have respect. He's most likely just reviving the thread to get as many eyes as possible when they release actual footage.

I'm eager to see how this game plays, all we've had til now are brief descriptions and a teaser pic. Good luck with the game.

20. to bizilux: I edited my previous post a little bit :). I was very happy of results of my job.

to Madman100: Thank you for support. Our trailer is task for extern professional company, so we have to wait just like you.