Universal Vainglory - (by Super Evil Megacorp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I don't like the idea, but as I understand it, Koshka still keeps stacks for 10 seconds. That's a lifetime in the Fold! I suspect I rarely ever use a stack later than 10 seconds anyway, so the nerf will not apply that often.

(It will apply if I have some stacks while roaming the jungle looking for farm and not finding any for a long time—and then I stumble on an enemy or am needed in lane. But assuming I've had contact with SOME kind of farm recently, I'll have some stacks--or will have used them up on purpose, in which case the nerf doesn't matter. It will also apply if I'm lying in a long-term ambush... but I ought to do that less anyway, because it wastes farm.)

2. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Ah, I see what you mean. Anyways, let's move on to the more interesting stuff. Ardan III and Celeste II look really good. I still think I prefer Celeste I, though. And wow, $40 for Taka skin.

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah Ardan 3 looks sweet

4. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
  5. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Have a question, maybe some of you guys know the answer maybe you don't. I have a buddy in the TA guild (Catdaddy) that I believe plays on a Samsung Note 2. He says that he's not able to use the chat function within the game. He says when he clicks on it that a keyboard does not pop up. Anyone have any knowledge about this?

6. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I'd have them contact SEMC support—they actually responded promptly when I did so!

(As a general troubleshooting step I'd try disabling any 3rd-party keyboard that may be in use, if any, in case the stock Google keyboard might work.)

7. Ty-Ty2020

Ty-Ty2020 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2015
    SEMC support replied to my issues in less than an hour so if you had trouble they are amazing devs to talk to.

8. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks guys! After talking it over with him he discovered that the in-game chat feature was turned off in his settings. He was convinced that it was like that because he was playing on a phone and I had the feature because I'm playing on a tablet.

9. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    After a few weeks of playing this is probably the most balanced update ever! It's great that there are no insanely op heroes this time.

10. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Seems like a general slow trend of improvement, long-term! Some missteps along the way, some problems that remain, but the sheer scale and complexity and quality of the things that have gotten right deserve a lot of credit!

11. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    Yeah it does. This game has come so far since it came out and I can't wait to see what's in store at this time next year!

12. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    The matchmaking is so bad right now. Probably getting a good to decent match like 10-20% of the time. It's really turning me off from the game. ####ing people don't know how ironguard works. One team is way op compared to other. Someone goes afk. It's really ridiculous.

13. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    Really? I have no issue what-so-ever. I rarely ever get an afk and no trolls. You must just have bad luck. Is this in rank or causal?

14. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    It's happening in both rank and casual

15. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    Wow idk then. It happens sometimes for me in casual but not in rank.

16. Angmodurian

Angmodurian Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    This is because there is an nonsentical elo system in place which is call Matchmaker rating. Somehow it accumulates if you kill a lot in game. I am one with high MMR & u get matches up with ridiculous folks. If your MMR is not high, you get good team mates like how i am always winning when using other account during new season server reset. However once you accumulate MMR, you get shits again thats why most decent players all join guild. Well this matchmaker is untrustworthy coupled with the majority of casual gamers in touchscreen platform, some will get hellish experience.

17. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I think the matchmaker is simpler than that--it uses the traditional Elo system. But Elo isn't well suited to teams, causing wild variation and sometimes win-loss streaks. They should average out over time--UNLESS you are solo fighting coordinated teams, which they don't compensate for well.

But those variations can be brutal! It helps to play when tons of other people are on. When the player base is small, the matchmaker just has to throw you in with "whoever." The game's popularity is a factor there, so let's hope it keeps growing!

And yes, playing with known teammates helps avoid trolls and AFKs.

In any case, I don't think it counts kills toward your skill tier. It counts wins. Which makes sense, since a killer who doesn't defend turrets will lose, and the vital support role may kill only rarely in a match that's still a big win.

18. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    Yeah it it doesn't count kills for tier. I went 0 kills and won and went up to another tier. It's wins. And I'm not one to talk about afk and trolls because I only play rank in a three person party with communication.

19. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Have never tried voice communication with VG, but I grabbed the Discord app--looks promising.

My tag: Adams Immersive#1233

(Darn! A moment later and I could have been 1234.)

20. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    Discord is great for talking during matches. I do it with my guild all the time and it works pretty well. It also has the posting like social media which is cool also.