Universal Valiant Hearts: The Great War - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 3, 2014.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. I've never really had a pricing strategy when buying iOS games but in the last couple of months I've found myself being far more drawn to the 'premium' pricing end of things and I'm very glad I've finally taken the plunge.

This is the kind of game that deserves a premium price point.

2. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Love it, love it, love it. If you are on the fence, just go ahead and hit the buy button. You won't regret it.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Valiant Hearts: The Great War was nominated for the Touch Arcade forums’ Game of the Week poll. Voting will occur over the next three days. Come vote for your favorite recent releases:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=241647

Developers may not vote for their own games; only pre-existing Touch Arcade members may participate (users cannot join just to vote).

4. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Just brilliant !
    Very good, and well done
    Good serious info in the "books"

And although the IAP is confusing, god knows what UBISOFT were thinking there, my experience was the same as this

"I played for a bit,in episode 1 and I got a push notification telling me about an offer. It was episodes 2-4 from 7,99 to 5,99 with a 60 minutes timer."

Anyway i bought it straight away, er....just have no space :)
    Quote:

5. dmn001

dmn001 Active Member

Dec 15, 2009
    it feels like a sales trick to me - the old time limited offer. people are more influenced to buy if there is a time limit or a perceived scarcity. they have added another lot of IAPs now, its beyond confusing - why would there be a double pack for ep 2 and 4 but not 3? i guess i will wait for the inevitable sale, as i have too much of a backlog to buy this now.

6. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Anyone having a problem which the episodes 2-4 not loading ? It says 0 % the whole time..,,

7. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    :((((

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Also-there is the app-size barrier. An app must be under...anyone remember the size?

Iaps such as episodes swerve clear of this requirement.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Maybe in some other cases but i think the full installation is about 500-600 meg or so (i'll have to check).

It may be a bit confusing the IAP's and i dont think its a 'sales trick', either way its well worth picking up the full game. I'm still loving this, taking it veryyyy slowly but the puzzles and hints are just about right for me. Theres no nightmare ones which i give up on etc.

One of my top 10 favourite games this year

10. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #170 mzinn, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Same issue here. Bought all & sits at 0%. So frustrating

EDIT-
    I went ahead & deleted it & reinstalled. Now if I restore purchases it rolls up to 100% but then just sits there at 100% but never finishes. Left it up overnight even.

I was on a roll & was looking forward to ep2. Argh!

11. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Are they going to fix the low resolution on iPad 3?

12. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    EDIT-
    Their Facebook page has a response that they are looking into the issue & go to website & provide tech support info to help solve.

13. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere

Same here! Very frustrating! :( Maybe it has something to do with iOS8? I have this problem with my new iPhone 6 ...

14. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    Same problem here. Must be an iOS 8 issue because it worked perfectly on my 5S with iOS7, then when I upgraded (did a clean install) it wouldn't let me download the episodes. Now I have an IP6 and am having the same problem: it either stays at 0% downloading, or goes to 100% and stays there. Also, it frequently says no internet connection when I try to download the episodes even if I have strong wifi & LTE. I hope they fix it soon.

15. Spinete00

Spinete00 New Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Not works with iOS 8!

Im frustrated.... Is still not working from iPhone 5 and iPad Air with iOS 8...
    Always stop at 100% when is downloading but never finish...

:mad:

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Try contacting them via the support address on itunes for this game. I know they are on this thread from time to time but much quicker to contact them directly

17. Spinete00

Spinete00 New Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Yes, I have tried to contact with Ubisoft... By tweeter and with ticket in official support page. But, nobody answer. There anybody playing with iOS 8 to Valiant Hearts?

18. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    So I rolled my firmware back to 7.12 & guess what. All episodes downloaded & can be played with zero issues. So I'll stick to ios7 for now & upgrade again to ios8 after issues are resolved. It's nice to be back in the game. It really is a brilliant game.

19. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    new problems

Wow, ok so Ubi updates the game today fixing our store/episode download problem, now it automatically changes resolution to HD mode or something so I can't play it on my IP6. I can only see a portion of the screen and the graphics are all very big. Anyone else seeing this too?

20. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Same here with iP6+ ... this update is a bad joke! Do they have any beta tester? :mad: