Vampire Origins: New Screenshots and Updated Video

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by theone1007, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamsm

adamsm Active Member

May 4, 2009
    WOW!

This game looks really nice. I'll buy it!

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Way to embarrass yourself in a single post.

3. jaikben

jaikben Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    #63 jaikben, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
    WOW your guys are dummer then I thought ( or younger ) once again use search -> this topic will come up:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=8261&highlight=Vampire+Origins&page=2

Look at the post from chillingo it stated its pre rendered so who is dumb lol, next time user your brains instead of your d**k

edit:

for the people who can't click on the link the qoute:

Just spotted this thread -- we can confirm that this game trilogy is not connected to iDracula.

Vampire Origins is a definitive vampire slayer game – a horror trilogy – 3 unique tense point-and-click adventure games comprising beautiful pre-rendered environments and characters. The first game entitled ‘Vampire Origins’ to be followed up by ‘Curse of the Vampire’ and ‘Return of the Nosferatu’ (working titles).

4. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I have to say that these screens look nothing like a point-and-click adventure, but rather like action adventure. There is no combat in P&C adventures. Hopefully, these fights aren't cutscenes.

5. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    The plot thickens, this game may well not be what we all think it is...

I'm not sure the use of the word dick is appropriate as it would be difficult to prove in any way that named appendice has been used. I understand it may be difficult to always find the best word to describe one's emotions and feelings about a specific post or its author, but the use of genitalia is neither appropriate nor effective. Not getting too emotional, or dealing with ones emotions elsewhere than on the forum, benefits the individual as much as these forums.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    The technical dicussion aside, I belive these screenshots represent a high quality of artwork for a moblie game. How this artwork will translate into the finished game only time will tell, but so far I like it :)

7. jaikben

Apr 8, 2009

lol

D**K :)

8. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    :D The weather was tripe in the UK this morning, all my posts have been a bit "mellow"! I hope nobody takes my posts seriously, and not just today! ;)

9. jaikben

Apr 8, 2009

Nope, i didn;t I even liked the post

10. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    No iPhone game can look like that. Unless it's just a rendered screenshot. Chillingo did say it was point and click but the screenshots definately don't look like it.

I can say that the graphics on the screenshots won't be on the iPod. Those graphics are superior to Oblivion lol.

11. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I would be highly impressed if those are the same graphics to be used on the iPod.

12. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    #72 theone1007, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
    I heard that this game was coming out towards the end of May if not early June. From what I read somewhere, few weeks or so was the time frame. I guess we'll see when this game comes out because so many people are skeptical right now.

And @jaikben
    Sorry about my flaming post. Apologized. I feel really dumb now. :)

13. joni99

joni99 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    look like a PS2 game

14. monteboyd

monteboyd Well-Known Member

The screenshots don't look like what you'd get in a pre-rendered game, however they look like they have bump-mapping which the iPhone/iPod Touch is definitely not capable of.

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Actually, there have been P&C adventure games with short combat and/or action sequences. Rise of the Dragon, for instance, had a sequence towards the end that was basically a side scrolling platform/shooter level, and it did have sequences that had gallery shooting gameplay. And Konami's Hideo Kojima had two P&C adventures that had action sequences as well (Snatcher and Policenauts both had light gun/gallery gun shooting sequences).

So it's definitely possible.

Actually...they do look like what you'd get in a pre-rendered game. Bump mapping, etc. can't be done in real time on iTouch/Phone, as you stated, but by pre-rendering the backgrounds they can have that sort of stuff as the iTouch/Phone wouldn't be rendering anything in real time.

16. Fosters11

Fosters11 Member

May 8, 2009
    Yeah some of the camera angles (such as the birds eye view thing) look like they are pre-scripted so maybe it's more of a devil may cry style affair? This would allow for pre-rendered backdrops.

17. monteboyd

monteboyd Well-Known Member

The strange thing is, there is bump-mapping but no anti-aliasing. If it is pre-rendered why aren't the backdrops anti-aliased as well? I was referring to bump-mapping not being possible in real time, obviously any effect is possible with pre-rendered backdrops.

18. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Might be that the backdrops were rendered originally at different resolutions from the iTouch/Phone native resolution, so the scaling might have something to do with it.

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Know what, even if the game does look this good it won't matter if it animates slowly and clumsily like Cops and Robbers, or has a terrible framerate like Terminator Salvation.

On the other hand if they get this right then they're set for 3 games.

Jeez we need video.

20. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    OK, I stand corrected, but most of the screenshots so far feature combat. Wouldn't it be quite misleading to show primarily such pictures if it is only a short part of the whole game? My guess and hope is that it is a an action adventure with strong puzzle element and that the Chillingo rep misspoke. Or that he wanted to stress that puzzle element is extensive, unlike most modern action adventures.