iPad Vector (Nekki Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Nov 2, 2012.

1. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #21 russiaone, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    I saw this post too late. +1

As someone above mentioned, signing out of Game Center is the way to go if you're having craaaaaaaashing issues. Game is pretty dope. And I actually think the music is pretty offensive. Looping sucks.

2. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    ...I'll wait

3. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #23 russiaone, Nov 3, 2012
    Game needs polish. The front-end, anyway.

Crashing, no auto-screen rotation or custom soundtracks for a game that can only benefit from this option.

And frame rate drops that really mess up momentum. Comes out of nowhere. On 4S, at least.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No crashes and the game does have auto-screen rotation (flip, anyways)...not sure why peeps are having so many issues with the game.

5. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #25 russiaone, Nov 3, 2012

Interesting. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Alright, these are my last impressions.

I love this game.

Though the music good, the looping is grating. Having to turn it off was a bummer. But not having the option of custom tunes is even more of one.

That being said, besides sometimes iffy movement inputs and slowdown when inside (iPhone 4S) this one is too too too addictive.

I love the graphics style. And I love how fluid everything is- it's dazzling to see parkour this realistic in an iOS app- hell, any app.

Wish there were more story bits, but whatever.

99 cents for this is an appsolute steal.

Also, if you don't like trial and error gameplay stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away.

6. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep - no issues with my 4S or iPad2 - very, very good. Need to properly memorise the levels via trial and error. I really really like this.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The game is very addictive and very fun to play. Looks like it worked it's way up from the Zombie Parkour Runner formula, and the devs did a pretty good job with the gameplay and animations.

As i've mentioned on my first impressions, the game doesnt have the best soundtrack and comes a bit short on that, and the Game Center crashes are a big problem. Im sure there will be a lot of 1-star review on the appstore because of that, so i hope the devs do something about it quick before they lose any attention.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The game is very addictive and very fun to play. Looks like it worked it's way up from the Zombie Parkour Runner formula, and the devs did a pretty good job with the gameplay and animations.

As i've mentioned on my first impressions, the game doesnt have the best soundtrack and comes a bit short on that, and the Game Center crashes are a big problem. Im sure there will be a lot of 1-star review on the appstore because of that, so i hope the devs do something about it quick before they lose any attention.

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This looks fantastic, the iAP worries me though. Can you buy single-use boost items via currency?

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dont worry about IAP... you dont need it EVER. Im not even sure why you'd want to use the consumable items in this game, as they are more of a panic button if you made mistakes during your runs.

But yes, the consumables can be bought with ingame currency.

11. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Loving the game. Hopefully they'll all an endless mode

12. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    For me iPad3 iOS6 doesn't crash at all (with gamecenter on). Overall i like a lot the game till now but i have to play more for better opinion.

13. Biggavelli

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    I just bought this game and it crashes
    I deleted and reinstalled it it crashes
    I put it on airplane mode and it crashes
    :mad::mad::(

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm disappointed a game called 'Vector' doesnt feature vector graphics ! (My favourite type !)

From the screenshots must admit it doesnt look bad

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Gameplay-wise it is fantastic though.

But the crashes for others need to stop. Unless the devs fix it, nobody would give a damn about their game which should have been a great addition to anyone's library. IF IT WORKS FOR THEM.

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I have to say, it would have been nice at least to hear from a dev that they're aware of the issues and are working on a fix. As it is, I don't even know whether to keep the app on my device or just delete it and write it off as "one of those things."

17. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=163717][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163443][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163111][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163728][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=163714][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163775][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163413][​IMG][/thread] [thread=163720][​IMG][/thread] [thread=164155][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]VECTOR FOR IPHONE[/size]
    is a nominee for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    31/10/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to be the exceptional freerunner who wont be held down by the system?

[size=+3][thread=164002]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]
    - Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Poll close
    11-07-2012 at 06:32 PM

18. plasticcow

plasticcow Active Member

Definitely worth a look.

I've had one crash on startup but I'm not using Game Centre and I'm using an iPhone build on my iPad because I'm too tight to pay £1.99 for a sideways runner especially when its not a universal build ;)

A couple of things it needs for me, an endless mode and a universal build.
    And of course to fix the crashing problem others are experiencing.

Having said that its still become my favourite runner above canabalt.

I noticed there's no dev feedback on this post at all so I've emailed the devs about it and hopefully they will respond with some news on fixes.

19. Biggavelli

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    This game just got a update
    Update=crash
    EPIC FAILURE

20. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    No serious crash issues for me. For anyone else not experiencing crashes, do NOT download the update. Cash pickup value went from 50 to 10. Making it take serious amounts of grinding or a forced IAP to actually unlock the store content.
    So, yes, epic failure.
    The worst part about this is that I'm actually really enjoying this and it seems like the developer doesn't care if the game is broken for a lot of people and seems intent on making the experience less enjoyable for people it does work for.

$.99 was a steal for this game ( assuming it works on your device ). I'd have rather paid more instead of having a game structure that makes hours of grinding or purchasing smurf berries the only way to get unlocks. That seems to be what the new update is all about.... Mmmm.... Smurfberries.