iPad Vector (Nekki Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Nov 2, 2012.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I guess my worries about the consumable iAP were not unfounded. Shocking, isn't it?

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Just tried the update, still crashes just as before. So instead of a fix they managed to break the game for more people and add a push into IAP? Time to rate one star and delete I guess.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm really glad I rage-deleted this yesterday because of how grating the music was (yeah, I know...stupid reasoning, but what can you do?). Seems like the update is a real stinker.

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    P*sh - enjoyed it before that and went and updated before reading here. Bye bye Vector.

5. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    I wonder if it's the leader board integration; that's the thing that tries to load before the crash-burn. Looks way too slick to not play, despite the Game Center bug.

This brings me waaaaay back to the PC gaming days of yore, where one had to cross their fingers every time they booted a game up, in the hope that the OS wouldn't re-format the hard drive....

6. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Aaaaaaaagh what a fail. Read the first page and saw the positive impressions. Only now with all the crashing (6.0.1, iPad 3.) do I realise what a mistake that purchase was!

Disappointing than rather than fix the game, they've added a push for IAP.

Delete and 1 star it is.

7. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Maniacfive next time read more than just the first page ( @ least skim the first few pages) would of saved you money and aggravation.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I have to admit, this is one of the best games i've played the week it came out, then i ended up giving it 2 stars becuase of the update. And yes, i've deleted it. I updated when i saw the update, and realized right away how awful the redux in coins earning was.

For something I loved and been pushing for other people to play and later on f**k it up, i am highly disappointed. F*** you Nekki.

9. The part about 100+ parkour moves alone was enough to get my excitement up, but these last comments really ruined it for me. Shame when a game's potential is washed away by the developer's neglect.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^No... not neglect... GREED.

I imagine the devs go... "oh noes! they're beating our game without spending money off IAPs! We have to drop their coin gain to 1/5th so they buy IAP!"

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Ignorance is bliss. Like, totally.

12. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    CEO of Tinker Games
    Bandung
    Yes!!! Parkour game!!!

13. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Put the vid on the front post

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Somehow just came across this game -- probably ignored it when it was released due to the lack of 3GS support. And, yes, now found it on the "other side" with my Nexus 7 and have to say I'm was totally in love with this game from what I've played so far.

Then searched for this and found out about the IAP push on the iOS. Haven't run into that concern so far on Android, but time will tell. Surprised that the reviews on the App Store still seem positive.

Came to post simply because I didn't remember seeing it here. Hope the IAPs aren't as required on the Android version. Really ashame if they ruined the game. It seems like it's got a great thing going for it. One of the best side-scrolling runners I've played in a while. Alas, now I'm a bit more concerned reading this thread.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It is one of the best, I agree. But for those of us who played this on iOS pre-shitty-update, the new version is just greedy and selfish. My initial review gave it 5-stars. Dropped it to 3. I may have been harsh on this, but this now forces you to replay mindlessly, and this isnt a random-segment-generating kinda game. It's got fixed levels, and we know that when one is done with their objectives on these fixed levels, replaying it for a few more coins is a total bore.

16. f.skoda

f.skoda Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Maybe iOS is different. On Android, I get bonus coins of 100, 150 and 250 for each star. This is doubled in the bonus levels.

In second world, increase to 150, 250, 400. Double again in bonus level.

17. staffordling

staffordling Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Best 2d game ever!

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Er... no. To you maybe :D

Pokemon
    Chrono Trigger
    Contra
    Classic FF's
    Seiken Densetsu 3
    etc, etc, etc.

and a few iOS titles:

Plants Vs Zombies
    Punch Quest
    Rayman Run
    Polara
    Battleheart
    Dungelot
    FF1, 2, D
    Ghost Trick
    TWEWY
    Orangepixel games
    Mikey Shorts

ok... imma stop now. I didnt realize i can name tons of great 2D titles off the iOS library :D

19. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Looks cool... I had forgotten about this game. I'll have to pick up the free version first.

20. julian6077

julian6077 Member

Jan 20, 2013
    LOVE THIS GAME! Please make a sequel where when you do a trick you go into slow mo and can attack an enemy. Have a weapon shop and have melee and ranged weapons from knives to missle launchers.