iPhone Vendetta Online by Guild Software, Inc.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 17, 2013.

1. BJB

BJB New Member

Aug 14, 2011
    sorry if this has been covered before, but...

I just bought the game on my iPad.

Is there a way to use my PC to play my character I've developed on the iPad?

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

You should be able to log in with the same account on pc. That's where you'll find your existing character :)

3. BJB

BJB New Member

Aug 14, 2011
    thanks for the reply, but I don't remember ever setting up an account with my iPad... I just made a character name and then jumped in the game.

When I try to download the game on my PC, it requires an account, which I don't think I have created. Tried "forgot password" but there is no account linked to my email.

Of course I don't have my iPad on me right now, so maybe I can figure it out when I have a PC and iPad sitting next to each other.

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I think it asks first if you have an account or if the game should create one for you. I'm sure there's a way to link it to your email adress to use it on your pc. Sorry I can't help you beyond that because i'm waiting for my finals to end before I start my 30 days trial period :)

5. Cromwell

Cromwell Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Selfemployed PC Service technican
    Cologne, Germany
    #165 Cromwell, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Haven't taken the plunge yet (games like this should be well-understood before taking the plunge; actually collecting, reading, and grasping the information has become more difficult for me as I've been led away by the game industry from detailed printed manuals), but ome thing you mentioned grabbed my attention. What advantage do you forsee mobile gamers having? A protable client? I would thing the advantage would lie with the well accessorized PC gamer, for lack of a better term. I't been a long time, but when I played multiplayer flightsims and spacesims, I couldn't see someone playing on a touchscreen device being a match for me, with a larger screen, keyboard shortcuts, and my (IIRC) Thrustmaster Top Gun joystick, which had something like 5 triggers/buttoms, a POV thumbstick and yaw/trim sliders (or whatever you set them to control.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Last question (sorry in advance if it has been answered)... Newtonian physics, "dogfighter" style physics, or insta-turn and inst-throttle? Or some sort of hybrid?

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    You can switch back and forth between Newtonian and "airplane" style (like GoF and so forth).

9. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Couldn't agree more. If you are going against a PC player with a similiar set up like the one you mentioned then the ipad player will be at a disadvantage.
    So far I've been concentrating on upping my Han Solo skills so direct confrontation has been pretty low. One Pvp and, yes, he shot 1st.

The disadvantage factor will need to be considered by the devs IMO. For $10 a month you want to on level pegging with anyone else if you put the time in.

Either mobile users have different roles, weapons or potential military ranks I'm not too sure.

The dev sounds pretty interested in adjusting the experience when justified :)

10. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Is the game worth it?

11. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Yesh

12. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Any ideas on whether guild members should be the same race. Surely it makes it easier for missions etc.

13. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Got this last night, still in the training section but already quite taken with it, though I'll admit the handling takes some getting used to, especially with the real physics mode enabled (docking in that mode is an adventure all to itself!).

I'm playing a Ithani, Ithransi, Itharni... err the blue logo, in game name is P0tshot.

14. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    The developer has been extremely responsive to comments from gamers and has shown an interest that is admirable. So much, in fact, that they have already released a patch to adress several of those concerns on the IOS platform. If you have a remote interest in this game, it is worth giving it a try and show support the developer.

15. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Aaahh. Kids are down. Ready for tomorrow. Vendetta time :)

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Worth what? A dollar to try? Absolutely. Worth $10/month to play on iPad with a distinct combat disadvantage relative to players on other platforms? You'll have to try it and answer that question for yourself.

17. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Bang on

18. Noblejms

Noblejms Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Hi developers, thank you again for giving us this great game. As an iPad player, I have one complaint that should be very easy to fix. Currently the game is allowed to be played under one orientation, with the earphone hole on the bottom left corner where my left hand holds it with all the fire button and stuff. This is extremely annoying as I played with an earphone.

Is there a way to make it so I can rotate the screen and play with another orientation?

Also, yesterday I was tinkering with the graphic setting and don't remember what the original iPad graphic setting is. Is there a restore to default button somewhere?

Thanks!

19. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Were you on VO asking this 20mins ago? Agreed it's a pain as is

20. Noblejms

Noblejms Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Yes that was indeed me lol.