Universal Venture Kid (by FDG Mobile Games GbR)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Nightxx

Nightxx Active Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Isnt this like copy infringement capcom property. I mean that icon alone is screaming megaman. Some of you would be head and tails if somebody made something that closely resembles a Mario platformer yet you close your eyes and pretend nothing happen when a good developer makes one.

2. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    no mega man has a cannon on his arm he has a gun or light gun in his hand #

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Uh, no.

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    They even pay homage to Mega Man in the description, so no, there's no infringement here.

5. poopguy69

poopguy69 Active Member

Nov 14, 2015
    More impressions:

This game is really well done. I'm on the ice level now. I bought an extra heart for 999 coins, so I have five now.

Mega man 2 is in my top 5, and this totally has the look and feel of that game. I haven't been able to complete any level without dying except for the first one. The game forces you to learn the mechanics and master the levels/bosses before you can succeed. I love it. I got the "die 30 times" achievement within the first 40 minutes of play!

However, I'm finding the difficulty curve to be a little uneven. The enemies and platforming sections were pretty tough on the second level (city). But I thought the desert and jungle were much easier. The bosses are all challenging though. Can't wait to finish this up.

Also, I'd love to see an option for scan lines like Slayin had. The image is so crisp in this game, it would be cool to distort it a little bit to give it a retro feel. Just my two cents.

6. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    So is this like Slayin' in the way that it you try to go as far as you can?

7. poopguy69

poopguy69 Active Member

Nov 14, 2015
    No, there are levels that progress in linear order. I've read that there are nine levels.

8. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    No, It's level based.

9. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Yes, nine levels with secret areas to find.

10. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I heard there's an in-game currency - are there unlockables that you can buy with coins earned through gameplay? Or are those unlocked when you find secret areas?

11. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Good old Megaman like game. It's hard though.

12. tomegatherion

tomegatherion New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    I've been trying to find it also. I saw the arrows pointing left and right on the wall. I tried looping around the thing in that sequence and going back and forth. Can't figure it out. Have you found it yet?

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #94 syntheticvoid, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    The second bird that dives at you, jump up on top of the pyramid and hit that switch up there with a boomerang. Inside the pyramid there's an area with a hidden platform (hidden under a stream of lava) and a destroyable rock, use your rocket to break the stone... Other than that, ya just gotta look around. =oP

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Took some time (which I enjoyed), but finally got it using only the base gun and 4 hearts. Just have to get the timing down.

Can't say enough good things about this game.

15. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Awesome! Glad to hear you made it and thanks a lot for the nice feedback. :)

16. JarvisJackrabbit

JarvisJackrabbit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Man, you guys are more patient and talented than I am. I've done everything there is to do in Goblin Sword but Venture Kid is brutal.

The controls are great, but I can't shake the feeling that your character is wider that he should be. In the area in the picture, it took me twelve tries to realize the character actually does fit into the space above him.

I'd really like to stick with the game and play to the end, but I'm not optimistic about being able to do that.

Attached Files:

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOOO!! Just made it to the Jungle... I really didn't think that this game would click with me like it has. I never really got in to Mega Man... I was more a Metroid fanatic. But this... Is a great little action packed platformer. The hidden objects are a great addition as well, and pulled off great here.
    Like Slayin, personally, I feel the buttons are a little far inward on the screen (a little too big), but nothing that hindered me in any way, though, like Slayin, I doubt I'll ever feel completely comfortable with them. I'm thinking of hooking up my MOGA later and checking out how it plays with a controller.
    But GREAT job on this... If I don't wind up purchasing the doubler (I don't see any reason to, I got the weapon thing for 500, a projectile refill bag and 4 extra hearts already at the 4th stage... I can't see myself needing more than what you're given in-game, especially since there's no penalty for death/continuing), I'll definitely get a gem pack, just to give the devs/publisher a couple more bucks. $0.99 for this is INSANITY.

18. tex32

tex32 Active Member

May 9, 2013
    The more I play, the better it gets. We gotta support this Dev through IAP so perhaps there's a sequel!!!

19. This game is so good. Great work dev. Closest thing to an NES game on the App Store. So fun. And the swipe to switch weapons was a great idea. Love the difficulty, can't wait to beat it and find all the secrets.