iPad Vincere Totus Astrum - To Conquer All Stars

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kisguri, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Kisguri

Kisguri Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Your right STYJ, I failed to do that, in response the Dev'orn Commander of this sector has sent you a message...

[​IMG]

"Human, The one you called Kisguri has been sent to a Pain center for a duration of 2 cycles, Once the cycles are over we release him, Should he survive.. He shall not fail you again..."

2. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Sucker :p

Haha ! xD

No offence taken ? :)

3. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Couldn't help myself to a parody!!! :D

4. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #104 gunxsword, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
    Impressions:

NOT REVIEWING!!!
    holding off all comments about the current state of the game
    you can tell that I am kinda p***ed right
    just gonna wait for the update... and everything will be just fine...

5. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Um what? You act like the game is completely unplayable, which is so far from true...

6. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    TBH with you guys , I have yet to try the game . Lol .

Mainly because of 2 reasons ,

1) I am currently having exams and I don't have the time to learn how to play a new game .
    2) I want to start this game after the bugs have been ironed out , so I'll get an awesome first time experience :)

7. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    That's the point I was trying to make.
    Not saying that the game is unplayable, it's just that if I were to review/impression the game in its current state... Look, I don't want to criticize this game ok?

Not enough 4x games on iPhone, especially ones like this. Ascendency is probably too old and traditional for me so this is pretty much the only 4x strategy game I'll enjoy. AND I WILL ENJOY IT!!!

8. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Well , I couldn't resist it . But I got stuck D: Lol .

Initial impressions ,

1) I'm not gonna repeat whatever else said about scrolling .
    2) I think the game needs a better help system . I mean , reading the help section doesn't really help when I don't get what it's trying to explain . Why not create a tutorial level where you show us progressively the different features of the game in a bot friendly match ?

9. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    We are going to work on some sort of tutorial mode.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Kisguri, any news as to when the update will become available? I'm checking the App Store but I don't see it become available. Thanks.

11. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Hey Guys,

Indeed great question, Got a e-mail this morning let me know it's in review! So hopefully today!

12. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Don't apple review a game/update for like a whole week before releasing it?

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    No, it's usually held for that long because there is a waiting line of other games in review. When it's being reviewed it usually take a day or two depending on what the update contains, bugfixes are approved much faster than new content

14. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Good to know :D. Hopefully the update will be out after I get back from school!

15. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    The update is out, Don't know how long it will take for it to hit various areas of the globe but it went live this morning! One issue I have to mention is the scrolling of the galaxy map, if you just every so slightly and slowly attempt to drag it you will see the screen jump everywhere. This is a bug in the tool I am using to make the game, We have a trouble ticket into apple about it. Here is a summary of the fixes....

"The update includes several fixes and additions! The coolest of which is the ability to determine what a planet does when you select auto, find the Set Auto button under planet and select one of the options like revenue or ships, when you press auto this planet will conduct it automatically.

-Missing enemy empire bug fixed
    -Fixed negative research totals bug
    -Added surrender button under info
    -Added Fast forward button at end of battle
    -Added menu for selecting what a planet in your empire does when you select auto!

If you own a 3g device we have had issue with memory over usage shutting the game down We are working on providing a fix to this as well as aactual i-pad non scaled version of the game, We appreciate your patience! Thank you to everyone for their input and we will continue to update the game!"

Happy Conquering

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The jumping isn't too bad. I only saw it because the post mentioned it. You have to move just a tiny amount, and if you keep your finger still the map with start scrolling on it's own but again I didn't see it in normal playing.

17. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    #117 gelas_plastik, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    question: I'm a fan of Galactic Civilization II (never had chances to play SoaSe). Does this game any close to GCII?

edited: nevermind .. can't help myself .. bought it and hopefully it wont be like other games that I bought but can only hook me for not more than 15 minutes ..

18. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    gelas_plastik

Thanks for the order, PLEASE let me know what we can do to improve the game! Hope you enjoy it!

19. gelas_plastik

Oct 5, 2009
    #119 gelas_plastik, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    err .. I'm on the game right now .. err, how do access the info? all I see in the screen is bunch of planet, and when I click one of them (I just assume that it's mine), I were given three options .. deploy, shipyard and planet ..

hmm .. how do I get back to main menu? I skipped the tutorial earlier, but now I think I really need to go through that first :D, but it seems that there is no way for me to go back to main menu?

thanks ..

Edited:

The button reappear after attacking neighbour planet ..

I know now why the EMPIRE button gone .. what I did was, click the Empire button, goto Info, then I click Main Menu, then I click No .. when it goes back to the main game screen, the EMPIRE button is no longer there ..

thanks ..

20. gelas_plastik

Oct 5, 2009
    hmm .. been into the games for 15 minutes, I think there are certain bugs that preventing me to enjoy this game ..

1) inconsistence behaviour of EMPIRE button (refer to my prev post)

2) ok .. it's a bit difficult for me to explain this, but I'll try my best .. let me know if you can't understand it .. basically, I have two planets .. so, what I did, I tried to attack an enemy planet .. fine .. then, suddenly am not sure what happened, one of my planet has fall down to the enemy .. ok fine .. so I click to my remaining planet, command it to build more ship .. what happened then is there sort of STAR icon in the middle of the planet, and I have two buttons, NEXT and EMPIRE .. clicking NEXT giving me message 'Looking next available colony', clicking EMPIRE giving me the normal menu (INFO, SAVE, AUTO) .. it seems that I'm stuck here .. so the only way out is to click INFO button, play around with the menu inside and go back to main screen .. ok, it does go back to main game screen, but now the EMPIRE button is gone again, and the game seems to ignore my previous command (build ship) .. aghh!! I mean .. sorry to say this, I've been only 15 minutes into this game, but now it seems to me the behaviour of the menu and UI flow seems a bit too trivial and buggy for me to enjoy this game ..

I would expect and END TURN button at least in this situation, a plain but very simple button that should always appear during the player turn ..

3. General comments: presentation (Graphics and sounds) .. I don't mind about about absence of retina, but graphics could be better ..

also, absent of sound during battle sequence made it a bit boring and so not interesting ..

also I would suggest to have fast forward button during battle, and auto battle mode ..

Thanks .. that is my comment so far .. I can't continue playing at this moment, so am waiting for the bugfixes first ..