Universal Vintage Game Shop (by Ludoscience)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by drludos, Apr 27, 2017.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I like the look of this. I'll give it a shot!

2. Unoriginal

Unoriginal Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Seems fun so far, but are the adds not working at all for anyone else?

3. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Fun game..
    And Funny to see that all the people who complained about "Stealing" "Copyright"
    are quiet now, after he explained the process..

Guess people now these days are judging way too fast about people, without even looking at the Credits of the game.
    Thanks to those kind of people, they can tear you virtually apart.
    Pretty sad now these days..

I had the same problem recently with an Ad company, where somehow hacked my game and starting making Ad revenue under a different name.. I was blamed for it, and I showed them proof that it wasn't the case, since i never had implemented ads from them in my App before.. So now there is a lawsuit going on, against the people who did do it.

Just my 2 cents.

4. drludos

drludos Member

Apr 27, 2017
  5. tinynit

tinynit New Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Same here :/

That aside - enjoying the game, enjoying the history, cool little game.

6. 840Seconds

840Seconds New Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Can't seem to negotiate prices down to a profitable number. Most purchases are netting me only a couple dollars or breaking even. This is even after using the "expert" to get an accurate price.

Definitely enjoying the retro nostalgia and snippets of info, but not really enjoying the gameplay.

7. drludos

drludos Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks again everyone for the feedback - it's very useful to work on a sequel / improved version of the gameplay. And I'm glad you enjoy the history / trivia side of the game, as videogame history is a passion of mine that I wanted to share through this game :).

It seems that the game difficulty ramps up a bit quickly, sorry about that. Here are some tips to help you get some better deals:

- The first key is to find the "lowest price" each customer will accept for negotiation. To start, throw them a couple of low offers (but still realistic, you can't offer 20$ for an arcade game) until they offer you a counter-offer: it means that they won't accept your price, but that you've reached their "lowest-price" threshold and that they are open to accept any price above that amount.

- Then, during negotiation, if you make slight increase of only one or two dollars at a time, the customer will more likely decrease his/her price for a couple of dollars only too. So instead of raising your offer of 2 dollars three times in a row, it's better to increase it only once of 6$: seeing that you'll increase your offer highly, the customer will be more likely to decrease his/her price as you seems like a reasonable buyer.

- Most customers comes with way-too-high prices in mind (much like in real life...), usually higher than the real resell price of the item. So, don't be afraid to low ball'em on your first offer to try to identify their "lowest acceptable offer". (I think this is what makes the game too hard)

- Most of the time, you can net from 30% to 60% of the buying price when reselling any item, if you manage to negotiate the buying price down enough. But some customers are way over the top regarding their selling price, so sometimes you'll have to let go some items (don't worry, another customer will come to the shop later to sell it to you, hopefully with more reasonable prices)

I hope that helps, don't hesitate to let me know if you'd like more tips! :)

8. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Ads have been down for weeks here too. Any reason why that stopped?

Was an entertaining diversion for a while at least.

9. drludos

drludos Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Hi, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
    It seems that the ads were not showing: after modifying some parameters and update the ad service SDK, it seems fixed now.

Also, someone in the review reported a bug preventing him to start the game ("start button" not working), this issue is fixed too.

I've just rolled out an update today that fixes these two problems. It's now live on the App Store.

Thanks a lot everyone for your feedback!

10. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I appreciate you looking into it! But I'm still getting a message saying ads are unavailable in my current save.

11. drludos

drludos Member

Apr 27, 2017
    @L0ck: Thanks for reporting it back to me!
    May I ask you what country do you like in, and what device do you use to play?

And if you try to ask for an ad 2 or 3 times in a row (by tapping the button 2 or 3 times), do you still get the error message every time, or does an ad finally display?

12. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I'm in Japan, and no matter how many times I try requesting an ad I have the issue.

Sorry for the late reply!

13. drludos

drludos Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

As the ads are working fine for me, I guess it's simply a "fill rate" issue: the ad network I use doesn't have any ad to display. I'm very sorry for this problem, it looks like I should start looking into another ad network who can deliver ads worldwide.

14. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    At the very least I do appreciate your effort!

15. johnkittz

johnkittz Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2017
    I'm actually loving this game so far! The only problem I have is that it's free I reallly wish this was a paid game around $0.99 or $2.99

16. drludos

drludos Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks a lot for your feedback, I'm glad you enjoy the game :)!

Regarding pricing, out of curiosity, if the game was a paid one as you suggest, would you expect it to have more features, or does the game in its current state looks like it could be a paid game?