Vixes $1.99 -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Afftor, Jan 6, 2013.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    LMAO

Well, I'm actually not a kid, quite the opposite of what my username suggests... Made that part up of the username when I was a kid, been using it ever since. :p

Dunno why I explained all that. Perhaps because I'm bored. And it's foggy outside.

2. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    Funny as that may be, but my username also originates in childhood, as well as maybe half guys around here. )

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    The app gets pretty sexist one you get to the dream sorting part. Certain items are for boys only, and certain ones for girls. If your child wants to sort things differently, tough beans! That part of the story could certainly use improvement.

4. Yeah, I agree, cars and tennis racquets for the boys, and dolls and flowers for the girls sounds a little derogatory. But my female friends that played with me from posts earlier, really digged the game. Good date game I suppose, or party game on hdmi. Kids will love it even more.

5. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    Yes, I've heard some people saying that in game comments as well.

Actually, when we were designing this piece with sorting, it never occurred to us that it might be considered sexist. Basically went with direct - "toy car / barbie" approach.
    But I guess really could think of something else and change the scene in next update or so. ))

6. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer