Waking Mars By Tiger Style

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by goiMot, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I can confirm that the character's animations have been improved drastically since that gameplay trailer. Definitely.

Besides that, the plant life and the bugs are amazingly detailed. You can tell after playing the game for a few minutes, that a ton of effort has been put into the game. It may not be the sequel to Spider but, this game is up there in terms of quality and level of awesomeness!

I am very impressed by Tiger Style Games and I think this is exactly what I expected in terms of quality from them. Of course the video is lacking in certain areas! That video came out a long time ago! Waking Mars has improved immensely from the video trailer that you see in the OP!

2. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Coolio^.It seemed an obvious observation, & the vid not be the whole story but totally worth nailing the responsiveness of the animation! Even fifa10 does a mostly fine job (mostly) of animation-transitions/interruptions at least imo :)

I definitely prefer games that go beyond forcing "x1 feedback system eg hi-score only" to the player gauging their own form of progress... Waking Mars looks like it could be the latter. Sweet.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow. A lot of detail and polish in the game! I'm loving the exploring, it's not as boring as in S&S as you actually have to do something and not just tap and wait! You guide the jetpack around with your finger so you'll always do something! Also, I'm stuck with those worm plants and I have to water something, where do I shoot the water?

4. David Tiger

David Tiger Well-Known Member

Submitted to Apple late last night!! We are pretty excited :)

Here's a little sample screenshot from the final game. Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

5. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    That looks incredible!

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This game is awesome, but I somehow don't like the icon :p The icon is good, but the colors annoy me :p

7. David Tiger

Hopefully the icon "annoys you" into pressing it and playing the game :)

Icons are hard, and man, we waited too long -- it was the last thing we finished before submitting! But we're happy with it.

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah I know, especially with this game, I can't actually come up with a better icon myself. I think the color of the suit and the blue glow is the thing I don't like about it, but on the other hand - it does stand out.

9. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    I'm a stickler for neat icons too! But have not seen Waking Mars one yet.

^Screenshot: V v atmospheric! (pun intended!) - hues of color are really neat - I'd say you guys have really earnt your stripes (visuals). :)

10. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    whoaaa

I didn't know it was getting submitted already.

11. David Tiger

12. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This looks incredible!

13. David Tiger

Still working on the trailer, but in the meantime, I can post some more screens :)

[​IMG]

14. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    This game looks really, really good. I can't believe I haven't heard anything about it before now. I am certainly looking forward to its release! :)

15. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Screenshot looks pretty damn good!

16. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    And the game is EXTREMELY good! :)

17. David Tiger

Just got through Apple's review process, so we are DEFINITELY going live on March 1. Huzzah!

Will have a trailer to share with you guys real, real soon.

18. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Huzzah indeed! I'm looking forward to it.:)

19. David Tiger

Our trailer and website are now live!

Check it out:

wakingmars.com

Let us know what you think! We're on sale March 1 (so I guess for the USA that means 11pm EST TOMORROW NIGHT, not sure about the rest of the world).