Universal Walking Dead: The Game - Season 2 by Telltale

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Rafa6571

Rafa6571 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    This supports ICloud? Does it save my progress so I can keep playing on my two IDevices?

2. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Man oh man I missed this. Can't wait to get off work to play!

3. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    No luck. Guess I'll have to start with the random history.

4. graffekta

graffekta Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    London
    Can you only choose random history? Or does it do a quiz to select what your previous choices could have been ala Mass Effect 2 on PS3?

5. MegaManX4

MegaManX4 New Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Hi,

Even though i left TWD Season 1 on my ipad to save my progress, but TWD S2 does not recognize my savegame. This is also with the ipad of my girlfriend. Anyone else has this problem?

6. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I played on my iPad4, and I am surprised it lags on my iPad4.

7. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Xmas has come early what with this and San Andreas eating up all my free time! Luckily all I've got is free time!

8. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Yes oh yes!

9. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Omg it's really out! I know that choices you made in season 1 and 400 days would affect the gameplay. But they are two separated apps. How does this work?

10. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The season two app is meant to scan your device for a save file from the season one game but it seems like it isn't working as well as it should.

11. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Same here...deleted my old one and didn't know it didn't save to cloud. FAIL!!

Spoilers:
    Did anyone take the watch? I didn't coz I didn't think it was useful or I'll get in trouble later on. Should I have?

12. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Guys I haven't played the first one!
    Should I play the first one first or just jump onto this one!
    Will I miss something??

13. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I haven't played this second one yet but it sounds like the first season has quite a lot of influence on this game.
    Although I do recall telltale saying that they wanted to make the game so that it carried on for season one players but also would be playable for new customers.
    Either way I think if you are interested in this one then you should definitely buy the first one anyway because it's amazing!

14. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    It follows the story of one of the main characters from Season 1. Granted, the story from season 1 has ended, but there are flashbacks in the beginning of Season 2 to help you. I think if u haven't played 1 you don't have the same type of emotional attachment to the character as you would had you played it.

15. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Hey guys, I'd appreciate some assistance with this:

I've deleted the game from my device, however, before I did so I backed up everything in the app - saves and whatnot. If I download the app again, restore those saves will they carry over to TWD 2? Anyone know?

16. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I don't think I've ever been so sure of my convictions with anything else over this when I say please don't play this first!

The first series was an absolute roller coaster of emotions and I cannot express how much I adore it. To think that you could have some of the major twists spoiled just makes me feel sad. Hopefully they put the original on sale so you can pick that up first, just make sure you backup your save or leave it on the device for the second season!

17. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I've just put my headphones on and I'm ready to start the new adventure ;) greetz 2 all TWD lovers!

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #38 JBRUU, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    Finished it last night. It's everything you wanted in season 2: playing as Clem feels different; you're forced to be manipulative as opposed to getting physical when necessary, and you feel Clem's vulnerability so well throughout the entire game. The plot is, as of now, more of a meandering attraction. This episode's essentially a character study of Clem herself, or rather, who you decide she is. There are some truly wicked dialogue options here.

Interestingly, apart from the scene in Season 1 where you had to chop someone's leg off slowly with an axe and perhaps the whole cannibal themes in episode 2, I never felt overly taken aback with the violence in the game. Season 2 really changed this, with one scene in particular involving a dog making me quite uncomfortable. There's also a very cringeworthy and gruesomely realistic scene in which you stitch up a gaping wound - this is all compounded by the fact that you're playing as a young girl. It's still in good taste, but not for the weak of stomach. I do appreciate that they toned down the overall gruesomeness of Clem's death scenes as opposed to Lee's if you fail a QTE.

Oh, and the framerate is noticeably improved over S1 on my iPad 4. I noticed perhaps two minor framerate drops, but no transitional freezes or slowdowns in heavy action like past Telltale games. Sweet that they included console visuals, too. The resolution is also noticeably higher than gameplay I've seen - but that might just be video compression.

19. jim2011

jim2011 Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Anyone try it on a retina ipad mini or ipad air yet? Trying to decide between the ios or ps3 version

20. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Do you know how the save thing works, then? How do I ensure they carry over from S1?