Universal Walking Dead: The Game - Season 2 by Telltale

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Dec 18, 2013.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It scans your device for S1 and picks up on the most completed save file there. If you don't have one then it creates a save file for you with randomly generated choices.

2. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Thanks! Reinstalling TWD S1 and dropping my backed up saves into the Documents directory worked. After I began playing it imported them.

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    No but I've played the first season on ps3 and ipad air and thought that it looked better on the ipad. It's also more personable on the ipad.

4. coderkid

Nov 5, 2010
    Geez, is the game torturing Clementine for the sake of it?

5. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    I'm lagging. Completed episode 3 last night, got episode 4 - and will d/l the 5th on Thursday. So, question:

Can I delete old episodes that have been completed? How does it work?

6. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yes, you can delete episodes once you have completed them without affecting your game save. (apart from episode one obviously, as it is built into the app)

7. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
  8. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Cloud saving or lack there of :(

This may be a stupid question, because it has already been answered, not because the question it self is stupid. But, WHY DOES THIS GAME NOT SUPPORT CLOULD SAVING!!!!!????? If I had to choose one game that needed to use it, it would be this one. Who just leaves these massive games on their device when they are done playing them? Is it really that hard to implement? As you can probably tell I'm a little aggravated by this. I just did a factory reset on my iPad mini, at the request from Apple support, to try and fix my iOS 7 problem and I just found out that I also have to start over on The Wolf Among Us. This wouldn't be that big of a deal because it is fun to play but, I had already played through 3 different times making different choices each time.... WHY WHY WHY not use iCloud?

9. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Omg yes I just got it!! It's downloading now can't wait :D. I only got past episode 1 in season 1 but I know how it ended and stuff.

10. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    But why???

11. AvengerTime

AvengerTime New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I've already finished it best one so far.

12. coderkid

Nov 5, 2010
    You can just backup the Documents folder for each app to your machine.

13. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Like the first one I'm going to wait until all parts are out so I can play it all the way thru without having to wait for ages for the next part it come out. Same with wolf among us.

14. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Which is why I respect the guys who did Warhammer Quest more and more because they implemented iCloud seamlessly. No manual backing of saves, etc. You delete the game, and when you reinstall it a couple months after everything is sti there the way you left it - it just works.

15. hippiesrlame

hippiesrlame Active Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Game itself is awesome but runs like piss on my iPad Air, which is very disappointing.

16. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Game is a lot of fun, but on my iTouch 5 it lags during the cool scenes. Like where a gun is fired to kill someone or during any combat scenes. It's really annoying, still gets 5 stars for me and is for sure in my GOTY nomination list.

17. TREE_exorcist

TREE_exorcist Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Guys just asking,
    Will this, by any chance, work on the Iphone 4?
    Because i've finished TWD season 1 on the 4 without lag, and I wanna see Clem again. hehe

18. laniparis

laniparis New Member

Feb 21, 2013
    I cried like anything playing episode one. Poor Clem. I had two freezes at the end of the game but otherwise it played perfectly on my iphone 5.

19. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Yet another here who hasn't bought this due to the lack of iCloud. Not out of protest or anything - it's just I played through the first one twice but the game is HUGE and I needed the space a long time ago. So I won't get this until I play through the original again so I have a save to continue.

It's kind of nuts that there wasn't some feature, iCloud or otherwise, that allows people to continue without having to leave the whole first game on their device. From the sounds of it, I'm certainly not alone and that means it is costing them sales.

20. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    As someone who's been playing video games for 30+ years and generally likes them violent and emotional, the suture scene in episode 1 affected me unlike anything I can remember in a long time. Had me totally feeling for Clem and cringing the whole time. Outstanding writing.