Universal War of Crown (by GAMEVIL Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PROAPK, Apr 26, 2017.

1. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    This same old lame argument against FTP is so 2014... Hurry up and update so you can take my money!

2. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    This game is very similar to a fantasy war.. Something like fft but much much simplified and automated. I think there's a similar game which recently came out. What I like about this is the implementation of auto for every thing Hahaha. It makes things move faster which is perfect for mobile game.
    Gonna give this game a try.

3. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    #23 Artfoundry, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    I'm seeing the same text bubble problem. But more importantly, is anyone else experiencing major lag? Every action that involves communicating with the server (which is most of the game, including every move in battle) takes three seconds! Makes battles so slow...

[update] ugh never mind, it was either my phone or my Wi-Fi acting up. After switching to cellular and then back to Wi-Fi, the lag is gone now.

4. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Yeah some text inside the bubble got truncated.. Happens during the beginning later on the text resized by itself to fit into the bubble..
    Not a game stopper IMHO. Currently I haven't encountered any lagging.

5. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    My only gripe with the game so far is that there is "free" premium currency (earned through achievements and missions) and bought premium currency. It's the same exact currency but it's obtained differently. The shop has things that you cannot purchase with "free" premium currency. Feels very greedy to me.

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    As long as Gamevil didn't worsen their monetisation, based on Spirit Stones, Dungeon Link and Dragon Blaze, i can say that their freemium aspect is far from horrible. If you put in the time and genuinely like the games, you can earn premium currency moderately.
    Personally, i spent less than 50eu on all three games combined, spent them as a thank you because i play them for years, and sure, i can't top 1% but if i try, i can get top 20% for which the rewards are good. Not to mention with every seasonal update they give away awesome freebies.

Gamevil has one of the more agreeable F2P, a far cry from Gameloft and EA. You really can clear all content for free, as long as you dont wanna be the top. I just hope it is the same for this game too.

7. Promachos

Promachos New Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Forced german text

Why oh why do i get german text only in the game? I see no option for language selection...

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I agree with you on that and this game is very good
    It's better than Zenonia in my opinion my point I made back a few posts ago was if this was premium it would be one of the best games on the App Store

9. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Ag3ntP3ndergast Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Does anyone know if this game is difficult or not? I'm hoping it's not too easy.

10. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    My gripe with this game is unequipping needs crystals I hate that

11. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #31 Yanagi, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Game seems particularly easy at first, but I guess as updates pan out that's where the difference will be most noticeable.

12. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    What's the similar game? I love SRPG's

13. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Legacy quests.. Same game play different theme

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i think it's Fantasy War Tactics. But if you want them for SRPGs, better go for something deeper. This game -and its similar, less artworky-brothers are to be on auto fast speed to enjoy the flashiness, not the tactics. Premium SRPGs is where the tactics are.

15. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I agree to an extent. The auto is there to grind out character levels on previous adventure levels but if you want to get all the objectives completed on a level, you can't have auto on. The objectives require more tactics than simply trying to plow your way through and kill all the enemies without dying.

16. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    That was quick. So, in about three hours and fifteen minutes the game will go under maintenance and once it's back up there will be new content (heroes, story progression, etc.) available.

Patch notes can be read here.

17. jjlujan

jjlujan Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Didn't know this one was out! Gotta go download it now!