Universal War of the Zombie - (by Jacques Deul)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    If this is anything like Zombie Gunship but with more strategy, weapons involved. I know that I'm going to love this game. I still have ZG on my iPod.

Is this anything like XCOM. Except 1/10th the price? I'll probably pick this up tonight.

2. mitrida

mitrida New Member

Jun 27, 2013
    I have some question:
    Start with 2 helicopter but i can deploy only one team for day why?
    How can use humvee, kratos and cobra? I dont see option to do this

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Same. I bought a few Humvees and Kratos but don't see a way to use them

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #64 undeadcow, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    It's possible field team vehicles are not yet implemented (similar to Research), but I'm not sure. The developer wants to continue to update based on user feedback. For the price and thrill of real time tactical zombie combat I'm ok with it but parts do seem under developer for that reason.

5. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Will this work on iPod touch 4th gen?

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying the game, but I'm not seeing much tactical zombie combat. All I seem to do is tap and then my team just walks and shoots at everything.

Any tips or pointers?

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Consider unit formation, isolating teams, weapon selection, use of missles, and environmental factors in attack.

8. rael42

rael42 Member

May 16, 2011
    IT
    Midwest US
    #68 rael42, Jun 27, 2013
    I think I'm liking this game but I'm curious how you progress from the "mission debriefing" screen. I played the tutorial mission, selected a conflict zone in range and I've played that mission through to successful conclusion 4 times now and when I get the the mission debriefing screen I can click payments or safeteam to view my accomplishments. Depending on the VIPs I saved I can recruit some doctors or soldiers but that's all I can do. There is a green checkmark at the upper right that does nothing, a "mission déjã vu" button that does nothing and that's about it. I've reset the game several times and every time I finish a mission the same thing.

The payments button seems oddly higher on the screen than the safeteam button. What am I doing wrong here? I'm sure I'll feel dumb when someone points out how to get off this screen but I would like to play more.

So far the real time, street level fighting reminds me of The Last Guy on the PS3 which is not a bad thing. I'm sure I'll split my team and employ some more strategy if I can get to another mission.

Thanks for any help. I may try starting the whole game from scratch or uninstalling / reinstalling. I have an iPad 4 if that helps.

...turns out it was a glitch. Starting a whole new career allowed me to progress past the first actual level. The buttons at the bottom are no longer misaligned.

With more units to choose from the game feels a bit deeper but it is a little wonky on my iPad. Doesn't crash but some things seem off and it's not always clear what I can do next. I'll probably come back to this and concentrate on it a bit more after I finish with X-Com.

9. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Another game that says it'll work on iPad1 then crashes whenever you start it.
    Disappointed :(

10. FivepastTA

FivepastTA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    #70 FivepastTA, Jun 27, 2013
    Well, this is disappointing. Imprecise controls. Bugs (the most annoying of which is that the interface will suddenly become completely unresponsive for no reason). Glitches (tapping to clear a message on the mission map screen will send your soldiers running off to the spot on the map underneath the message you tapped). Features that are incomplete or just plain missing (Research? Nope. Ooh, a Humvee. Guess I can put my little squad in it. Oh, no, I can't). Various other oddities (kill all the zombies before you find all the nukes and you fail the find-the-nukes objective. Do the same on a VIP rescue and you pass the objective. Huh? Walk a soldier near a crate and a UI window pops up every freaking time asking me if I want to take what's in it - and if your whole squad happens to wander near the crate you get same window FOUR TIMES. And why the hell am I having to arm my troops with stuff I scavenge out of boxes anyway? I can buy gunships and stealth bombers but I can't buy a rifle?). Terrible sound (what on earth are those soldiers saying when they're moving or firing? I think one of them says "headshot" but I'll be damned if I can figure out the rest - and whatever it is they're saying they repeat it over and over and over and over). Very few maps (each city is the same map, and it isn't even a whole city - it's about three streets).

I really need to start listening to that voice in my head that screams WAIT FOR THE REVIEWS.

11. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I agree poster above but I have a huge weakness when it comes to zombie games. I love em. Haha. I bought project zomboid but haven't got to try it cause I haven't had time to do the fix for macs. I want a survival game on android about zombies. Like cataclysm dda. Oh god it would be awesome lol. K I bought this without reading the forum. Let me go try it. To bad apple didnt have that 15 minute refund thing gp does lol

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think War of the Zombie has brought more users to Touch Arcade than any game before it; and they all hate War of the Zombie.

13. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Reverse astroturfing?

14. chombiekay

chombiekay Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    #74 chombiekay, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    Wow, didn't expect this game to have so much depth. LIKING IT SO FAR.

I still need more time for a real assessment but I when I tap to move my troops, it doesn't work sometimes.

Also we should not be able to move cars with troops and zombies.

And the gun box popping up is super annoying.

Troops get stuck a lot.

How the heck do I get my humvee in action?

15. vdvgames

vdvgames Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Chief Game Guru
    Singapore/Bangkok
    Dear War of the Zombie fans, firstly thank you for your support and apologies for the bugs you are coming across. Although we have done extensive testing before releasing the initial version, with a game of this type and its almost infinite outcome possibilities there are bugs we simply did not come across. But rest assured we are working non-stop on correcting them. Since we wish to resolve the main bugs that have been found first, we will be submitting the update focusing more on the bug fixes & gameplay tweaks over new content so please bare with us for the new maps and features.

Here is a list of current fixes & tweaks we have already corrected for the upcoming update which we will be submitting to Apple within the next few days:

* Fixed mission briefing report results for ‘locate nuke’ missions
    * Fixed cities to update only after mission briefing report approved
    * Fixed career confirmation button within debriefing screen if less then 4 marines where in mission
    * Optimised code to reduce rebel AI lag when using missiles/rpgs during rebel/nuke missions
    * Re-wrote building routine to fix issue of roofs remaining transparent when exiting partially destroyed buildings
    * Roofs now become transparent when touching side of building, so easier to find doorways and less need to switch to Safevision.
    * Tweaked pathfinding to further prevent occasions where characters might insist on trying to go through walls.
    * Tweaked weapon crate pop up so it won't repeatedly appear right away.
    * Added confirmation for Abort button
    * Removed sandbags (temporarily) for better movement
    * Added Skip tutorial if restarting a New Career
    * Added dockyard map with new water terrain type

We will now be looking into the new bugs that have been posted, and add them to this list. Again, thank you for your continuing support and know that we are as passionate about giving you an enjoyable gaming experience as you are playing.

16. chombiekay

Feb 7, 2013
    keep it up! this game is actually pretty damn polished. it's also very ambitious and big. honestly, people really should be giving this game a try.

it's basically a mix of that walking dead assault, plague inc, and x-com all together.

please do fix the tapping bug where it's hard to move units around.

also please fix people being able to move cars.

also how do we ride our jeeps?

iphone 5 user.

17. realSFG

realSFG New Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Crash on 3GS

Hi,

I was eagerly waiting for this game and bought it instantly yesterday :)

Unfortunately the game crashes after the tutorial mission on my 3GS, iOS 6.1.3.

Tried it twice -> both time it crashed.

Just read about the upcoming update -> hope this will be fixed.

Best

18. Almerto

Almerto Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Hello world!
    Writing just because i was exactly searching for a game like this (playing XCOM for the first time on my pc) as i'm preparing for one of the hardest exams and don't want to study too much! :p
    In fact i wanted to report a crash just after the "digimemo" on iP 3GS 5.1.1.. I know that's not listed in the supported devices, but i hope u consider, if possible, fixin and addin it!
    Many thanks and keep up the good work!
    -Almerto from Italy

19. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Can you use the humvees, gunships etc....and if so how and when?

20. chombiekay

Feb 7, 2013
    A possible bug, issue. I'm on Day 6 and dropped off a team for a pick up nukes mission.

they found the nukes but there was a "fenced in area" of about 100 zombies they left alone, but they got all the nukes so they won the mission.

so next day, now the city shows a mission but it's just an infection, no nuke extraction, but now there are like 1600 zombies. when i put my extraction team in there, there is no fenced area of zombies anymore, just zombies coming in from off the screen towards the middle where my team is. i can literally leave my team in the middle and they can pick off every zombie since they come in so slowly and sporadically. my team can max out their stats if i leave the game on automated while i go do something.

is this a bug? are the zombies supposed to be off the screen coming in or are they all already supposed to be on the screen?

i just want to bring this up if the dev can tell me if this was intended, etc.