War of the Zombie, new mobile strategy simulation

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by vdvgames, Apr 5, 2013.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    War of the Zombie will blow you away; the beta was great. This is one of the most detailed real time strategy games avaliable on iOS.

2. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Yeah this game looked amazing. Sadly I had to now out of the beta due to some tech difficulties. I plan on snagging up this bad boy on my new device once its out.

3. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think it's ok for me to say the beta installation for War of Zombie takes up less than 50mb on my iPod. There's a thread about the best games under 50mb and I would include War of Zombie in that list; amazingly small size for a game like this. I'm not sure what the final release size will be.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#44 Bronxsta, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    Since you were part of beta testing, do you have ideas what kinds of new content might be added with updates?

And I definitely getting this on release, but I've been concerned about the tactical depth. I know it's not XCom, but all the footage I've seen is just your marines shooting enemies/zombies. Doesn't seem like there's much in the way of on the ground strategy like flanking, etc., beyond dropping smoke, calling in air strikes, blowing open walls

5. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'm not sure how much I can comment about the beta; and wouldn't begin to speculate on added content after launch.
    I don't think you'll be disappointed, flanking is possible. Hypothetically I don't imagine it'd be much of a game if you just shoot zombies is an open environment and the presence of what you describe "blowing open walls" shows an example of tactical depth.

6. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Good discipline. Something to be proud if in this unethical world we live in.

7. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Part of the beta test!! :)

8. Bronxsta

Can you provide any more glowing impressions for us, to whet our appetites before the game?

Are there any details you can talk about that previews haven't touched upon?

9. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Well they said MAYBE this is gonna released on app store on June 27

10. Bronxsta

So anyone know if that 6/27 release is still on track?

And maybe undeadcow or another tester could comment but in a level like the one below, can you enter every building? Or only certain ones?
    [​IMG]

11. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I don't know if I'm more excited for this or siegecraft. Great week if this date stands

12. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Every building... I hope I am allowed to reveal that :O

13. vdvgames

vdvgames Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Chief Game Guru
    Singapore/Bangkok
    War of the Zombie strategy simulation

We are finally releasing War of the Zombie!
    [​IMG]

War of the Zombie is a zombie outbreak strategy simulation combining turn-based and realtime gameplay across the entire world. Releasing on app store 27 June 2013.

As Global Operations Director of Safe Industries, take charge of its Ark Carrier and recruit marines & other personnel, purchase real-life military equipment, move across the world within range of real-time missions, nuke, scavenge, infect, bribe and defend against the world's country governments in an attempt to save humanity from the zombie pandemic and resulting chaos.

MAIN GAMEPLAY FEATURES:

- Choose, equip and drop a team of 4 marines into real-time combat
    - Survive, die or turn undead in zombie-infested, fully destructible mission zones
    - Decide how your marines develop as they increase rank & experience
    - Recruit marines, advisors, researchers, diplomats and doctors to aid in your quest
    - Bribe, infect, scavenge, nuke and fend off 200 countries around the globe
    - Build up arsenals of real military weapons on your double-hulled command carrier
    - Compete with other global players' stats through Game Center

Tested on iPhone4, iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPod5, iPad2, iPad3, iPad4, iPad mini.

WOTZ IS EVER EXPANDING:

War of the Zombie has been developed as a 'near' open-ended (it ends if there are no more humans), ever expanding game with new missions, maps and features added in each update as well as our favourite fan suggestions.

We listen to all feedback and suggestions on new map & mission types as well as additional features.

WHAT'S COMING IN THE NEXT UPDATE:

We will be introducing 2 new maps, the ability to research new equipment, and some other special features.

BECOME A FAN:

Become a fan of War of the Zombie by liking our facebook.com/warofthezombie fan page and drop us a note on things you want to see in the next updates, comment on the game or post your best action screen caps!

Hope you enjoy it, zombie lovers!

Van der Veer Games

14. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I beta tested War of the Zombie and can confirm that is a detailed fleet management sim with great real time strategy gameplay that captures a global scale feel and has a nice open world dynamic. It will be worth the download and enjoyable.

15. Bronxsta

#55 Bronxsta, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    Finally...been anticipating this.
    Looks like Plague Inc mixed with X Com's global management plus real time squad management.

Still wary of the squad controls. Besides flanking and funneling, seems like you just auto-shoot. But I am getting a Walking Dead Assault vibe from the squad gameplay, which is a good sign

Either way, can't wait for this!

16. Bronxsta

Okay...sold

17. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The developers just confirmed the June 27th release with a post in the iPod Games section.

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I didn't see the game on AppStore. Can you recheck it?

19. Bronxsta

June 27th. Not sure why this thread was created early

20. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Wow, this looks like the game World War Z should have been thematically speaking! Sold! And here I thought I was just buying one game (Bounty Hunter) come Wednesday night/Thursday morning!