Universal Warbits: Classic Turn Based Strategy Beta Test

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Risky Lab, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Looks pretty darn promising alright. Love your art style, that's a slick manual!

2. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    When's this coming out? I've got to no when to get that iTunes card :D

3. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Can't wait for the invite. Email posted!

4. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    me too ^^

Email posted here as well! I think I might have forgot and accidentally sent it twice, if so I apologize. Can..not...waittoplaythisgame! Hopefully Risky Lab will be all rested up from PAX on Monday and can send out more invites =D

5. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Registered. Hope PAX went well.

Will progress be wiped after the beta do you think? Don't mind either way just wondering.

6. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Just signed up too ####

7. Risky Lab

Risky Lab Well-Known Member

Wow guys, we're blown away by the response! A lot more people signed up than we had expected so we're going to kinda do this in waves to make sure nothing explodes.

For those of you that have Warbits installed, I put the operations manual in the first post of this thread. The campaign will introduce you to all of the mechanics but if you wanted to jump into multiplayer I'd suggest giving it a look.

#Bootcamp is limited to players with less than 5 multiplayer matches under their belt so that would be a good place to start!
    I also just made a #TouchArcade tag to play on.

8. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Does the game sync between devices?

9. Risky Lab

We don't yet support iCloud sync but it's on our todo list. Multiplayer games are done through GameCenter so you can play those on multiple devices, but local games and Campaign progress is not.

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    One of my top five games I want to play this year

11. SuyinRei

SuyinRei Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Looks interesting

12. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    First of all thank you for the invitation. :)

Where we can send a feedback? Here? Private messages? I have finished sector 1 and I have some suggestions / observations.

This game is GREAT ! It should have been out since YEARS ! The graphics/animation/presentation is very well-done. The music is ok but it could have been better or with more variation. The control is very good. The gameplay is great because it reminds a lot of Advance Wars BUT it's not a clone. This game has it's own personality, it's not just a copy-paste from other turn-based strategy games.

It lacks combat animation where usually shows the combat in detailed graphics between the player's and enemy's units but considering that this game is NOT from a big company, it's totally acceptable.

I really really hope that it has many stages. I'm looking forward to day one! Can we have (approximately) an estimated release date ???

13. Risky Lab

When you are invited to the beta we also send you an invite to our Slack channel. You're welcome to talk about the game here, but any bug reports should probably be sent to slack so we can address them easily.

We're excited to hear you like it. Being in a development cave, it's always nice to have some fresh eyes on our project.

The campaign has 20 missions (16 in the current beta). There are also a bunch of VS maps you can play against the CPU if you're looking for a more multiplayer experience.

14. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Looks great!

Sent a beta-request, and keeping my fingers crossed!

When will this be released and at what price?

/Pedroapan

15. anarei

anarei Active Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Is the multiplayer done in realtime or is it asynchronous, sending to each player after they finish their turn/day? Nice job with the manual, I'm really looking forward to the beta and release :)

16. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    This is Advance Wars level...well done!

17. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Please send me invitationnnnnnnn

18. Risky Lab

Asynchronous.

Glad you guys are excited!

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I sent some feedback about a glitch I found

20. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Got my invite and I must say, Damn! This game is just awesome so far! Very reminiscent of AW, a good thing. Will provide any feedback as a delve into this one. So far so good though!