Universal Warhammer 40000: Regicide (By Hammerfall Publishing Global)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 19, 2016.

1. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Has anyone tried this on an iPad 4? It says "optimised for iPad Air", but does that mean it is unplayable on anything less or just not as smooth?

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Omg Noooooo!!
    IOS 9 or later!!!!!

3. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Played on iPad 4. Works fine, but frame rate is a bit low, and no apparent options to disable visuals/effects. Thing is, dispite being able to skip move animations, the gameplay itself is sluggish. I realize these are armored space hulks, but things just plod along. I wish game/AI speed could be adjusted, 4x would make this far more appealing to my ADD mobile gaming sensibilities.

4. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Ooo like chess ? Is it really or are they just saying that ? Good replay ability like chess ? Don't really play war hammer games but this sounds interesting, someone give me the rundown ! =]

5. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Thank you for the answer and impressions!

6. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    seems very similar to UHR-Warlords.

7. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    No way to replay the tutorial?! WTF! That means I'll not be getting this game.

8. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    There is a way. Go to options and training. They explain this in the first screen. And it's way better than UHR-Warlords

9. daniel todd

daniel todd Member

May 19, 2016
    Hey Touchy85,
    Thanks so much for the honest review. We appreciate it.
    I've been looking into the tutorial issue for you, and I can't seem to replicate it. I've replayed it about 6 times on ios, and restarted and replayed it. Can you give me a little more information so that I can solve this issue for you ASAP.

See you online!

Daniel (Bzerkr) | Project Lead: Regicide

10. daniel todd

daniel todd Member

May 19, 2016
    Regicide runs great on the ipad 4. We tested the game on many devices, and the only one that was dropping below acceptable speeds was the iPad 3, due to its initial implementation of Apples first generation retina display.

Enjoy!

11. daniel todd

daniel todd Member

May 19, 2016
    Oh no, did we block something out for you? We had to do that so that it would not go to iPhone 4 devices (which it will not run on). Hmmm, I will look into running the game on earlier iOS's for you. Is there a reason that you are not on iOS 9?

Cheers,

12. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    Thanks for that. Now I have to decide if I get the iOS version or the PC version. As far as controls, how does it play on an iPad? is it easy to accidentally scroll the board when trying to move a unit?

13. daniel todd

daniel todd Member

May 19, 2016
    Hi There,
    Our tutorials are all repayable at any stage. Maybe this user was getting a bug? I will contact them and try and fix it.

14. daniel todd

daniel todd Member

May 19, 2016
    It looks great on ipad. We spent three months re-working the UI and controls to be smooth for a mobile experience. You only get 1 chance at a first impression.

Enjoy!

15. PrimoBr

Aug 14, 2015
    It play great. I liked better than on PC

16. daniel todd

daniel todd Member

May 19, 2016
    I'll have another look at the ipad 4. The only slow frames we are getting in the dev studio are on the iPad 3 due to its hardware.

Nice idea! We are actually looking at a tournament styled BLITZ mode for super fast play, depending on how may people request it. All our new content is driven by our users feedback, so keep those good ideas coming.

17. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Id like to see those chess signs stay on chars all the time, annoying to toggle on constantly as I always forget whos who

18. PrimoBr

Aug 14, 2015
    Hi! I have the same problem. I didn't update my Air 2 cause i have a huge backlog and some games don't work on iOS 9. I already bought the game to play on my mini 4, but i would really like to play on my air! Thanks dev! Huge fan of your work, play on PC also!

19. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Same here !

Did you guys have to "soften the kill animations" doesn't seem the same. Maybe I'm just crazy

20. daniel todd

daniel todd Member

May 19, 2016
    Hiya Forsakenxe,
    Thanks for the feedback. Just FYI, this is our biggest sale ever, and the PC version will never go lower than its current rate of 66% off. Also, all our in game DLC is free as a launch special, with we have no plan of ever doing again.

But as a gamer myself, I also have a full library of games (some of which I may never get to) so I know the feeling of "Do i really need this one?"

Either way, it sounds like you have a lot of play ahead of you. Good luck!