Universal Warhammer 40K : Storm of Vengeance - (by Eutechnyx Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    The screenshots are awful enough to deter me from downloading it. With sanuku's video, it just prove me right. Lol

2. Krebmart

Krebmart Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Quite possibly he has. The game has been available via steam for a few months.

Here is an excellent review of it. Watch it and you'll save $5.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CGXsOorkgpg

You're welcome.

3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    The AppStore entry for the game has been updated with more images, a description and Warhammer in the title. Would you be able to update your OP Sanuku please?

4. drez

drez Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Wow this looks awful. What a shame.

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Now I'm a huge fan of games workshop stuff but IMO this looks like utter crap

6. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Ah, I am finding a term to describe this for the past hour and you have enlightened me. "Utter crap" is that term to describe this. Thanks

7. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    #27 Kirenx, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    This video is a load of bull. First off, it was made immediately after the release of the beta, so was done prior to a chunk of the content, campaigns, difficulties, etc. added. Second, the comparison between SoV and Ninja Cats vs Samurai Dogs is completely dishonest. I've played both games, and aside from the very core mechanic of lanes and use of cards, they are dramatically different. For one thing, factions in SoV are different and have individualized skill trees, an interesting fact the video "forgot" to mention. Aside from that, the way units, abilities, upgrades, and a lot of other elements work in SoV is different from NCvSD.

SoV will likely not be for everyone, but that video is perhaps the most inaccurate way of determining what the game is like I have seen.

8. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Unless the animations get dramatically toned down from the Steam version, in-game, it generally is more dynamic than Space Hulk. Units actually interact with each other in different ways through melee combat, executions, and other actions. This is a game I think the screen shots don't do justice, it's actually really polished looking from my experience in the beta.

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmmm where as I really like and enjoy space hulk, I guess it's just not for me, I'd prefer a turn based game or strategy game over a simple one. I've never been a huge fan of the lane based PvZ style stuff.

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I am also skeptical about the lane based tower defense elements...

11. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I have to agree with this... :/

12. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    #32 kenken11, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    First off, warhammer 40k should not be "turned" into a lane-based game.

It did and I don't know which genius come up with this idea but this is terrible.

Second, graphically and animations wise, this is not great, not even good. Average is quite generous for this thus there is nothing to talk about here.

Lastly, this is just like other franchise of Star Wars, star treks etc, dev trying to earn money through selling the brand.

13. Werechihuahua

Werechihuahua Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Eternal labors
    Pensacola, FL
    Game Impressions

Been playing the PC version on STEAM heavily. This is a great game. If you played Eutechnyx's Ninja Cats vs Samurai Dogs you have an idea of the gameplay. There are a lot of lane RTS games on iOS, including some good ones like Samurai Bloodshow from SEGA. This might well be the best one yet.

The upgrades bring a very deep level of strategy to what might otherwise be a force on force lane pusher. You aren't just sitting and watching while you wait for new units to build either. You actively use the unit special abilities you chose and paid for such as chucking frag grenades into clusters of Orks, Krak bombs at vehicles and Speeder bikes into empty lanes.

Choosing when to zap Marinez wif da Weird Boy's Frazzle or when to send a bomb squid down a lane into a squad of Marines is a blast. I can't speak as to how it runs on iOS devices, but I am very pleased with the game and intend to buy it a second time to take it on the road with me.

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Better than Bloodshow? Bloodshow is probably my favorite Lane game ever and to be better than that, that must mean this game is amazing. Lets hope you're right.

15. Thanks all whoever it was who changed the title! :)

16. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
  17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Lane based games aren't my favourite type of games thus I haven't played many, all that really comes to mind is Arel.

I was definitely going to pick this up because it's Warhammer but given the price tag I may wait for a few thoughts on the game first.

18. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Why not? There is obviously an audience for it. Warhammer 40K has a host of different products that have steamed from the original tabletop, from first person shooters, third person shooter, real time strategy, mobile console, a variety of board games, card games, comics, books, etc. etc. There are a wide variety of different products, the benefit of which is, players can find what suites them, and ignore what doesn’t.

What are you comparing it to? I’ve played a fair amount of IOS titles, including ones based on gamesworkshop franchises, and SoV is pretty high quality in terms in terms of the visual design. The 3D models are well detailed, the animations are fluid and interesting, and really the worst aspect of the game’s aesthetics are the stages, which aren’t so much bad, as simply functionally bland.

19. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Don't knock it until you've tried it guys/gals. I too was also very sceptical about Games Workshop choosing this genre for its Flagship series... I've plowed countless hours into Warhammer Quest and was very excited to hear of another release from Games Workshop, only to be instantly disappointed once I heard it was a lane defence game!!

BUT... Now I've had chance to actually play this, I have to say, I'm not disappointed with my purchase one bit, the production values are definitely there! It also seems to me like there is a fair amount of strategy to the gameplay aswell (based upon initial impressions).

I'm only one hour into this game so-far, so my judgement may sway once I get into "the thick of it", but for now, I have to say this was a good purchase!

The installed size after downloading the missing assets from inside the game is 573Mb

20. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Is save game progress saved to a server or cloud meaning I can play on ipad and iPhone?