Universal Warhammer 40K : Storm of Vengeance - (by Eutechnyx Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Huh? What point? I was trying to identify and gain impressions from people who have actually played the game. I tend to put more weight into these impressions. We can all make judgements based off video or app descriptions, this is how we choose what games to purchase. But I've been wrong before, thinking a game wouldn't be my cup and later praising it while late to the party. Why? Because observations are only skin deep. Games are played, engaged between the player and the software.

On another note, I see you 1 starred the game. That's classy. Do you have some sort of agenda? Are you a competitor of some sort or do you just lack a healthy life?

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    ^Word. Thanks for your impressions.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I still can't decide what to do about this game, mainly because of the file size and Internet requirement though not because of opinions here as they seem split anyway and not everyone will love every game.

4. FivepastTA

FivepastTA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    #84 FivepastTA, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    If you want to support the people who asked you to give them real money for Ride to Hell: Retribution, by all means buy this game.

5. What? This is online only? Was going to buy this game, but guess now I am out. :(

6. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    It doesn't say that in the app description on the store.

7. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Just tested it out, turned my IPad onto Airplane mode and played the single player campaign. It is NOT online only.

8. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    I'd like to also request the impressions of people who have actually played this game, and aren't just hating the name. Giving 1 star to a game that you haven't even played is misleading and unhelpful.

9. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Thank you for clearing that up. Too many backseat drivers on this thread spreading BS.

10. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I'd like to hear more from people as to this being the case or not as it's a pretty big point of contention for me.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sorry, seems I was also the victim of misinformation as I'm pretty sure I seen people mention needing a connection to play in the early pages. That's a relief though as I generally play in airplane mode.

12. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

This game is an absolutely awful use of the Warhammer license.
    If you stripped away the Warhammer theme, you'd be left with a very mediocre line defense game at best. That guy in the video was spot on in my opinion!

About the comparison between this game and Ninja Cats VS Samurai Dogs.. Even the devs themselves made the comparison in a tweet/blog post, stating that this game was gonna be based upon their previous title Ninja Cats VS Samurai Dogs.

13. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I actually really like this. It is lane defence but as I never got plants v zombies 2 (the price put me off) and I haven't played lane defence since PvZ1 then this is a nice little game for me. This, FtL and Monument Valley are good enough for me to keep some faith in iOS gaming for at least one more week.

14. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Wouldn't every game that's not a full tabletop conversion, the one thing we've never gotten, be a waste of the license? As long as the game is good, taking out GW inflated prices, why does the license matter?

15. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Because it's not Dawn of War 3. Space Marine got flak for being a FPS, Space Hulk got flak for being a board game, essentially if a 40K game comes out that isn't Dawn of War or really similar, you are going to get a group that whines about it.

16. SpacyRicochet

SpacyRicochet Member

May 16, 2013
    The license matters because people either feel connected or invested in the 'fluff' of the license. Using a license to create a game gives you the opportunity to add to and expand the world of the license, which a lot of fans enjoy.

With this game? It's a bloody waste of license.

17. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    This thread is full of Warhammer Whiners. Did they actually play the game? Who knows. But it doesn't stop them from trashing it.

18. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    How is it more of a waste than say, Space Marine? SoV tells the saga of Piscina IV from both the perspective of the Dark Angels and the Orks. So it certainly has the story element or "fluff" you elude too. What do other 40K products do that SoV doesn't, aside from be game types that better suite your personal preferences?

19. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Samurai Bloodshow by Sega is much better and cheaper too!

20. Werechihuahua

Werechihuahua Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Eternal labors
    Pensacola, FL
    Bloodshow

Cheaper? Yeah.... if you don't mind getting nickel and dimed with the freemium BS. I don't have a hard time finding $5 in the sofa cushions or change holder.

Supporting the studio that made the terrible Retribution :Ride to Hell? How about supporting the studio that made the outstanding Supercar Challenge? Ferrari Challenge? Absolute Supercars, NASCAR 2014 and many, many other very good games. I got Ride to Hell for $1.49 on STEAM so I don't feel the need to vent hatred on their other games because I didn't care for it.

I have 5 hours on the PC version and as much on iPad now. I am having fun. Your mileage may vary but there are plenty of other games to play. If this one stopped amusing I would be back on FTL and SolForge. Full disclosure... I HATE Games Workshop's business practices and wouldn't buy a thing from them for any of the miniature games any more. But Space Hulk and Blood Bowl on PC are great fun so I don't mind a bit enjoying myself with them.