Universal Warhammer: Arcane Magic (by Turbo Tape Games AS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Jul 28, 2015.

1. LoadingTurboTape

LoadingTurboTape Active Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Awesome to hear all the feedback! I'm working on a blog post about this over the week end and will be sure to talk about this forum. :)

Will post it here!

So, still wondering... Anyone unlocked the Chaos Sorcerer yet?

2. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    @eugenemcardle
    I think we cross posted! Great to hear you have the Chaos Sorcerer on board! Are you playing Elven Ruins with him? He can bind Daemons, you know!:)

3. CatoSicarius

CatoSicarius Active Member

#103 CatoSicarius, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Wow, really like the game, especially now after the update, BUT...
    Why did you hide Teclis behind a paywall?!
    He was the wizard I was looking forward to the most!
    WHYYYYYY???!!! :(
    It's a ten dollar game, I would expect to be able to get all Wizards without paying additional money!
    Also, he was not listed in the IAP list, only Wurrzag!

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I would think a $4.99 sale would bring a bunch more customers!

5. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    That has me worried! What App Store territory are you in? Am I correct to assume Germany? I cannot see that App Store as it looks on your device, but where I'm able to check he is listed under the IAPs! If it is different elsewhere, it would be really useful for me to know!

About why he is behind a paywall, I discussed that in another tread, but the jist of it is that the wizards production price dictates us charging for them. The alternatives was a more expensive app, or omitting the characters all together, so we felt it was the best sollution to let people decide for them selves. We make sure you get four wizards, though, so you can slot all three in different combinations.

6. CatoSicarius

CatoSicarius Active Member

Checked it again, now everything is listed. I purchased the game around three or four days after the release, and at that time, only Wurrzag was stated to be IAP.

7. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    #107 Carabak, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    I have noticed many times on UK App Store that when an app is first released the IAP breakdown is not available and often trickles in bit by bit over a few weeks. This should be fixed- it should all be there on day of release. I contacted Apple about this when your game was released but have had no reply. Obviously the time you most need to see a summary of an apps IAP model is on the day it is released...

(Hehe not blaming you for that Turbotape!!)

8. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I've beaten the existing levels and unlocked the Chaos Sorcerer. I admit though, I haven't really tried him out yet. There doesn't seem to be a lot of motivation to keep playing once you finish the existing maps. There needs to be higher difficulties, randomized stages, collectables, or something that makes players want to replay stages or keep playing once the base game is complete.

9. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I am pretty sure Apple keeps track which IAPs were actually purchased and displays those.

10. Carabak

Jul 29, 2015
    Ahhhh...that would make sense. I was kinda thinking they asked the devs to supply them and it was all a bit slowmo what with them getting the app released on time...really would be nice if Apple could get a complete list of IAPs and publish them on release day.

11. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
  12. Carabak

Jul 29, 2015
  13. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    Hi people!

Wanted to let you know that I'll do a reddit AMA this evening at 7pm CET!

If anyone want to drop by to talk about anything and everything, you are more than welcome!

Will post the link when it is live :)

14. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    #114 LoadingTurboTape, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Here is the reddit

https://redd.it/3hqzi3

(Finally got it working)

Any questions welcome! Help me spread the word :)

15. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #115 mzinn, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    I'm really enjoying the game. I held off for a while but now wish I'd started earlier. Very well done.
    I'll be done pretty soon & know I'll want new or more single player campaigns/levels. How are those coming along? Any anticipated release timeframe?

I can't thank you enough for a thorough walkthrough. That made all the difference. After that I was completely comfortable & ready to rock!

Again Nice job!

16. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #116 stubbieoz, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Two things I think worth mentioning.

1. The game does save mid-mission though you may not think so. If you exit via the menu you will indeed have to restart the mission. However if you completely close the game down using the Home button or shutting down the device, the next time you start the game it will take you to the exact position you were in your last mission.

2. There is an exploit in the game where you can get warpstones and all scrolls very easily. It involves starting a mission then opening plunder packs and then restarting the mission using the game menu. The warpstones and scrolls remain in your inventory. If you find a plunder pack near the start of a mission (chapter three is a good one) you can just open it then restart the mission. You can open 60 plunder packs in an hour. No doubt this is a cheat but it might help beginners and others that want it. Use at your own dicretion as it has the capability of making the game way too easy. I have notified the developers of this but have received no reply.

17. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    Hi everyone!

It's been a while. That is because we have been hard at work making the first next campaign for the game, set in Lustria, home of the Slann and the Lizardmen. It will be awesome and include new wizards. :) It is due sometime late in October.

A piece of news that I wanted to drop here first is that we dropped the price today. We're now at the 3.99$ price mark and it is permanent.

And before we get into another argument ;), we HAVE accommodated for all you super-nice early adopters! As long as you have completed the tutorial of the game before updating to the 1.0.4 build (which is propagating to the Appstore as I write, will be out sometime later today / tomorrow), you will be handsomely rewarded with a huge stack of Gold; about 15.000 pieces for you to splash out on spells or plunder packs.

Hope you like it! The new levels will be great, dying to show you!

If you feel like it, please help us spread the word on the price drop!

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Nice to see that!

19. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    HALELUYAH!
    LORD MAZUMANDI I AM COMING HOME!
    Still on the phone on iOS 7 though... must move to new phone soon.

20. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks!
    That seems to be a fair enough compensation for us early purchasers.