Universal Warhammer: Arcane Magic (by Turbo Tape Games AS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    How do I know which spells are single use and which my character can use multiple times?

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #122 sobriquet, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    The ones you can only use once are scrolls. They are placed into the empty brown slots on the right end of your spell cards. Tape on the empty slot to open the list of scrolls you have.
    You also have one spell that can only be "charged" by activating a fulcrum. It will show up on the screen when it's charged.
    All spells can be used only once per arena. The scrolls are gone after used.

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #123 sobriquet, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    I just started playing the new update, thanks for the coins, and I wanted to tell you how amazingly cool your game is. The camera feels a little sluggish but otherwise flawless.

4. LoadingTurboTape

LoadingTurboTape Active Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Thanks for that piece of feedback! That is very motivating to hear. :)

Putting the final touches on a large new update now, dying to show you all!

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Does the 15,000 gold that the dev's gave us early purchasers transfer over if I start a new game?

6. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    Yes, it does. HOWEVER! You must have cloud saves enabled to get it back.

Cloud Saves are first available in the build we released this week. So in order to save the gold, you must update the game without deleting it first, enable cloud saves, and make sure the game is saved to the cloud. Easiest way is to open any level, load it, the select save and quit in the settings.

After that, provided your cloud saves are available, you will have all the gold.

The flip side of this, though, is that you won't be able to play the tutorial multiple times. Unless you install the game on a device with no cloud enabled, and then start it locally there, it will not trigger since there is a save game available.

A player made us aware of that this morning, and we'll be making a system to replay the tutorial at will, it's on the list.

Hope you like the tweaks though, and that you'll try Jungles of Lustria!

7. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    TA-DA!

We're out with a new build, hope you'll like it! Update, and please have a look at the post above about cloud saves that can be enabled.

Hope some of you will try Jungles of Lustria too. It looks really, really nice.

About the warpstones, that you know more about here than most places: We've now tweaked a bit down on the distribution, as it was a bit much after the post launch update. I think it is more correct now. It may be a bit more of a challenge, but on the other hand, you can ALWAYS replay a past level to get refresh you stockpile.

Any direct input on that here would be great, we're continuing to work on that one. :)

If you like the game, tell your friends!

8. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #128 mzinn, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Do you need to finish Chaos Wastes before the new campaign is available to download or did I look right at it & miss it?

--Edit--
    Found it

9. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Best Wizards/Mages

Hey guys,

Wanting to know if all characters are pretty balanced or if I should splurge and pick up some extra characters for arak money.

Any insight guys/gals?

10. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    There is no need to get other characters for the sake of making the game easier, as the provided characters are plenty powerful as far as I can tell. The main reason to get additional characters is just for more variety.

11. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Agreed!

12. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Thank you for your honesty. I will play the game through and then try out some new characters. Appreciate it!

13. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Arcane Winds

I know that winds change each turn. Can someone explain to me the symbols? How do I know what spells will be more powerful based on the winds?

14. LoadingTurboTape

Jul 20, 2015
    Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I wrote here last, thanks to everyone who has helped answer intricate game questions!

I'm here today, of course, to tell you that we JUST launched on Android! A lot of you have been asking for that, and now it's out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttg.wam

We're launching on Steam at the same time, incidentally, on PC and Mac, and while I know this is a mobile forum, I of course understand that many of you play over there too, so it would be great to hear what you think about the improved graphics of the game in the forums there: store.steampowered.com//app/440330

But to the game! It's not only out on Android, it comes with a lot of imporvements too! Of most relevance in this thread is the fact that warpstone and plunder packs now drop in arena, during battle. The drop happens on event triggers and have a randomness. A drop can happen on any vacant tile, and the drop content has three rounds time to live. We're super happy with it! You no longer need to hunt them down off-battle, and their time to live makes them a real part of gameplay tactics, opening for both cunning gameplay and risk taking when reaching them!

What I really wanted to say here is that those gameplay changes had not been here now if it had not been for you fine folks at the TA forums! Thanks! You helped us solve the whole world famous warpstone shortcoming, AND guided us to a new system that makes the game a lot more fun to play! :)

The game is submitted to Apple as well, of course, and will be launched on approval. It may even happen before the week end. All current games will update.

And, I almost forgot: We now have magic items! They drop in rare Golden Plunder Packs. Magic items are forged using scrolls, and become permanent, to be equipped in stead of scrolls. However, you need to be very lucky to get an item that is as powerful as the original scroll... Looking forward to hearing what you think about that!