Universal Warhammer Quest 2 (By Perchang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Oct 19, 2017.

1. jrd

jrd Active Member

Dec 23, 2012

Just hit :D

2. snovikov

snovikov Member

May 14, 2016
    Firing once or twice per turn from a bow or from a weak pistol (haven't come across the "powder" pistol) does not compare with 9 shots from a Sorceress' staff and ranged area spells of mages. So I prefer to use my EC with a fire hammer and a sword and my BK with a spear and an axe.

3. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I can confirm the new update has made my map spring to life with a wealth of new side quest icons. # looking forward to collecting some new and exciting loot!

4. hazmatte

hazmatte Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Pretty boring.

I have seen gobs and gobs of great ideas from the community on how to make this game better, so here's hoping Perchang implements a bunch of them.

As someone who played all of the Rodeo games, I was sorely disappointed by the lack of challenge & strategy required to get through the main campaign. It wasn't even until the last mission that I even had a full-on party death and then I simply ran it again and range-attacked the boss until he was gone. Not at all like the edge-of-your-seat strategy of the Hunters games, where every move had to be carefully thought out.

Yeah, the graphics are fantastic, but that is the only thing better about WHQ2 over the other games in the franchise.

A few things to add to the bucket list of enhancements:
    - I don't like the whole card loot system, loot should be in chests... but if you're gonna use cards, at least make it so the player taps on the cards to make them flip. Would also like to know if the loot was rare/epic/legendary.
    - fix the pathfinding for avoiding fire... if a character can get to point B using the same number of action points by avoiding a fire tile, why in god's name does he just blindly walk through fire. I know I can manually guide the character around the fire, but that's just dull busy work.
    - i really didn't find the character differences very compelling... i put my tank & melee fighter in front, ranged fighters in back, and it didn't really seem like much else mattered, character-wise.
    - why have magic casters that essentially only use ranged fireballs? how about some ranged magic that's fun to use, like paralysis, transmutation, beserker, etc.
    - it would have been cool if when the characters progressed in levels, it opened up some special skills/spells, rather than just give them extra AP or other attribute buffs... oh my character got +2 dexterity.... snooze.

I'm glad the franchise survived the shutdown of Rodeo, and I hope they make some major improvements to WHQ2 to make it the game it COULD have been. As it stands, it was a highly anticipated game that was a total letdown for me. To the point that I am not even interested in paying another $5 for the IAP campaign... seems like it'll just be more of the same boring gameplay with a different tileset. I think I'll pass.

I hope Perchang fixes these major shortcomings for the next WHQ/Hunters game.

5. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Hopefully any changes in difficulty come in the form of optional modes as personally I find this game significantly more difficult than the first and wouldnt want to see it much harder other than perhaps new enemies that require new strategies to overcome.

The explosive pistol is far too powerful. The regular pistol can only fire once per turn, yet the explosive one doesn’t have this limitation, and yet costs the same AP to fire. Perhaps bring back the chance to misfire from the first game for all pistols. They should have an advantage over bows in either damage or AP to fire, but be less reliable to reflect technology in the Warhammer world.

6. Winko

Winko Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Back in the game now the white quests are back. (With a vengeance , completely covering my map) thanks to developers again. Looking forward to your road map and hoping the game has a long future.

Would love to give my view on the exploding pistol but I am now on the skaven DLC map and still haven't come across it #

7. popcornpete

popcornpete Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Version 1.011

Hello Again!

I'm sorry about the delay with the most recent update. We had a few of issues over the last week or so that prevented us getting it to you in good time.

The major details of the update are up on the store. It seems that some of you already have the update and the side quests have appeared again. I'm relieved about that one! On top of that we've fixed a few more crash issues.

Besides the main issues we've also fixed a number of game weapon\item bugs. Almost all the items should now function as described but we do have some remaining problems surrounding fire\disease resistance that i'm currently working on. If you guys notice any remaining bugs with the weapons\items then please get in contact with us at [email protected] and we'll have a look.

I hope to have another update ready for the middle\end of next week. That should address any remaining item\weapon issues. After that we plan to move onto game improvements work. We'll be in contact to let you know what to expect :)

8. jrd

jrd Active Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Thanks guys! I’ve been playing the white quests for the last few hours, no crashes yet! (Although I’m also on a more powerful device (6 -> X), so it could be that, too).

Either way, finally enjoying the game as intended. Good work.

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Crashed on my air again after inspecting my guys, sigh. After latest update.

10. vladswe

vladswe Active Member

Jun 13, 2010
    There are obviously ”rare” items in the game, but it is frustrating when you’re getting the same quest rewards over and over again (white quests). It doesn’t really help when the heroes you can recruit and the items you can buy are the same in a lot of cities. A suggestion would be to make the more rare items and heroes available ”by default” to purchase in cities as you move along the story, while still allowing them to pop up randomly in white quests.

For instance, like some poster above stated, I’ve never run into the explosive pistol and my Hubert is still plinking along with 4-5 damage per shot on Stone Giants and Minotaurs.

Anyone know if there’s a wiki up and running where you can see the stats of the items and heroes in the game?

11. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    I feel like there's an inherent problem with the way they've designed the whole equipment/abilities system.

Relying on more slots through randomization and then sharing it all with abilities and weapons and armour isn't so fun.

Any melee character that carries 2 damage types, an armour and shield and that's it. Nothing to make them different from one another assuming you're stuck on 4 slots. An empire Captain or blood knight are essentially the same at that point.

My Sorc at the moment has +2 item slots and all that is worth more than 2 stat point increases of a single point. There either should have been set increases of slots as you level or abilities having separate slots than that of equipment.

Item management and character manage could use some refinements too since huge cards that take up 1/3 of the screen doesn't help after you get past a certain number of them.

12. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Good morning everyone. Hope we're all ready for the start of the week. As always, thanks for all the comments. Let's get into some questions then...

@Dunan, The idea behind making slots fit anything was to create characters that could be very different from one another. You can outfit your Empire Captain with a sword, axe, shield and armour to make him a melee combatant, orrrr give him bow, pistol, health potion, and protection scroll to make him a support character. Your thoughts on levelling up have been taken on board, and we'll be looking at tweaking the system for a future update. Item and char management are also being improved for the future.

@vladswe, we can certainly tweak the rarity of items appearing in settlements. We shall be starting a wiki this week (unless one has already been started that I haven't found), so anyone who'd like to help out with that, please shout and I'll be in touch.

@Duke12, really sorry you're still getting issues. If you haven't already, could you email Pete on our [email protected] address. He'll work directly with you to sort it out.

@Maelwolf, misfire was on the original design for pistols, but testers found it quite annoying. We will revisit and look at the explosive pistol though. Yes, increased difficulty will take a few forms, they won't detract from your play experience. More on that later...

Have cracking Mondays all!

- Ben

13. jrd

jrd Active Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Hi Ben. Looking forward the next update. Any info on what we can expect from it?

14. Bulwyf

Bulwyf New Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Will this be coming out on Steam and PS4? You had me at playable Blood Dragon...

15. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Hi @Bulwyf, we'll be announcing other platforms at some point. Best to sign up for our newsletter at www.perchang.com to get all the latest news first.

@jrd, Thanks! We'll also be making an announcement on the content of the next update soon. We're working on making the gameplay as varied as possible. A new dungeon type, skills that mix things up, new enemy behaviours, that kind of stuff. There's also a load of blood around the Perchang Towers! Wonder which Chaos God might be coming to play!! ;)

16. aggblade

aggblade New Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Shops Inventory & other ?s

Does the inventory at the shops ever refresh their stock? If so, what triggers it (time, level up, completing main story quests)?

Is there a level cap? I am currently at 11,13,13,15 with my main party.

I am trying to find the exploding revolver and Weapon Master. Are these items region specific or can they be found at any encounter worldwide?

So far my favorite items are the Amulet of Swiftness & Acorn of Ages (3 AP resets in a row is awesome...equipped on all 4 party members), Asrai Longbow (aoe ranged weapon...great room clearing), Knuckleduster (insane melee dmg for 1ap), Chillwind (aoe freeze...have 2 equipped on DE). It would be great to have a wiki that lists available items. Glad the devs are working on it.

17. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Hi aggblade, the shops refresh their stock every 15 mins of game time.

There is currently no level cap, although the xp required does get exponentially more the higher the level. Out of interest, who here has the highest levelled character?

Exploding Pistol and the Weapon Master skills can both be found worldwide.

Glad that you're enjoying the game and items!

Hope everyone's having a good week!

18. Greenem

Greenem New Member

Nov 22, 2017
    I might have run into some sort of a bug here, but not a single shop in my playthrough have refreshed its stock. I've noticed this, as I've been taking notes of particular items to buy in the future (when I'm done levelling my party and finally have some spare gold).

19. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    I think this may be a misalignment on the meaning of refresh. Shops do seem to have a fixed inventory, but I'm guessing Benjamin means that once you buy items from a shop, they will be restocked after 15 minutes so you can buy the same items again. Is this the correct interpretation?

20. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    As the last week passed and this week is also half way over are there any news regarding the progress?