Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Warhammer Quest was updated to 64bit! Thanks Rodeo!

2. Scarletti

Scarletti Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Yes. Thank you. Great game!

3. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thank you

4. antropy

antropy New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    #184 antropy, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    WQ1 has just been updated to 64 bit!

5. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Any more updates on the project?

6. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Hi everyone,

Phewf! Has been a hectic few months at Perchang Towers, and now we're in the final stretch! Everyone's been working crazily hard to get the game ready for launch.

We'll hopefully be releasing our first trailer and gameplay footage next week, so you lot will be able to see some actual Questing!

I'll be back on here now, answering questions and things, so fire away! :)

7. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Questions, ok - Is it out yet? :)

Ok a proper question, is there any scaling of the graphics per device? I.e. will you be able to see an improvement in graphics using an iPad Pro or iPhone 7?

8. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Hey stelph! So, we're aiming to have everything looking as good as possible across all devices. A lot of that comes from the way we're constructing environments and characters. Trying to be as frugal as possible to create an overall cool effect. We'll also be doing an "efficiency pass" over the whole game in a few weeks time, to make sure it's nice and lean.

...for the record, that doesn't mean making the game look worse. It's just double checking that a barrel isn't using a 4K texture or anything crazy like that!

We have the tech in there to do scaling across devices, and it's something we'll be properly testing and looking at during next month's Beta.

9. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Ok, next question HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE BETA???

10. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Seconded on how to sign up for the beta!!!

Also, the text on the previous game was so friggin' tiny. Any chance we'll see an improvement that won't strain my eyes or cause me to have to play with a magnifying glass?

Most anticipated game right now....

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Looking forward to seeing more on this game and really can't wait to buy it still.

12. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Beta

For Beta, you just sign up for the newsletter here:

http://perchang.com/index.html

13. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

This. Just this. I'm actually really pleasantly surprised at how far along the game seems to be. I know Ben said they were aiming for a release this year but with all the suggestions and the content that seems to be going in to it I was expecting this to slip into next year.. so glad it sounds like it isn't. This WILL be my GOTY.

14. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Morning all,

Yep, as Tychaeus says if you go to our website and sign up for the newsletter, we'll let you know as soon as the beta testing begins.

Literally cutting together the trailer right now so should be ready for you lot next week. All in-game action, none of this pre-rendered malarkey!

@Kevd, yep, after last time, text size is something we're very aware of!

15. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Well id tried to sign up a few times but it never says anything like "submission" accepted when i click submit, either its not working for me or you've had about a million submissions of my email im afraid :D

16. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    True, never got any email confimation or anything. I did back in the day when registering while Deathwatch launched, but not now so I dunno #

17. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Hey all,

We had a LOT of newsletter subscriptions last week, so I'm sure your sign ups have been successful. Just as an insurance policy, I'll post on here when the first newsletter goes out, so you can say if you didn't get it.

Have been talking future plans in the studio recently. BIG monsters keep coming up. So, today's question. Which huge monsters from the Warhammer world would you most like to fight in Quest 2?

- Ben

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Skaven Doomwheel and that huge Skaven Bell for the sheer insanity of those ;) And Glottkin, maybe; but those will be an extremely tough cookie.

19. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Big monsters? Clearly a dragon is required

Not quite the same but would be great to see Chaos dwarfs and then any of their machine weaponry - Irondrakes (flamethrower), steam Deathroller (just because) etc - would be a funny to see the whole dungeon descend into carnage as flamethrowers etc start kicking off

20. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I guess it would depend on the factions that you play against. If it's beastmen, I suppose the Cygor would fit. I wouldn't expect to see a Skaven Verminlord present amongst Beastmen, for example. Though I'm not sure it makes sense for a big creature to be in an underground layer? Anyway, otherwise for more faction-neutral creatures, I think dragons, manticores, chimera's would be great.