Warhammer Quest $4.99 > Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 10, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    You have to look at it this way. Almost everything in the App Store will be free at some point. Before I started buying games I already had like 40% of the apps that are in the top paid category from obsessively checking price drops. I bet you would be shocked at how many good apps go free each day.

2. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I usually buy apps when they reach 0,89 as I want to support a bit the devs, but I hate it when they make it free 1 week or month later. This is like taking me for a pigeon. Unfortunatly, I have been had several times (all because I tell myself it won't get any lower)...

3. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Even today there were like 3 or 4 good apps that went free and probably no one knows about it.

4. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    This Warhammer game was released over a year ago. This is the first time it goes free, possibly the only time. You have had one year of "premium" gaming. Still not happy?

5. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    If this is your principle then do not buy any apps as EVERYTHING in the AppStore will go on sale or free at some point.

I have already spent around $25 on this game and spent over 20 hours so far. This is a stellar quality iOS game which everyone should at least try.

If you feel ripped off at spending a dollar on a game this good, how do manage to feel comfortable spending any money.

Seriously dude, you need to take a look in the mirror and reevaluate your outlook on life #......a whole dollar wasted!!!!

6. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    PLUS tax! You keep forgetting this. Geeze!
    /s

7. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    The game offers enough content to not be free, but it also pushes enough for you to buy IAP that it isn't surprising it has gone free either.

Yes you don't need to buy anything extra, but it certainly reminds you that you don't have x character or x location constantly ingrained in the experience too.

8. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    I picked it up when it was $0.99... still haven't touched it. =)

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... So.... You only buy games when they discount it to a buck, and you complain that later it becomes free you become the biggest complainant? Arent you the most epic. :D

I suggest you sell your iOS devices, you'll only get burned a lot more if you buy anything else which goes down to a buck. :D:D:D:D

10. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    And it's going to happen for the rest of your life, mate. That's just the way the app economy works. If you're going to be part of it, this is what's going to happen. Nobody loves it, we all experience, but the difference is that some of us accept it for what it is, and always will be; until, that is, there is an unexpected drastic change of some sort.

11. pouffie

Aug 4, 2013
    I forgot to mention that I didn't even have the time to play the friggin' game. I have reasons for being angry.

Ya know what? I will be waiting for games to go free from now on. Devs won't get a single buck from me anymore. They don't deserve even that little.

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Besides the pointless whining that these threads become, anyone have any reccomendations for the expasions?

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The undead pack is good. And while you're at it, also buy the Witch Hunter to counter the Undead :)

14. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I'm not one of these self-righteous people round here who hate anyone who waits for the price to drop, but seriously - you got a great game for a dollar so you got a good deal. What happened to the price afterwards is irrelevant.

FWIW I had the same happen to me with this game and with EPOCH 2 (currently free on IGN) and Badland, Mimpi, Tiny Thief, Type Rider and countless other games. I still got what I paid for though.

15. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    You never let me down pouffie
    So you're extra mad because you bought something when you didn't have the time to play it...damn you world! Also I think this is like the 5th time you've said the 2nd part about not buying anymore games...keep up the good work. This is all satire right?

16. pouffie

Aug 4, 2013
    My pleasure kipping you entertained! Can I have a tip, please? A buck would do ;)

17. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Yeah here's a tip...never change. Do you have paypal?

18. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    You've just made yourself part of the problem; as the main culprits for the current state of the App Store are: cheap or pirating "consumers", big gaming companies who only see the bottom line (EA and it's peers), and Apple's wide open unregulated market. (Where copyright infringement, intellectual theft, and IAP systems that resemble gambling are approved by Apple everyday.)

19. All of those games you mentioned are really good highly recommended games, I enjoyed all of them on release.

20. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I second this sentiment, and would like to add that even though all of those games dropped in price at some point, they were all well made premium games and well worth the release price. If you get your money's worth, there's no reason to stress over a price drop.