Warhammer Quest [Universal] - May 30th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoeyLP, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    So, any updates here? Is anyone in the beta? And is this still slated for this month?

Things are awfully quiet. :)

2. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Is there a beta? I didn't think there was a beta yet.

3. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Well, if the game is meant to come out this month, I'd expect a beta to be underway.

I was in the Hunters 2 beta at the time, and it started a couple of months before the release, hence my question.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    According to what I gathered, I think they are in the very final stages before submission...so I (hope) think it will be (very) late April or early May.
    Apparently, 2-3 weeks from now we should see a gameplay video, so I guess they will be done for that time.

As far as I remember...Rodeo games posted just a teaser first and a brief gameplay video right before the game was out for both Hunters.

It's the game I'm looking forward most since forever.

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Same here can't wait for both this and space hulk.

6. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Ben Murch from RodeoGames said on Twitter, that Beta builds of Warhammer Quest will go out sometime next week. According to that and the two weeks of the App-Store approval-process, I don't think, that we will see the game in April. May - late May - seems to be more realistic! Damn! But it's okay, this game is going to be so fantastic, it's worth the wait! Come on RodeoGames, do it!

7. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Yeah talk about being torn, on the one hand I want this now dammit, on the other hand for gods sake don't rush it Rodeo. I've got enormous expectations for this one (so you know, no pressure or anything! :D)

8. SirFobos

SirFobos Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    Just got an email about the testflight beta. We should be seeing this soon! Can't wait as this is prob my most anticipated ios game of the year!

9. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Do you think its too late to apply for beta? /:

10. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    They said on Twitter that the response on the invitation was huge. So, from that point it seems like they have enough beta testers...

11. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm refreshing this like every 15-20 minutes in the hope that someone says they're part of the beta, so that I know the beta invites have been sent.

It's not healthy to be anticipating a game this much. :)

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    LOL.
    Doing the same....

BTW...according to dev...yesterday they recorded (or started to record) some gameplay videos for the promotion launch I guess....so, barring catastrophes, May could be the month (I really do not think April it's feasible anymore, considering Apple approval time), if the beta is a 'general compatibility' device beta only (10-20 days).

13. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up.

Well, yes - unless they'd be releasing the beta early this week, and then submitting it to Apple if no big crashes or problems occur. :)

We'll see...

Cheers!

14. SirFobos

SirFobos Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    Nothing yet. I will post an update as soon as I receive a build via testflight. Hopefully soon.

15. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    #75 vogelmann, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    Yeah, me too. I know, how you are feeling!

I got the Mail with the beta-invitation. I registered with Testflight, installed it on my iPad an now I´m waiting for the beta to appear. But nothing happens. And perhaps it never will. Like the Rodeo-guys wrote in the mail: "There is limit to the number of players we can invite to the beta." But I´m still hoping that I will be one of the lucky few.

I´m wondering, if there are people out there who already got access to the beta...

16. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    ipad only?

Originally I heard this was going to be for both ipad and iphone, but in the White Dwarf article it mentioned ipad only. I believe the other Rodeo games were for both (I know Hunters 2 is on the iphone, as I'm currently playing it). I only have an iphone, so does anyone know for sure if they are doing it for both? I will be so disappointed if it is not on iphone.

17. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm not sure, but I would believe this is Universal. Have you gone to their website? Does it say anything about it?

18. kurtalb1

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    ipad only

The press release on their website does state that it will be released for both. When I read the White Dwarf article, it had me concerned. Hopefully they are still planning on an iphone release as well.

19. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it. I'd trust the Rodeo Games press release :)

20. kurtalb1

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    Thanks. You've calmed my anxiety a bit :). I'll just have to wait and see. I'm really looking forward to this.