Warhammer Quest [Universal] - May 30th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoeyLP, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Devs told me directly it supports iCloud for device syncing...so yeah, it will support smaller devices as their previous games.

2. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    Good to know! Thanks to all who responded to my question. It's much appreciated.

3. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    #83 vogelmann, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    That's very good news indeed. I wish more developers would support iCloud sync.

4. Nortiest

Nortiest Member

Mar 22, 2012
    You will not be disappointed! It will be a universal app available for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Sadly we require iOS 6, so will not support the iPad 1.

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi Nortiest, good to see you around here!

Any updates on release plans, beta, etc? There were suggestions here that it might no longer make it in April, so just to manage our expectations and hopes.

Anything else you can reveal about the game, it'd be great to whet our collective appetite :)

Cheers!

6. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    #86 PureRumble, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    "Dimm is the Light...Dark are the Souls"

I've watched the short f•cking trailer 150 times now and i still cant get enough!

7. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    I can tell you guys that I know (first hand) that beta testers have been contacted and the first build is expect to be pushed to testers in about a week or so. Maybe sooner.

8. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Is that the email that informed people that they should register in TestFlight, or has there been any subsequent email?

From Ben Murch's Twitter account, he states that he's playing the game's Pre-Beta tonight. Hopefully he'll not find anything wrong with it and will send it out to the testers soon-ish. <wishful thinking>

9. Nortiest

Nortiest Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Sure! As you have figured out, we're not going to be out in April as we had hoped; we're currently aiming for mid May. Aside from that, I don't really have anything on top of the info you already have! We're currently preparing to get the beta out to people, which should happen this week.

It's nearly ready. Don't worry, it'll be worth the wait.

10. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Excellent. Fingers crossed then - I'm looking forward to the beta and then the final game :) Your Hunters legacy sets high hopes for this game!

11. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    Slightly disappointed that there is no April release, but I would much prefer a better and more polished product rather than one that is rushed. Really looking forward to it and it's eventual release will, no doubt, require a day off from work for me ;)

12. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    iOS 6 only? :(

13. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    A little update via the RodeoGames-Twitter:

@RodeoGames: We're testing the Beta build in the studio at the moment - hopefully it will be going out to the beta group in the next day or two.

Sounds good!!

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    ...and that was yesterday evening!

<back to refreshing the browser and email account>

15. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Yeah! Same procedure as the last days...

16. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Actually, on a side note, while not remotely at a comparable level, Dark Quest came out this week and it's a fun pastime while we wait for Warhammer Quest news.

I've been having fun going through it, and even though it's not as deep or detailed as WQ will hopefully be, it could be worth checking it out if it's your kind of thing. :)

17. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    From RodeoGames' Twitter account:

"Afternoon all. Concerning Beta invites. We've closed entry now. Will be sending out builds to a portion of testers over the next few days."

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I can't deny I'm refreshing the email every 5 seconds.

Given my love for Warhammer Quest, and my love for Hunters 2 (over 100 hours put in my personal GOTY of last year)...this is, hands down, one of my most wanted games since many many years on all platforms.
    And in or out, I really hope the beta serves to smooth out everything that eventually needs to...I really want the game to be a success and see long term support with quests/heroes/campaigns and such.

The fact that recently I scavenged my old parents house to find my WHQ box, discovering in terror some missing pieces, simply made the wait even more unbearable.

My expectations are really skyrocketing...

19. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Since I know you're refreshing this page, the developer's Facebook page was updated 2h ago with the following:

Cheers ;)

20. SirFobos

SirFobos Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    Nothing yet but it looks like we may be getting the beta just in time for the weekend!