Warhammer Quest [Universal] - May 30th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoeyLP, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    As per dev twitter, 20 minutes ago:

NEARLY THERE :)

Apparently they are eating a 'beta' cake too :p

So now I'm hungry too....and I must eat with one hand (the other is still pressing the refresh button).

2. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    If you guys are participating in the beta testing, I have to admit I'm extremely jealous!

3. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Still no beta-cake. I'm sooo damn hungry...!

4. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Big fan of WQ. Think this game will fit perfectly on iOS devices.

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    ...aaaand it seems the beta went out 52mins ago, so hopefully some of you have gotten selected.

I haven't, sadly, but they stated that they might add more people to the group in next week's build, so... Cheers! :)

Has anyone been selected?

6. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Nope, haven't been selected. No luck for me... Someone else maybe? Would be so nice to hear some impressions!

7. SirFobos

SirFobos Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    No luck for me either. Hopefully at least one person in this large TA community will be selected. It would be a shame to not see anyone here get on it and share some thoughts.

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Won't their beta testers be under NDA? That might explain the silence.

9. SirFobos

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    Sometimes yes but that usually refers to posting pics or videos of the gameplay. I was more looking for some info on if its like what we were all hoping for or not. Sounds like they may keep rolling out more invites next week so maybe we will get lucky.

10. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Certainly. I wouldn't expect them to share anything specific - I was actually only curious if any of the TA members had the chance of being selected for it. I'm happy for those who were selected, I admit that I had made plans around being selected for my weekend, but the bright side is that I've been going through a bit of my backlog, namely finishing Bastion and (finally) starting Baldur's Gate, since I'm kind of bored of Avadon at the moment (even though it's an excellent game, but it just feels like I have been playing that for the past 6 months or so...) so that'll keep me entertained for the time being :)

Cheers!

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Part of me wishes I'd been a beat tester for this as this and space hulk are the two games I'm looking forward to the most this year, but another part of me doesn't want to spoil the magic of playing it when it hits the store, I've beta tested loads of games before and it's never the same trying to play the game when its released after you've tested it over and over again.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    FYI (from Rodeo Games Facebook).

Afternoon everybody!

A quick update on our Beta then. It's gone rather well! Our crack team of testers have been uncovering bugs all weekend, and our equally crack programmers have been fixing them up!

If all goes well over the next few days we'll be aiming to put out a second Beta build to a wider audience towards the end of the week.

Rodeo Games

13. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Great news, Pitta - thanks for sharing.

I hope you're one of the lucky ones who's been uncovering bugs all weekend ;)

Cheers,
    Paulo

14. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Seems like everything is going well with the beta. Great news! May is WHQ-time!

15. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    I know it's kind of a little thing, but I hope that Character Sheets, Items and even the dungeon, travel and settlement Events/Hazards are represented by "cards" like in the original board game. I just think it would be a nice graphical touch. Anyone else agree?

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I debated for long if applying on the beta or not (I used to test games many many years ago but generally, if you do the right work, you just ruin them for yourself).
    I was under the impression they already have a pretty stable build, and this is the last 'general/compatibility' test (I could be wrong, just my guess) so in the end I applied.

I confess I made arrangements for last week end to have free time, but no luck.

NDA or not, I do not expect any impression from testers tough, it wouldn't be fair to Rodeo Games, even if the beta is already a stellar product.
    And if they have time to post impressions, better devote it to find bugs :)

Can't really wait.

17. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    I'm pretty sure it will be, but can anyone confirm that this will be universal? I am so freaking excited for this game, but if it turns out to be iPad exclusive I will be a sad, sad panda...

18. vogelmann

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Yes, it will be universal. One of the devs confirmed that right here in the thread.

19. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#119 Bronxsta, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    Will it run on iPhone 4?

Rodeo Games is one of my favorite IOS devs now, since I picked Hunters 2 earlier this week. Hunters 2 is in my top three IOS favorites, certainly my favorite turn based tactical on the platform and Warhammer Quest looks even better. (I'm not counting the upcoming X-Com port because it's port)

I know Quest will be universal but will it run on my iPhone 4 or only on newer devices?

20. SirFobos

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    News from rodeo games Facebook page:

"Just like the original tabletop version, you’ll be able to add heroes, enemies and expansion packs to your game. All of which we’ll be revealing over the next few weeks."

I'm beyond excited now and regardless of what they charge it will def be cheaper than trying to track down the physical copies of all this stuff. Just take my damn money already!

In other news has any one made it into the second wave of beta offers? Just trying to figure out if they have sent them yet or not.