Warm Gun by Emotional Robots $0.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sink_or_swim, Nov 3, 2012.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Played this today... Pretty graphics as mentioned but totally sucky shooting. I tweaked all I could and it seemed random when it wanted to shoot. I love that reload animation though... still sad to see something with such great graphics overall bite the big one on gameplay.

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #22 Greyskull, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    You know what the controls remind me of? It feels like a virtualized PC FPS with "mouse acceleration" turned on. Or adjusting your view in a game that your PC has trouble with with AA and antisotropic filtering turned on. Floaty and choppy; the reason I haven't played more than 20 minutes worth of Skyrim.

3. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm not sure I completely follow. The ui in this seems like it was tacked on by someone that was new to programming. I just couldn't get the dang gun for the Preacher to fire but maybe one in six attempts worked which was too late. If this game had auto fire like in Arc Squadron... or just a virtual button, I could probably have fun with this.

4. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Hmm, played for about 30 minutes on my iPad 2...actually I'm liking it. I'm not having any issues with the controls myself, I'm able to control the game smoothly and fire my weapons without any problems. I'll play for a bit more, but not really seeing the control issues others are having

5. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Same here and I'm on 4g touch. The game is fun though!!

6. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm on a 4s with ios 6. I could try it on my wife's IPhone4 with ios5.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I don't think that controls are the main problem of this game. It's the gameplay itself.

8. Karma32

Karma32 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    The gameplay itself is solid. The problem is that if you can't stand the controls, the gameplay will feel just as bad. I can't control the game very well, but my roommate can and he loves it. The developers need to provided better control options

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #29 Primoz, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    I can control it just fine too, so that's not a problem for me. The game basically died and I doubt it was because of the controls. There was just nothing to do in the game. I played this for 2 weeks when it came out, then it became just... Dull and boring. If devs would be updating this game (more characters, more maps, more weapons, different match options, leaderboards, maybe add levels (CoD style) etc.) they would have kept the players for sure.

10. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I don't see how anyone could really love this game these days...usually never enough players to even get a game going. It's too bad really, this could have been real good under more devoted developers...even if it sadly has to use the horrific coin based IAP kind of systems.

11. Haven't seen this kind of activity in a game that most seemed to not like. Guess it had a lot of potential back in the day.

12. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    It had potential until it was released haha

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This. It was looking all nice, until the release when i just went "wtf did i just wait for this game?"