iPad Warmen 1.1 ($1.99) update is out

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by frost3D games, Sep 24, 2009.

1. rautha harkonnen

rautha harkonnen Active Member

Sep 29, 2009
    this game looks interesting.

downloading.

2. stanford

stanford New Member

Sep 25, 2009
    hell it does! :)

3. rautha harkonnen

Sep 29, 2009
    definitely worth the price. Someone posted here that it has devil may cry atmosphere - i agree to that.

4. frost3D games

frost3D games Active Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Im glad the game is welcomed so warmly here :)

5. rautha harkonnen

Sep 29, 2009
    Im found myself playing warmen over and over again...

I suggest a "very hard" level od difficulty. and a new type of enemy for the next update please..... please... :)

6. frost3D games

Sep 24, 2009
    survival mode anyone?

Ok...

we just had a major brainstorm in the company...
    we figured out that what Warmen is lacking the most is a survival mode to prolong the time you guys can spend on the game. So we'll focus our attention in upcoming weeks to add that feature.

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Love that idea! The only recommendation I would make is to stage it in waves. I always like having survival modes with waves, as it lets me keep track of how far I've gotten. I'm thrilled you are getting the recognition you deserve, and that you seem intent on updating and improving the game.

8. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    For some reason I'm stuck on the part during Level 2 where you have to destroy the scrambler vehicles. I shot three missles at it and used my UZI but nothing happens. Can anyone help?

9. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Don't shoot at the vehicle itself, shoot at the spinning satellite thing. 2 or 3 shots with the RPG should do the trick.

10. dbxl

dbxl Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Anyone having trouble with the options? The camera option and hide controls toggle, but make no changes when I get back into the game

11. frost3D games

Sep 24, 2009
    Hi dbxl

Can you expand on the problem more specifficaly?

12. rautha harkonnen

Sep 29, 2009
    nice one guys :)

13. dbxl

dbxl Member

Aug 11, 2009
    So I'm on a 3gs 3.1. The options to change the camera or hide contols settings don't seem to work for me. They can be changed/toggled, but when I get back into the game, I see no difference in settings.

14. frost3D games

Sep 24, 2009
    That's our bad. This will be fixed in version 1.2

thanks for pointing that out.

15. morscata12

morscata12 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    #55 morscata12, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    I played the Doom port before downloading this, so I was expecting the same sort of gameplay - how many varieties of the railshooter genre are there? WarMen surprised me with *how* the "on-rails" aspect was used, and plays out like an amazing stealth game rather than a shoot-em-up. I felt like I was infiltrating a base, and enjoyed the "look before you leap" features (slide to look, crouch or stand, forward/stop controls).

Honestly, this feels like an interactive novel at times. The story is brought to life through your character and his interactions with the environment. Graphically, WarMen is extremely impressive. Like others have said before, this seems less like a mobile game and more like a console game. The textures are crisp, and set the mood of the levels beautifully

I did notice a few things that should be fixed, though I am sure the developer will be able to smooth out these rougher edges:

- There are some graphical glitches. Enemies spin slowly after they're dead, the gun seems to jerk the character down toward the ground every five seconds, the satellite on the trucks resets to a default position when shot, a helicopter flies through a building in one of the early scenes. Also, there seems to be a sprite nub in the bottom middle of the screen (above "Stand Up").

- This game could use a full 3D sound environment. From what I've observed, sounds are played on either the left or right speakers. This is a game to play with headphones, and 3D sound would make the experience even more immersive.

- At times, I wasn't sure if my progress would be saved when I was closing the game...or when my progress could be saved. After a few missions I figured it out, but it did make me a little uneasy.

- Additional graphical feedback for the users would be immersive/convenient. Missiles should explode on impact. It's satisfying to know where you've hit your target. The character's face should respond more to certain things (shooting, getting shot, etc). During the idle animation, I saw he had a range of facial emotes, and it'd be nice to see more of those used in-game.

- Some typos in the dialogue.

WarMen is a fun, immersive stealth/shooter. I hope that Frost3D will continue to work on this gem of a game.

16. frost3D games

Sep 24, 2009
    thanks for your very warm reviev moracosta12.

=)

some of those things are already fixed, spinning enemies, explosions... so we could submit this build right now, but we are also adding something extra to the next update.

17. dominicjan

dominicjan Member

Sep 24, 2009
    moracosta has written some nice, fat bug report for you guys to chew on ;)

18. mumford

mumford Member

Sep 25, 2009
    still no update :) come frost3d... how long will we have to wait?

19. frost3D games

Sep 24, 2009
    :) working hard to bring it as fast as possible. The update will add a "defend the outpost".. or "the base" game mode, in which the player will fight the never ending stream of enemies. We think such a type of gameplay is *hot* right now.

in my opinion... the tower defense and survival shooter type games are old news. I played my deal of it a year or 2 ago trough flashportal.com miniclip.com. Now those flash game genres evolved themselves into iphone.. oh well, need to follow the wave.

20. rautha harkonnen

Sep 29, 2009
    I like this title a lot. Really nice to see this thread gaining popularity.