Warp Gate

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tel, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    Very interested in this game and i will buy upon release if I have the cash. Also to the people asking about a release date for the game this seems like one of the bigger games and was only recently showed a little while back give it some time. Don't ask about a expected release date because if something goes wrong and them dont put it out at that time everyone will whine and say they wont buy it....... asking for details and info is one thing but it will come out when it comes out.

2. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    I don't see the harm in knowing a ETA on this game.
    It's already misted it's release date of last month I think, so they must be close to a release date or have some idea.
    They're a big company that have released quite a few games and apps, and like everthing that is put together and released, they have a constuction plan.
    First the idea of the game, then maybe code and then the time it takes for bug fixing and extra time for the unexspected error an polish ect...
    I can understand people not wonting to no until is released, but a game can still be pulled right up till it's release so there's no avoiding protetional disapointment.
    If the game is being made to a schedule like it should be by any good busniess company then they should have release date in mind for this.

3. Patton

Patton Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Grad Student
    Denver
    I don't want an exact date... I just am curious as to some sort of project timeline. Soon, end of August, 3 months, etc? I am mature enough to handle the dissapointment of a game slipping from its release date... but right now I feel like it could come out tomorrow and no one would know anything about it. A release date is an important aspect of building anticipation for a game.

The first articles on this game mentioned a late June release. But some more recent articles have suggested it is still in Alpha build... and one said the game "is coming soon to the app store." The disparity is confusing. But, we will know when we know... I'm sure Freeverse has a plan and is waiting for the right time. I just hope a little pestering on TA's forum might, just maybe, illicit some sort of early response/hint from any Freeverse employees who occasionally stop by.

Regardless... I can't wait...

4. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    Warp gate, yet another game to tease us with video and a few pics then nothing!!!

Devs should keep quiet about there prodjects until there almost ready for release then hype up the game.
    If they gonna release details early then they should at least keep us in the loop!!!

5. ballistic

ballistic Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Maybe he's busy doing..... non-molesty developer things.

(kind of a spin off from a family guy line.)

-- love that show......

6. swigo8

swigo8 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pocket God island (NYC)
    great show!
    cant wait for warp gate to come out though!

7. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Tried searching for new info... Nothin' new... *Sigh* :( I wish this was out already.

8. theaceofaces

theaceofaces Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Yeah I gotta agree with all you guys. Warp Gate looks awesome and I'm pretty much can't wait for more info to come...

Well hopefully they're working hard on it and making it into an awesome game.

9. JubJubBird

JubJubBird Active Member

Jun 30, 2009
    One of the coolest parts about Escape Velocity is the ability to upgrade to a carrier with tons of little, AI controlled fighters. It feels so badass to just cruise in, sit still, and watch your army destroy whatever it is you're up against.

Please, please say you can do this in Warpgate.

10. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    If you have lost abit of interest in this game because you thought I might have some news and don't, may I suggest Archangel for iPhone and iPod.
    Warp gate was prob gonna be a let down anyway and has been so far so give it a try!
    I think its great and more than quenches my thirst for a space combat game.
    Hope this helps.

11. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    According to the blog on the Freeverse website, they hit a milestone and finished all in-game navigation on August 3rd. Also, this will apparently use the Plus+ network, although how fully it will take advantage of it is unknown.

It seems like this is still a ways away from release, judging by the almost complete lack of publicity. I'm guessing it is two months away at the minimum.

12. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    This is what they updated from their Twitter: http://bit.ly/MsByX

Guess SOME news is good news, and I think it's from this game...

13. Patton

Patton Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Grad Student
    Denver
    #33 Patton, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    How has Warp Gate been a let down so far... :confused:

Even though there is very little news - the news we do have suggests they are hard at work on the title and want to do it right - I can't wait.

14. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    The let down comes from the fact that it was due out months ago.
    I'm also let down by the fact there is no new information or updates to there progress
    like I said weeks ago, if they gonna release details and get us involved then they could as least keep us in the loop from time to time!!
    Also the fact that if you won't better weapons for your ship, you gotta pay, this too is abit of a let down.
    The game does look great tho and I hope they break this cycle of constant disapointment by releaseing a top game, without any of there costomers
    input. They must now what we won't in space game!!!
    Just hope they get it wright

15. Johno

Johno Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    #35 Johno, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    What's with people having no patience anymore? Go make the game yourself let's see how long that takes. Stop complaining that they are making a decent app and that some things in life take time. Sure, updates would be nice but there's no reason to give up on a game just because it's taking a little longer than expected. And to say it's been dissapointing so far what the hell is that supposed to mean? You haven't even played the game yet. If half the developers actually spent time on making quality apps we would have some amazing stuff by now. Not to say there aren't great games out now but there is certainly room for improvement. The game will be out eventually just be patient.

Whoo, rant over

16. Hippieman

Hippieman Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Senior Producer, Designer
    San Francisco
    Saw this thread pop back up and didn't want it to die. Warpgate is going along at an amazingly good rate.

We did a full change to the UI, and added a lot of new features and really upped the scope of the game. We expect to be entering into a proper beta very soon (beta as in it's really close to finished beta, not "hey guys, here's a beta, I just have to add sounds and levels and graphics, kthnx").

I can't say too much or Lydia will kill me (she's our queen of PR and marketing and is pretty good at kick boxing I hear), but right now we are ensuring the economy is flowing properly (IE nothing is too cheap or expensive) and that the Missions are good and fun. And everyone is checking my spelling and grammar.

Keep watch on our twitter feed as stuff is going to start dropping (that's the plan I hear) soon.

17. Patton

Patton Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Grad Student
    Denver
    All great news (especially the part about the new UI)... thanks for the update! I google "freeverse warp gate" about 3-4 times a week looking for new tidbits. I'm curious how the new UI works, because I thought the original looked a little clunky from what we saw in the original trailers.

And tel... none of that is a let down, it is impatience. And the game was not "due out months ago." That June release a couple of blogs mentioned was probably an error of lazy reporting, and never came from Freeverse. True, I would love to see more updates, but I'm sure they want to generate interest as the game gets close to release - and not shoot off too early... and we still really have no idea when it is supposed to be released.

18. swigo8

swigo8 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pocket God island (NYC)
    all this talk about let downs and everything will go away after we get one or two awesome news updates, then every1 will be raging about warp gate again!

19. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    I dont feel let down today, great news on Warp Gate.
    Finally some info and it only took alittle ranting :)
    Its true, we wont know if this game is a disapointment till we get our hands on it, im sure it will be great.

20. lydia

lydia Active Member

May 28, 2009
    I've made my way over to this thread to say that this project is, indeed coming along very well.

As Bruce mentioned, I am quite a good kick boxer and I've made everyone be relatively silent on our exciting Warp Gate...I'm terrible, I know.

On our news page on Freeverse:
    http://blog.freeverse.com/monkeyblog/archives/2009/08/mysterious-comm.php

..there's a very simple postcard...just letting everyone know that by this Friday I'll step into the forums with a new Warp Gate announcement.

:D

Talk to you guys soon!
    -Lydia