Warp Gate

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tel, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haliaeetus

Haliaeetus Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Math Graduate Student
    In terms of exposure and media coverage, Splinter Cell and Warpgate are quite disjoint. It's nit saying anything about the quality of either, but it's no secret that the "mainstream" gaming news media still doesn't take the iDevices seriously. (Some keep track of it, but never on their frontpages). Likewise iDevice sites like TA aren't going to run a story on Splinter Cell. Also their distribution models are quite different. I do agree that a Friday release seems like it would make a bigger splash, but Freeverse has alot of people paid well to figure out the optimized time of release.

2. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    I believe he was referring to the upcoming Splinter Cell made by Gameloft.

3. mwhite67

mwhite67 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Actually

It seems like the first guy that mentioned Splinter Cell was talking about the console version, then the guy that replied to him was talking about the gameloft version then the third guy was talking about the console one again

4. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Ya, I was talking about the iPhone/gameloft version, which is what the third guy was talking about. The first guy was probably talking about the console version, but since the iPhone version comes out the sane day and this is an iPhone forum and we were talking about its effect on an iPhone game, I thought he was talking about the iPhone version.

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Does anyone realistically think the game will cost more than $6? I know the iPad version is 7.99, so I would assume not...but I'm trying to plan my purchases and as it stands, if the game is $5.99 that will leave me with 12 cents left in my account. :)

6. Quote from Hippieman:
    "Price will be less than the iPad. Again I don't think the final price has been set (and probably wont' be set until Monday night)."

7. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, I saw that, but I was wondering what people's guesses for the price point were. Obviously we don't know yet and won't know until it launches, but I'm just hoping they decide to make it at least $2 less since I just bought Babylonian Twins and now I've got about $6.11 in my account. I assume they'll at least drop it to $5.99 though. I don't think I have seen any iPhone apps yet that were priced closer than that to their iPad counterparts. And come to think of it, if it's more than $5.99 I may want to wait on a number of impressions and so on anyway.

8. Yeah, 5.99, maybe 4.99... We'll see tomorrow when it launches in NZ.

9. 4 1/2 h left. Woot. Then we'll know the price. I want this now, last day of my holiday...