Warpack Grunts - Coming soon from Freeverse?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VoodooVyper, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    it was pretty good. did you just make it?

if so then great work:D

2. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Ya they must be charged with crimes against humanity:D

3. MetroGnome217

MetroGnome217 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    ya, I made it
    I hope the game is like this

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Nice game. I am '04lukeb' on scratch. I have made some pretty cool games over the past, some of which have been top loved or featured (although now I have partly quit scratch). My best include 'Medieval Village' (an RPG game made for VG Extreme Productions) and my Counter Strike series. Take a look at my games if you are interested.

5. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Warpack: Grunts is going through its final testing stage here and at Freeverse now. If it survives it's on to the submission process!

6. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    awesome... what is it?:p

sorry, I'm just really excited to find out what this is... it could be... anything!

7. Hell_Gamer98

Hell_Gamer98 Well-Known Member

Hm? The site says I need Java to view it. But I already installed Java!:confused::confused:

8. MyLilPWNY

MyLilPWNY Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    LOL not telling us anything is really working for you although I still think you devs are quite evil

9. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I'm just perplexed about how there is a 108 post thread about a game that has no screenshots, videos, or information about it... I can't imagine this living up to the hype considering it's already one of the most anticipated games and we know nothing about it.

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I know, I think everyone's judging it from the ad with the soldier, as if that's the artstyle that's gonna be in the game. The game could turn out to be a big bowl of bullshit.

11. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    I'm really excited about this game now, I can't wait to use my touch screen and tilt my ipod to kill some... huh I mean to get some... well you know just to play and do some... huh maybe try to...

I'm so excited I think I'll just continue getting excited about this some more and look at that banner at the bottom of the page.

I'm just so excited!
    (seriously guys, what were you thinking, I know Slotz was wicked and still is one very very awesome game, and flick fishing ain't half bad either, but shaking that little green ad banner at us ain't waving a red flag at a bull! :p)

12. MetroGnome217

Apr 2, 2009
    you can refresh the page and it will work
    I hope the games like this

13. Zwilnik

Hopefully we won't disappoint (as long as you don't expect a 3D FPS or the ability to give your iPhone anti-gravity ;) ).

We've been having a lot of fun writing Grunts and I'm hoping everyone else will enjoy it too. Just a couple of days before everyone will get to see it at the iPhone Launch Party :) (and yes, if it wasn't for having to keep it exclusive for that, I'd have been posting screenshots and such a lot earlier ;) ).

14. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I have a feeling this marketing tactic is going to blow up in the developer's face, if this game isn't pure magic.

15. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    LOL my thoughts exactly, i'll make me happy too i don't like this strategy of hyping people over nothing at all.

16. MetroGnome217

Apr 2, 2009
    are you assuming that 100% of the people who buy this game are TA users who happened to see a banner?
    I bet 50% of the people who buy this havent heard of it yet

17. Zwilnik

Probably 90%, but a sizeable chunk of those will likely have heard about it from a Touch Arcade user at some point. You guys have influence ;)

As for hype. The ad's just a mention of an upcoming game (which is a fun little game btw.). The banner was already booked for another Freeverse game that wasn't ready to use the space, so we got to use it rather than waste it. A little earlier than originally planned, but at least when Warpack: Grunts hits the app store it won't be an app that nobody's heard of.

Don't worry, we're still the 2 guys working from home and writing fun games for you to play. We've not turned into a giant software company with an army of marketeers just yet ;)

18. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i would say its awkward hype, cause its being hyped, but i dont even know what the game is...the only thing that has kept my interest is the history of quality from Freeverse games..
    if it was hype from ...no mention of their names....other companies, they massively over hype their games...and i've learned my lesson

what i am hopeing it is, and it prob. is not...is a game style similar to warfare 1917...i have been begging armour games to do a port, so the first person to make a clone, wins mah money
    someone finally cloned motherload (i dig it)..and I love it...instant buy

19. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    I agree, Zwilnik you are using your reputation here (It's good, but you knew that! ;) ) but as we have nothing else to go on I have nothing to tell anyone about, so i don't say anything to anyone... but I undertsand the ad space issue and Ithink that it was probably the best thing to do.

I'll still have both my ears listening for the mention of Grunts at the party!

20. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Why not provide at least some details? Every other developer does it. What, do you think you're Apple or something?