Warpgate Now FREE (both versions)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by backtothis, May 10, 2011.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Werd!!

My sisters iPod totally went haywire after jailbreaking it, and I had a 2nd gen that I gave to my wife after I got my 4th gen, and she had me jailbreak it for her, and now almost all her games crash while playing... Even games I've bought... Just not worth it... I'd rather wait for games to go on sale or end up in the free bin. =oP

Especially after spending $400 on my 4th gen... There's no way I'm jailbreaking this sucker!

2. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Actually in 2010 Buyer's Guide, TouchArcade picks this game over Galaxy on Fire 2.
    Thanks for making it free!!!

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I didn't put anywhere that this game was worse xP.

4. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Excellent find, what is the reason for the sale?

5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I guess it is a matter of taste. I played both and I can tell I appreciate the combat and the presentation of GoF2, light years ahead!

If you have not tried this, I suggest give this a shot while it is free.

6. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    One of my all-time favorite titles on the platform.

Truly a drop-what-you-are-doing-and-download-now title at this price.

7. sorefingers

sorefingers Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    iap?

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    No?..That's always been there for the lazy kids.

9. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    #29 STYJ, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 11, 2011

I actually downloaded this to see that it contains IAP which really bothers me especially when it's not content based but rather in game currency so I deleted it . At least now you've assured me that I don't need it .

edit : what's with the camera lol . When i try to turn the camera , it zooms in / out at the same time >.> really not helpful .

10. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

+1

Played both of them as well and GoF2 is more or less another dimension. Let alone the well performing voice actors… In the same time while reading the first chapter of Warpgate's extensive tutorial you are already fighting, harvesting and transporting in pretty pretty GoF2.

And it seems that you can get Galaxy on Fire 2 (a full version without online scores for the time being) for 60 % off until end of june:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=93602

11. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I never even finished the LITE for iPod touch. It seemed potentially interesting...I do like space/commodity games and this one looked to have some depth to it. But when they added the accelerometer control many people (me included) kept spinning in place during battles. By the time they added it as a selectable option, I was too turned off.

I recently got an iPad so decided to try the HD version. I continue to have the spinning issue during battles. I was able to turn off the accelerometer control at least.

The game is potentially interesting to me, but there seems to be some heavy hand holding. Each step points me to where I need to go. I feel less like the decision maker and more like I'm just following where the game is telling me to go. I do plan to keep at it for a bit, though. In one sense, I guess it streamlines me having to click around and plan my route, but I like doing that.

In any case, I do appreciate the freebie and the opportunity to try it on the iPad. I was definitely excited to see this pop up and have mentioned it to others.