Watermelon Legend Achievment Contest! Winner gets 15$ iTunes gift card!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by SirDarkened, Feb 13, 2010.

1. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Well, I guess I had better submit my scores for the last time :)
    story:15,070
    challenge:8058
    Achievment: N/A (got to lvl 12)

Thanks!

2. baldong

baldong Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    nice score... and I am glad you are still fighting in lvl12 :p... I am too bad and insane .....

3. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Hey everyone,

The contest ends at 11:59pm. If anyone wants to submit final scores, feel free.

Currently the winner for ALL the prizes is RaptorF35 as he has the latest submit and we are not sure where everyone else is with their games.

4. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Wow, RaptorF35 is a maniac! :D if he wins it all, it's well deserved!

and btw I'm no where near his scores, but it's a great and quirky game. :)

5. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Os that 11.59 CST or EST or?

6. SirDarkened

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    It ends when I get online tomorrow afternoon ;).

7. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    I added my scores before to my original score post on page 2 :)

8. rushipop

rushipop Active Member

Feb 21, 2010
    pretty unfair

there may be 12 levels, each level gets drastically more difficult than the one before it...
    The upside is that it's a fun to play over and over with the challenge.

9. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Well I'm not even close, but I post my score for sh!ts and giggles:
    Story:5745
    Challenge: 3159

and at one point, I scored 1337 on the challenge mode, hehe, that's gotta be worth something, right? ....I kid I kid :p

Thanks for the contest! I swear, one day I'm gonna get that completion achievement.

Attached Files:

10. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    #50 Khamous, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
    OK here's my entry:

Highscore: 5274
    Challenge:5771
    Achievement: None, but got 15 seconds into lvl 12 screen 4

Now, I'd like to give some feedback as only 2 people have gotten into parts that not even the beta testers have. This game is too hard... we all know that, but some things make it harder:
    - Wind is a total random factor, in fact, screen 3 and 4 of level 12 for me, were winded, and that is extremely unlucky, so either they should be predetermined, or randomized depending on the difficulty level (as in, normal has no wind, hard has medium wind somewhere, extreme has strong wind with more frequency)
    - The character's hitbox doesn't match its image. Try it, get a ball enemy shoot straight, now see how much into the beam you can get into w/o really getting hurt. Yes, it is needed to have a much smaller hitbox to be able to survive, but knowing it should be a matter of seeing it, not deducing it due to so many hours of playing.
    - You shoot too slow, I mean, I barely made it into screen 4, that means it is probably possible to beat the game (contrary to popular belief) but... it is hard... hard hard hard. Something that would make it easier is either increasing the speed at which orangy1 shoots, or increase the time the watermelons stay in the bg before dissapearing, subtle changes that help lots.
    - Dimension: yes, sometimes you are sent a diagonal shot... dodging it is neraly impossible as you don't know the limits of your character in 3d, meaning, sometimes you can dodge under it, sometimes you get hit anyways, and you can't really make a difference, so if you're cornered with a diagonal shot, you probably lost a life.
    - Consistency: I mean, we all know that every level has 4 scenes, and at scene 3 "medics" pop up to save your life because you most likely are dying. But, the time it takes for the medics to come up varies from try to try, that is specially true in challenge mode, consistency would make it so the medics always pop up at the same time no matter how many times you do it, making it a matter of skill and not skill + luck.

Bugs I found:
    -Sometimes in the later levels the enemies would dissapear for a split second, only appearing again when I hit them with a watermelon.
    -After a while (several hours of playing) I started experiencing slow-downs and complete screen freezes of the game that came back after some seconds (yes, it took a while and happened twice), maybe it's my ipod but I think you should check into it.

Now, advice you should add:
    -powerups: like, invincibility or bullet time, no shooting cooldown, maybe even the ability to shoot entire watermelons, with lots more damage for a limited time, maybe the watermelons can also roll, doing a bowling attack giving you breathing room.

11. SirDarkened

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    We need a bit more people to own the game add "powerups". There are plans for another update though. To fix bugs and add a couple things.

Winners are Khamous (Closest to the achievement) and RaptorF37 (Highest Scores for both campaign and challenge mode.

Congrats, you will recieve your codes via pm, now :)

12. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    Yay :D

And I know, but I was just pointing out the things that I noticed after hours of playing the game :D Hope it helps make the game bigger and better.

13. baldong

baldong Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Congratulations for Khamous and RaptorF35. It is really not easy to get into lvl12, and you both did it! :)

@Khamous
    You advice is deep thought and we are very appreciated. As SirDarkened said, we would like to integrate features similiar with power-ups in the furture versions, when we are prepared, and the next version will come with some bugs fixed and small improvements.

14. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Congrats Khamous and RaptorF35! :)