Wayward Souls (Mage Gauntlet spinoff by Rocketcat)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by undeadcow, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #181 MidianGTX, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    Perma-death? Random level generation? Roguelike-like?! I'm buying this game so hard.

I didn't buy Mage Gauntlet because it always seemed like they were testing the waters for something better, and here it is. I wouldn't necessarily call it a spin-off though, more of an evolution.

Edit: Also, this might be slightly confusing for some people: http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Wayward

2. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I was wondering when this game is going to be released? The last known update was late March and it was suggested this would be out by the end of May? It is almost mid June and no word yet?

I am not being critical, I am just hyped for the game and would like some info on an updated release date.

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    From their Twitter, it sounds like the game's being finished and/or polished currently. And I think the name's been officially changed to Wayward Saga.

4. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    Thanks for the update...any word on a release date?

5. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Late June or early july

6. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Check their Facebook page. They're a lot more active in fb than in the TA forums

7. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    Any updated word yet for this game, release date, etc.? I don't use facebook so anyone with some info would be welcomed here.

8. G3NNRAL DEV

G3NNRAL DEV Well-Known Member

Rocketcat announced on twitter that the game is gonna be delayed a month or so due to personal issues

9. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Damn, really sucks to see the drop-off in anticipation for this game, my most eagerly anticipated iOS game ever. There was a 3-month gap between posts, and then another month-long-plus gap? I hope Rocketcat are still hard at development here, I hate to see the interest waning for this game the way it appears to be. :(

10. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    I completely agree with you on the interest thing. Hopefully the game will be released in the next few weeks or so.

Does anyone have any new information/updates on this title?

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

On August 1st, I had messaged Rocketcat on Facebook, asking about Mage Gauntlet and some proposed content that had been mentioned in the forums here

Their response:
    Nothing specific there, but the response suggests that they're still working it.

12. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Welp, another month, another 0 posts about this game. Whatever personal issues are bogging down the development and release of this game must be really bad, since they've been holding the release of the game up for the past 4 months. I hope everything is ok for the 3 guys at Rocketcat, but damn. This delay and loss (see: stop) of momentum for them could be very detrimental to their business. Fingers crossed for the best.

13. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    They said a while ago that they're aiming for an October release. They also said most gameplay stuff has been added, and it's just down to the 'boring' stuff.

14. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    It's a seperate team working on it while rocket cat kepa works on death road to canada

15. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Well, just downloaded mage gauntlet. I'm excited for the new game and will probably give it a shot if I enjoy MG. I can't believe that I missed MG for all this time. My favorite type of games are ARPG.

16. Frungi

Frungi Active Member

How’d it go?

I believe I heard Wayward Saga should be out in February. I’m not sure where, but I think they said they’d try for the beginning of December, and push out to February if they couldn’t make it. Anyone else hear anything about a release date? It needs to come out already so I can throw money at it.

17. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    if i'm not mistaken the game was put on hold since the guy from rocketcat started working with another dev to make death road to canada and doesn't look like that one is out yet

http://www.deathroadtocanada.com/

but in their twitter account there is some info

18. Frungi

Frungi Active Member

Aren’t there two different teams working on the games? So they could work on both games simultaneously without one slowing the other down—I remember him saying something like that.

19. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Check out their Facebook. He posts weekly updates there. WS was on hold at one point, but now they're back to working on it. Last I checked he mentioned he was working on polishing a build to show at PAX east. He's also working on polishing the hard mode or whatever for when you beat the game, so I'd say this is pretty far along.

20. Frungi

Frungi Active Member

PAX East? April? =(