We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Is Canabalt worth $2.99?

1. Yes

213 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

293 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. Not my type of game

102 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hmmm, something suspicious here, I see your post count is the same on both posts. I am thinking you probably do not really have over 1.2 million posts. Why, I bet you are barely over 100,000, 200,000 tops! For shame!

3. Uberblake

Uberblake Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Yes
    Cuz a Slurpee goes away after you drink it
    You can't drink Canabalt.

4. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Actually - I was thinking Hodapp probably is the OP on another account. How else would this topic spring up again?

not really

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    haha exgamer is very funny

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I bet exgamer has been staring at Canabalt on the AppStore for the past 24hrs. mulling over why he can't bring himself to buy it, checking his wishlist again and again, hoping magically it would say 99c, but every time it doesn't he takes another bite of his hotpocket in angst.

7. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Totally off topic, but how did you calculate the value spent on app store? Is there an easier way than adding up from all the receipts?

8. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I use http://spentonapps.com/ sometimes it is better not knowing :)

9. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    this if you have OSX dont know if their is one for windows. it tells you how much you spend if you bought it today so most of my money was spent in 08 early 09 before everything was free/.99c. so i did add the receipts and its about a $900.00 difference between what it would have cost me today.

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's been out forever..clearly it did well in past, now that steambirds is out by the same devs has been doing very well.

11. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Now that you mention it... you're probably right :)

And you paid to find out how much you had paid already? That's rich! Apple should provide that statistic in iTunes for free. But I can understand why they wouldn't. They'd rather empty our bank accounts 99 cents at a time :)

12. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Honestly this.

I loved Canabalt, and absolutely supported it's pricing, but considering that the frame rate has been busted for 3GS users since iOS 4.0, I certainly wouldn't say it's worth the price in the form it's in right now.

Semi Secret promised to get Canabalt fixed after the release of Steambirds, so we'll see.

However, $2.99 is not in any way shape or for an unfair price for a working Canabalt.

13. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i hope you two understand hodapp is eli hodapp aka the front page writer and founder of the websited you are on

14. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    He's not the founder.

15. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    you know it's nice to support a dev and stuff, but there comes a time when you gota think if what ur saying actually makes any sense. tbh, i agree with the op. canabalt is not worth 2.99 in the app store today. maybe when it first came out, but there are alot better games for two, maybe even three dollars less

16. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    or wtev same point

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Is there any other way to eat a Hot Pocket? Speaking of Hot Pockets, Costco has a huge box for $12, anyone know if it's really worth that? That's like... four Canabalts.

18. exgamer

exgamer Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    worth

So in your mind Hoapp canabalt is worth more than monsters dash , which has refreshing levels , power-ups, and the like. Iam surpirsed to see you defending canabalt so hard . Adam Saltman must have solidified your wallet very well. At every turn you defend him and his game. By the way how much has he lined your pocket with. I see lately on the front page you cover big companies rather than idies . You must be cashing out.

19. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Wait a minute. YOUR post count is the same on all of YOUR posts as well! I am thinking YOU probably do not really have over 1,000 posts. Why, I bet you are barely over 100! And guess what? All of MY posts have the same number, so I can't POSSIBLY have more than 400 posts! Why, I bet that I only have, like, ten!

20. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    I feel a facepalm coupled with a 'duh' coming on...