We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Is Canabalt worth $2.99?

1. Yes

213 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

293 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. Not my type of game

102 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Canabalt is worth its money.

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Step right up folks! The circus is in town!

Lookie here, exgamer has a fanboy. Your very first post ever from being here since April is a post on THIS thread, supporting TA's newest troll? And what? When exgamer isn't even logged on to see this joyous occasion?

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    LOL I WONDER WHO THIS IS!?!??!?!?!

kgtfo.

4. Arcytrex

Arcytrex New Member

Apr 5, 2010
    To be honest, I never felt like registering because all I came here was for the reviews. Also just because I defend someone doesn't mean I'm a fanboy. I just happened to see what people said about this game and I very much dislike the way you guys treat your members on here. Honestly this is a community, he has an opinion about the pricing of an app. People complain about prices all the time. Look at the price of gas for example. People complain that it keeps going up.

Lol I don't know you either, that's SO FUNNY! "kgtfo" No thanks I'd like to see YOU do something about it. As for the admins ban me for all I care I just wanted to express my opinion.

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Ugh the same arguments are just so tiring after awhile. Been there done that. No need to do it again.

You registered - just way back in April and then now you post. Apparently missed all the negative nancy posts exgamer has had today and in fact the last couple months. So your sudden support from out of nowhere is quite -- puzzling indeed. If you felt the need to rally for the underdog then props to you. It's a hard job. I have done it before so I know how difficult it really is.

Yes it is a community, opinions welcome. Just not when they are trolled on every thread of the day - 2 mch monies; reedy dev; chrge 2 much; filthy dev - need I go on?

6. Arcytrex

Arcytrex New Member

Apr 5, 2010
    You're right, my ignorance about this community's past "trolls" is completely my fault. He wouldn't have trolled if you guys didn't provoke him though. I never meant to defend but I honestly don't understand why you have to "feed" this "troll". Leave him be, and if people agree with his opinion then so be it. All I have to say is if someone trolls, ignore them and don't attack them with insults especially if you failed at insulting.

Anyways I really don't care about your thoughts on me, not posting after this as I never intended an argument. I'm hotheaded and that's just me.

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

@arcytrex
    exgamer has also trolled the roguerunner thread and a (quite) minor trollage post on GOF 2 thread

8. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I have a strong feeling exgamer will be banned soon. His trollocity has no limits.

9. LeopardGecko

LeopardGecko Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Male
    Addictions
    Colorado
    #549 LeopardGecko, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
    @arcytrex

At least you sound educated. That's where arguments and discussions diverge.

If someone comes in here going,"OMGZ, CANUBOLT SUXORZ LOL BUY ANGRY BIRDZ," them people won't react nicely, fueling the argument.

On the other hand, if someone were to say,"Hey, I think Canabalt is unreasonably priced, here are my thoughts on the matter:" THEN maybe users wouldn't react so violently.

10. exgamer

exgamer Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    no flame

The fact is I didnt attack anyone personally , but they started . I have a valid point but they choose to act like kids. Then they say I should be banned . They need to look in the mirror.

11. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    if they only have one sale a week, they should rise the price to 50$ or such.. their income will be higher than at 3$ because there surely will be one lost soul every once in a while who buys it..

at the end most games on the appstore have a lifecycle.. if they rise to the top they don't stay there very long.. only a few single extrodinary games do that..

look at how fast rage is breaking down already.. so what.. canabalt surely made their cut.. and rage too.. so if you picked your money you go one.. make the next game.. buy a ferrari.. an island.. whatever.. fly to the moon and meet frank sinatra.

the appstore is such a fast market with new games coming out at lightspeed that it doesnt make sense to hold on to a product whom lifecylce is already over.. so canabalt would probably not sell much different than if they would be at a dollar or two.. if the game is out of the loop its out of the loop.

to get it back one needs todo alot more than just decrease the price.

12. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Yes, let's start attacking everyone now. :rolleyes:

13. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Find me a game chart that shows the top 1000 games and Canabalt being in the 786 spot. I don't know where a chart that big is, so for all I know, that number is made up. Even if it is 786, considering there are hundreds of thousands of games, 786 ain't bad.

14. richi_man

richi_man New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    I think it's worth it.

15. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I am sure there are tons of apps and games out there not worth the money they charge. And am sure a lot of games that one set of people feel is not worth the price is loved by another set of people. Wonder why canabalt is getting all the attention.

16. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
  17. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

app annie

App annie is very very useful. My favorite new toy.

18. Enzo-259

Enzo-259 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    No. It has ten seconds of content repeated over and over.

It shouldn't be three dollars! It's a port of a free flash game for christ sake!

19. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Don't bring christ into this...

anyway I think it's worth it. if you like it, then it's worth it. If you don't care for games like that, then don't waste your time