We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Is Canabalt worth $2.99?

1. Yes

213 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

293 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. Not my type of game

102 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Is mobigames freaking insane!!!!! I payed 6 bucks!!, 6 whole bucks for a game, and now it's .99 f-ing cents!!!!! Have they lost their minds?!?! I'm so pissed off right now. Perfect cell is a great game! Why mobigames, why???? Why have you done this to me?

2. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    Haha, welcome to garbage can #2! As for your complaint, welcome to the pricing reality of the app store. You have to see it from both sides though. Expensive games that you may have skipped drop in price as well. For example, when Final Fantasy 3 drops to $8-$10 in the near future, you will save almost 50 percent!!:D

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Ha ha ha - post moved - too funny!

6 WHOLE bucks? Not 6 HALF bucks?? You sure - no wait that would be 3 bucks - ok yeah you paid WHOLE bucks then.

Ok - man your battle stations - incoming alert: Sales Anger and I am guessing Atari Rage...

4. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    I don't blame you for waiting re control impressions, but waiting for the game to come down in price from **$2** is just pathetic. Way to support the devs :rolleyes:

5. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    You have to understand some people believe that regardless of how good the quality a game is they can't spend more than .99 because they have such a "backlog" of games and we need to know and care about it. Its tiring but there will always be someone every thread who needs the price argument to be valid for them. Its 1.99 - buy it or shut up

6. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    In some ways I think Apple have shot themselves in the foot by 1) having a price point so low and 2) allowing temporary promotions. If a game comes out that doesn't hit the lowest price possible, those less generous folk will simply wait until the price comes down. However long that'll be. For me though, I think that enjoying the game for those interim months is worth the extra dollar. Jeepers man, it's a dollar! :eek: :D

7. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    I agree but for the sake of the thread lets get back to how awesome this game looks!! :D

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I read the news. I went through a rap phase too, then I grew up.

Well you say that, but I'm probably correct.

This whole mess wouldn't be here if it was as simple as you make out. Nobody here would buy a game they think costs too much, there's no doubting that. It's the strange and egotistical notion you seem to have that your opinion on game value is the right one that people have a problem with. Especially when, in comparison to a company like Square Enix, you know absolutely jack shit about the industry.

I don't like the hours.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    We already have a profiler on TA, no need for a second of these jerks.

10. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

For mobigames to crush my dreams and drop the price of their game 80 freaking percent...

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    You've got some shitty dreams.

12. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Hahahaha thanks for the laugh I needed it!!!

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #993 Vovin, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011

You've made my day! :D

I also guess that vbxz47 never saw a sale before.
    No other reason to explain such a reaction.

Imagine this:

Is my baker freaking insane!!!!! I payed 3 bucks!!, 3 whole bucks for a bread, and now it's .99 f-ing cents!!!!! Has he lost his mind?!?! I'm so pissed right now!!! The bread was great!!! Why, my baker, why???? Why have you done this to me?

I officially declare vbxz47 our new

[​IMG]

14. natedogg213

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    Ooooh, someone's gonna get infracted

:eek:

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #995 Vovin, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011

Awww, just shut up, you jerk. Finally, please.

(hehe, even if I am getting an infraction, it was worth it! :D )

/irony

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah, I heard the mods are really cracking down on users insulting other peoples dreams.

17. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Pro tip: Not a real word.

18. natedogg213

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    LOL at the ever changing subject of this thread. Now this has turned into you being ashamed of your rap phase? I bet this phase consisted of wearing hammer pants, clothes backwards and getting beaten mercilessly for it. I've loved hiphop for a long time and although my tastes have changed, I still listen to it frequently and am not at all ashamed. Let me indulge in your antics for a moment though. If I apply your user name logic and google "MidianGTX," other than a bunch of your lame youtube videos and PS3 trophies, I conclude that your name is a reference to the Quran and therefore you are an extremist who when not posting nonsense, practices jihad. And you drive a beat up Plymouth GTX. Am I on track!?

Ha, true words of wisdom, you wacky extremist!

I don't claim to be an industry expert but I am familiar enough with game prices that I have my own sense of value which I have shared. I also know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I've read tons of iOS FF3 reviews, and most have a sentence or paragraph on the price. Some say its worth it, others not. So don't try to act like the price of this isn't a topic that's worth discussing. You on the other hand, are just as useless as IMNS. You are too frightened to share your opinion and instead resort to personal attacks. Maybe you should apply to be a moderator. Oh wait, the hours probably wouldn't work out for ya. :(

19. natedogg213

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    Amateur Tip 1: I was mocking IMNS.
    Amatuer Tip 2: Although it sounds odd, "Infracted" is a real word. It's past tense for "infract."

Good day sir.

20. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Here's a tip: Stop mocking forum moderators if you value your ability to be able to post on the TouchArcade forums.