We're mad as hell about iOS games that cost money, have ads, and/or any IAP at all.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Is Canabalt worth $2.99?

1. Yes

213 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. No

293 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. Not my type of game

102 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    finel fantasy shoudl be 3 dollers max...

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Because everyone is entitled to an opinion. It DOES matter though where and how you express that opinion. Game Impressions threads are not places to whine about pricing. So, since the content of the post did not break any rules (unlike the post syn. void just referenced) they get moved and not deleted.

If every post was deleted then everyone would be whining about censorship. You see? You can't win. I say black, you say white no matter if it is yellow.

Buy a game, don't buy a game, your choice. But don't play connoisseur and expect your opinions to be accepted as truth. They are opinions after all. Ones that the mods and admins do a fine job of sifting through and placing in the appropriate place.

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #1803 ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    Clueless as always.

Its much more easier (100x IMO) to simply dump these pointless posts in this thread instead of deleting them, notifying and explaining the posters that their posts were deleted. And then continue the argument with them via PMs about how they did nothing wrong and their posts shouldnt have been removed.

And how is this worse than deleting for you? You (or any other expert) wanted to put your point across, and the great oppressors are allowing you to do that here. Have an open discussion. Post all your 'expert' opinions here. Just dont spam the game release threads and dont whine when others dont agree with you. Unlike that universe that you've built inside your mind where you may be god and everything you say might be The Holy Truth the moment you say it, people in real world are capable of thinking for themselves and having an opinion which may not be the same as yours.

Edit: NEG explained it already I guess. And from the looks of it, she's done a better job too.

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Then change the title of this thread to: "Some iOS Devs are dishonest, unscrupulous, and manipulative." Which would then accurately represent what I actually said. But then, it wouldn't quite have the same sensationalist ring to it, would it? Who cares whether or not you are misrepresenting or misquoting what somebody actually said? After all "you aren't a journalist" so it's fully allowed, right?

What you are doing here is wrong. Any decent human being in possession of all the facts can see that. Shame on you, you quite simply disgust me.

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #1805 ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    Do you know you definitely give me some of the best laughs here on the forums? Now you do!

You have some really serious issues you must resolve first instead of arguing with some online strangers and calling other online strangers evil just coz they wont give a game in a way you want it. You stay at a place which disgusts you even when it'll take just one click to close the browser tab and never log in here. Is it just me who disgusts you? In that case lemme tell you that I'm not going anywhere anytime soon (you couldnt possibly be counting on something like that). Do you like this 'disgusting' feeling or are you lying about this place disgusting you? Maybe you arent even sure if it disgusts you or not? Maybe you know the reason TA disgusts you is coz of your own ridiculous comments you made here?

I dont know man. I'm just guessing coz i simply dont get it. I spend hours on TA everyday coz I like the place and the community (and ofcourse I have lots of free time in the first place). As much as I disagree with some of your recent posts, you (or any other forum member for that matters) dont disgust me or give me any sort of negative feelings. But if it did, I'd leave such a place (no matter online or IRL) as soon as I can. And with online places, its as simple as not going back to that website and using one of the million other sites to pass my time instead. So why exactly are you still here? Are you on some sort of mission to prove that you are right and TA mods, admins, along with some of the forum members here were wrong? Get out of that universe you created in your mind already. You have an opinion. Its not going become a fact just coz its 'your' opinion.

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Crap, are these at least permanent IAPs or consumable in nature?

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    no way... KEEP IT UP~!!!!!

I'M DYIN, I HOPE YOU'RE DYIN TOO!!

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    damn...
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

10. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    The IAPs are basically for in-game coin, which then covers all kinds of perks and power-ups. Some consumable some not. Yes, you can just play to earn coins, but as always in these cases the game is clearly balanced towards "persuading" you to spend money. Example: first level of permanent upgrades costs 250 coins. Second 1000. No idea at what rate it increases thereafter, but you get the picture.

11. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    This is slightly misleading, as there is only one IAP, which is "buy more coins". These coins are used to purchase the various upgrades in the game, but the coins are also collected in large amounts during the course of normal gameplay. Spending real money is not at all necessary, as the prices of the upgrades are in no way out of reach if you play the game with any kind of frequency.

12. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    one word -> GLU

13. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Again you twist my words. Yes it is you who disgusts me. To the degree that I can't even bring myself to respind to you directly. I'm on TA because other people make it worthwhile. Is that your agenda now? To make me leave?

I know there are good, decent people here. Is there really no one who will stand up and speak out against this persecution?

Those of you laughing, how can you think this is a joke? What's wrong with you?

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It's pretty safe to just disregard Gabrien's posts on pricing and IAP at this point. I think he's off his medication or something. I've played an early build of this as well, and yeah, the IAP basically just exists for the people that want it. It's by no means required.

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    don't think of it as a joke...

just can't take it as seriously as you...

blow it off... does it really matter THIS much?? Is there anything that you can change by what you're doing? I really doubt it...

They'll keep doing and thinking what they will, and so will you...

nothing either of you say is going to change the others mind, or cause a big change to happen...

oO

16. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Dude, seriously, chill out.
    This thread is about devs being able to price their game how they wish. I say - let them if they feel it is better for their income. No one makes you buy anything you don't want to.

17. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Personally, I think the whole Gabrien vs. IMNS showdown shouldn't have gotten this far. Gabrien had good points originally, IMNS's were decent but misunderstood Gabrien's point. *I'm not saying anyone was right or not, just saying* However, now it's pretty much an insulting contest, and no even mediocre points from either side (is this Congress?....) so....ummm...there's no winner. And everyone, go gets some Chillax to eat (it's sold by Chillingo now, btw). Wait, no, don't stop arguing, just pause so I can get the popcorn...can you set up a skype battle so we can all watch live?...No?...
    Wait up...
    Okay...3...2...1...GO!
    *eats popcorn*

18. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Is there not a rule in these forums against personal attacks and persecution? I'm actually beginning to feel like I'm being stalked.

19. flybird

flybird Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    No more Nany Cat!!!!!!!!!!

20. flybird

flybird Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    You are jazzing this up...okay..all kick back!