What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dreamerdonkey, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Having purchased a new iPad mini, i had to replay a lot of games.

Run N Gun
    Verticus
    Temple Run 2
    Blood Roofs
    Last Knight
    Subway Surfers
    TheEndApp
    Pitfall
    One Epic Knight
    Rayman Jungle Run
    Totem Runner
    Ronin
    Polara
    EPOCH. (third new and fresh save file for me, one on each of my major devices)
    Mass Effect Infiltrator
    Wild Blood
    Chaos Rings 2
    774 Deaths
    Infectonator

And a few fairly new ones (newly fired up at least):
    Banana Kong
    M&M Clash of Heroes
    Time Surfer
    Minigore 2
    Dungelot
    Momonga Pinball

2. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    All these games I have already completed, but I still love/play them :)

The Lost City
    Yesterday
    Broken Sword 2
    Osmos
    Polda 2
    The Walking Dead

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Right this very second?

Kids Vs. Goblins

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Infestor (by people that made League of Evil)
    Mutant Mudds

I'm currently mostly playing
    Rob-o-Bot
    Zen pinball (Sorcerer's Lair)
    Pinball Arcade (the genie table)

Thinking of picking up Zen Pinball's Epic Quest for some "RPG", and Pinball Crystal Caliburn II. I'm surprised I'm enjoying these as much as I am. It's almost like reading a book for me; I'm imaging & making up stories in my head when I play these.

5. #25 Connector, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    I'm not quite sure what your question is, but I think it is basically how my new ipad with hdmi tv plays compared to the latest consoles. I currently don't own a console, so my ipad basically is my console for now. I do go over to my friend's house once in a while to play His ps3, but he mostly has FPS games and Street Fighter games, which I enjoy, but I'm not a huge fanboy of either genre.

I kind of prefer more arcade, action rpgs, driving, motion, and puzzle games. For console games, of course consoles are better, but it is really fun for me to play on my ipad hdmi tv out. With so many games, that are cheap, and many free, it is a blast everyday to play them, and test them on tv.

Also, I have a Gameloft wireless joystick, and use the iphone joypad app, so I get a tech demo console of sorts, and really a wireless bluetooth joystick is the bomb!!!!

Puzzle games are a little hard to play on my tv cause I have to focus on the ipad so much. Games like Repulze, catch the arc, or shmups, play really well with my ipad on hdmi tv out. Other games like Wild Blood, Nova 3, or Asphalt 7 play GREAT with my wireless duo gamer joystick.

So yeah, if I had the desire to pluck down an extra grand for a console and games, I probably would play a console and my ipad at home. But personally I would rather spend that $1000 on a new ipad 5 or 6 and another bigscreen tv. Plus you can do so much with an ipad on tv like youtube, word processing, web, photos, music, etc, that I enjoy just having one portable device for everything.

I had an xbox before with hundreds of games, mame with thousands of games, and even had it installed in my car too if I wanted. But honestly, everytime I bought a game for $50-$60, i would grow bored of it in a week. So now I spend a buck for a game, and even if I get bored of it in a week, I am happy. Plus there are tons of free games you can try out every single day.

Anyway, it's a tech demo of a console, but it works, and is hella fun, and for $50 for the hdmi adapter and 25 foot hdmi cable, it has been the best investment that I have made for my ios gaming experience. Here's a link to the hdmi thread, if you haven't already read it yet.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173262

Attached picture is Nova 3, note the Gameloft Duo Gamer Joypad at the bottom

Attached Files:

6. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    wow thanks for the info...answered every question i had ;)

was wondering if the Gameloft wireless joystick is compatible with any other Company games besides Gameloft? or if there is some other gamepad out there that works universal on some games.

7. Stephen Richard

Stephen Richard Active Member

Jan 2, 2013
    USA
    Angry Birds
    Heroes and castles

8. #28 Connector, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    No, unfortunately only some Gameloft games. It is a true shame cause it is an awesome joystick, controls just like a xbox or ps3 joystick. So the tech is there for wireless bluetooth joysticks. Makes me have hope that a universal one for all games will come soon. The Gameloft is the best out there. There is the icade bitty but there all kinds of issues with it, and it is not an xbox class joystick like the Gameloft joystick is.

9. Itchyant

Itchyant Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Main ones at the moment are:

Rayman Run
    Gunslugs
    Tiny Heroes

10. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Syder
    Small World
    LASW
    Heroes & Castles
    Sefirah

11. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Final Fantasy Dimensions!

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The thread you are looking for should be, "What IAP are you currently paying for"...

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    That might be appropriate if the IAP model was anything other than TWD, any DLC, or other episodic/content based purchase...

Like instead of Dimensions, he said ATB...

14. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #34 iPadisGreat, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    Not enough sleep syndrome. Got home real late last night. My bad.

Totally misread Dimensions as ATB...

How do I disable auto smilies? I typed "FF: D" without the spacing and a green smily kept popping up.

15. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    yeah could see a Universal being done, having a joystick take over the controls over any game that uses the basic onscreen pad controls/buttons + mabe some other marco option for custom.

16. Lucian90's

Lucian90's Well-Known Member

May 2, 2014
    Asphalt 8 almost everyday!
    Word Chums
    Dragon City

17. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Bought 10000000 two days ago because it was on sale for $0.99 and I have been hooked ever since.

18. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Hearthstone

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

I play Injustice, & Lionheart every day pretty much in between work, kids, and the wife :)

20. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    weather its the credits rollin with Family shoutoutz 4rm the Devz 7 Teamz 2 one such az yourself, 2 thiz day "it" still getz 2 me.:mad::cool: